I BELIEVE in Omar Calhoun.... | The Boneyard

I BELIEVE in Omar Calhoun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Me too.. With this being his final season I look for him to be that guy that no one expected to step up... He had a tough couple of years after he started out real well as a frosh... I hope he's in the lab preparing his self, his game to help lead this team to another NCAA run....

Reaction Score
He has to work like he's never worked this summer to stay relevant. I think we are all pulling for him. I will never forget him being so excited on the bench as a soph after that terrific freshman year and thinking he'd bounce back this past year. Let's go Omar! I think confidence and spacing is big for him. More shooters this year should help him have more space. He has that unorthodox shot so he has to get rolling to keep the faith a bit.

Reaction Score
Having him be a factor for this team could be a critical component to this season. 3 guards is not good enough depth, we kind of need Omar to contribute since we still don't know what to expect out of Cassell.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
If he could be any sort of instant offense off the bench, we become an extremely dangerous team.

Definitely pulling for Omar. He has stayed true to the program through a lot of adversity (APR post-season ban, coaching change, injuries, demotion to bench during championship season). I do think that it's his time to shine and he'll make a few huge shots for us this year.

Reaction Score
I think a key factor for Calhoun's success is that the pressure is off of him this year. At best, he's the #4 guard and the expectations for him are at an all-time low. All he needs to do is come into the game and take quality shots.

I think he will reach all-time season highs of shooting efficiency. I'm predicting 42% from the field and 37% from 3.

Reaction Score
Not to seem skeptical but seniors are typically what they are when looking at their body of work over 3 years. Sure there are exceptions, but Omar (and Phil) just need to play solid ball, anything more is a bonus. The good great thing is we shouldn't need much more.

Reaction Score
Not to seem skeptical but seniors are typically what they are when looking at their body of work over 3 years. Sure there are exceptions, but Omar (and Phil) just need to play solid ball, anything more is a bonus. The good great thing is we shouldn't need much more.
This season will be the first time in a long time that he will be 100% healthy and that really is a big deal. We've seen what he can do in his freshman season and there is no reason why he can't be a more polished version of that player.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I saw an intensity on defense and on rebounding on both sides of the floor out of Calhoun late last season that I never saw before. Here's hoping he keeps that up. If he does, he'll be a blue chipper for us this season.

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great talking about Omar Calhoun. Thanks to those with the positive and encouraging outlook.

Reaction Score
This season will be the first time in a long time that he will be 100% healthy and that really is a big deal. We've seen what he can do in his freshman season and there is no reason why he can't be a more polished version of that player.

He has a broken toe right now. I don't know when he'll be able to work out again.

Reaction Score
I'll be happy if he can give 7-10 minutes of solid defense, and add a little depth. No reason to expect much more based on the last two years.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'll be happy if he can give 7-10 minutes of solid defense, and add a little depth. No reason to expect much more based on the last two years.

I was a big Omar fan and hoped he could bounce back and while he gave us flashes last season, specifically the Florida game, I think he's pretty much who he is at this point.

He needs to just work on that 3 as I think that'll be his biggest and maybe only asset. Nothing wrong with that either.

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 7.37.23 PM.png

Reaction Score
I don't see Omar playing guard much this year. Jalen is going to be 1st off the bench when either Purvis or Gibbs comes out. And then Sam Jr. is next up at guard.

Omar's best chance to see court time will be backing up DHam. Should be 1st off the bench when DHam needs a spell.

But, from a program standpoint, here's a kid who was good enough to start as a freshman. As a senior, he's going to be fighting for every minute he can get. That's a good sign of where the program is right now.

Reaction Score
I don't see Omar playing guard much this year. Jalen is going to be 1st off the bench when either Purvis or Gibbs comes out. And then Sam Jr. is next up at guard.

Omar's best chance to see court time will be backing up DHam. Should be 1st off the bench when DHam needs a spell.

But, from a program standpoint, here's a kid who was good enough to start as a freshman. As a senior, he's going to be fighting for every minute he can get. That's a good sign of where the program is right now.
Same for Nolan, who started in the Championship game. I agree this is a good place to be for our program.

Reaction Score
I was a big Omar fan and hoped he could bounce back and while he gave us flashes last season, specifically the Florida game, I think he's pretty much who he is at this point.

He needs to just work on that 3 as I think that'll be his biggest and maybe only asset. Nothing wrong with that either.
Agree with you 1000%. Omar should spend the entire off season working on his outside shot. One of the reasons we were so good in 2014 was because we had a number of guys who can hit the 3 and that wasnt the case last year. Id like Omar to have a Rashad Anderson type of year where he can come off the bench and just knock down shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom