I BELIEVE in Omar Calhoun.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I BELIEVE in Omar Calhoun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I keep forgetting about omar. Only bc he's been constantly injured. He will add skill and more importantly knowledge and leadership off the bench unless this is coming out year. Our team is so deep, especially 1-3/4. Off the bench will be adams cassell omar enoch facey. This team looks like they're going to be insanely quick and uptemp. If they can do it I would love to seem the full court press and the uptempo from years ago while also sending the ball downlow when we need to. So ready for this season

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I'm very sorry that Omar is having to recover from another injury. It is always a great thing to have an experienced senior on the team and I have no doubt that he will make significant contributions throughout the season.

Reaction Score
Omar will be a starter this season. Will have a huge year like former Husky Kemba Walker and will be a first round NBA draft pick. You can take that to the bank.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Omar will be a starter this season. Will have a huge year like former Husky Kemba Walker and will be a first round NBA draft pick. You can take that to the bank.

Who does he replace in the starting lineup, pray tell?

Reaction Score
At best he 2nd guard of the bench behind Adams. Maybe he comes in for Dham if we want to stay big.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
At best he 2nd guard of the bench behind Adams. Maybe he comes in for Dham if we want to stay big.

I mainly see him as the backup 3, he seems to be the only one on the bench with the size to play the position.

Reaction Score
It's all about that 3 ball for Omar's game to thrive - hope he's getting that down! In the Georgetown 3 video that OP posted, the announcer said "I think he's better when he's just catching it and shooting it right away." Hope he can get some good looks like that and succeed.

Reaction Score
Omar will be a starter and will have a big year. Uconn will need his scoring. Will have a dynamic season averaging over 20ppg.

Reaction Score
Hey he has had a career plagued with injuries. Give the kid a break. He was one of the best players in the Nation coming out of HS. If not for the injuries, would have went to NBA after sophomore year.

Reaction Score
Hey he has had a career plagued with injuries. Give the kid a break. He was one of the best players in the Nation coming out of HS. If not for the injuries, would have went to NBA after sophomore year.

While I agree that injuries have curtailed his career, I just don't know if double hip surgery is something you can come back from and be the same player.

Reaction Score
I mainly see him as the backup 3, he seems to be the only one on the bench with the size to play the position.
I think Purvis will get time at the 3 when KO goes with 3 guards, both when Hamilton is resting and also when the team goes small with Hamilton at the 4. I think Cassel and Omar will split 10 mpg between them, depending on who has the hot hand.

Reaction Score
I think Purvis will get time at the 3 when KO goes with 3 guards, both when Hamilton is resting and also when the team goes small with Hamilton at the 4. I think Cassel and Omar will split 10 mpg between them, depending on who has the hot hand.

I totally disagree with you assertion that Mr. Calhoun will split getting only 10-minutes a game. Hogwash! The man has been very impressive during off season workouts. He will be a starter and will lead Uconn in scoring this season. An you can take that to the bank!

Reaction Score
Hoopdreams, you sound like a crazy person.

I don't disagree, it would take one of the greatest comeback player of the year performances ever but how many people discredited the guy who proclaimed how good Kromah was going to be for us? Indeed, this is a much bigger reach but maybe he's right. Nah, I'm going with crazy person too. But I'll be happy to be wrong, the guy stuck with us at a difficult time.

Reaction Score
On arguably our most talented team of the Ollie era (on paper), I just don't see a spot in the starting lineup for this version of Calhoun. Gibbs and Miller easily slide into our two vacancies. Purvis is not going to start at the 1. I love Omar for sticking with us and everything else, but his best case scenario is 15-20 mpg, 40-45% from 3, and between 6-10 ppg. If he gives us that as our 4th guard, then we're in Houston.

Reaction Score
Omar has worked extremely hard this off season with former and current NBA players. I've seen it for myself. He's been shooting 800 shots a day and has been jumping out of the gym. He's ready for a banner year. I know that KO has been utterly surprised and impressed with the shape that Omar has came in. He's ready and will start as a Senior captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom