I am just not that upset about today | The Boneyard

I am just not that upset about today

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It sucks losing, but IMO this team has not looked that bad the last 3 games. Iowa State played well against UConn, and that came could have gone either way. UConn dominated Buffalo, and lost a heartbreaker to WMU.

The offense is night and day better than it was against Vanderbilt. Vandy was a better D than WMU, but McEntee couldn't throw in that game and the receivers couldn't catch. He threw for 300 yards with 4 TD's and no INT's. I may be missing a game, but I think that is the third 300 yard game since Orlovsky left.

And he needed to score every time. Did anyone doubt that he was going to punch it in when Griffin put it on the ground? When was the last time you had that much confidence in a late game rally? McEntee is not a great QB, but we are flirting with mediocrity, which is light years ahead of where we have been the last 6 years.

And McEntee is doing this without much of a running game. McCoombs is quick enough, but he has a lot to learn about playing running back. Way too much dancing behind the line, and that big run he had should have been a TD instead of him tripping over his own feet. He ended up with good numbers, but half of it came off one carry. There were too many 2nd and 3rd and longs that could have been shorter with less dancing and more running by McCoombs.

The defense just folded up today after 3 good efforts in a row. The drop off from Wreh-Wilson is just unacceptable. It's not like BWW is Darius Butler. He is just a good college CB, and there is nothing behind him. The pass rush was non-existent. Did Jennings play in the second half after getting hurt on special teams? I didn't think to look for him until after that point, but the pass rush evaporated completely at the end.

UConn is what it is. It is no where close to a Top 25 team, and I think a few teams on the schedule have turned out to be better than expected. 4 Big East wins and a bowl bid is still a possibility given how the team is developing and the rest of the league is shaping up.

Reaction Score
It sucks losing, but IMO this team has not looked that bad the last 3 games. Iowa State played well against UConn, and that came could have gone either way. UConn dominated Buffalo, and lost a heartbreaker to WMU.

The offense is night and day better than it was against Vanderbilt. Vandy was a better D than WMU, but McEntee couldn't throw in that game and the receivers couldn't catch. He threw for 300 yards with 4 TD's and no INT's. I may be missing a game, but I think that is the third 300 yard game since Orlovsky left.

And he needed to score every time. Did anyone doubt that he was going to punch it in when Griffin put it on the ground? When was the last time you had that much confidence in a late game rally? McEntee is not a great QB, but we are flirting with mediocrity, which is light years ahead of where we have been the last 6 years.

Reaction Score
muntz:
love your post, and agree to a certain point, however, you do realize this team played in a BCS bowl in January?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
muntz:
love your post, and agree to a certain point, however, you do realize this team played in a BCS bowl in January?

that was a very happy accident. UConn was the least deserving BCS team in history. The Big East was terrible and Bill Stewart completely melted down at the Rent to lose to UConn. Even Pitt in 2004 had earned the bid more than UConn did.

Reaction Score
McCombs didn't trip over his own feet. There was strong wind gust that blew in and tackled him. McEntee keeps looking better with reps. Victimized by a couple of bad drops again today. The whole time Griffin was running I kept thinking he was going to fumble due to how he was holding the ball. Up to that point, that was a hell of a drive by Mac.

Reaction Score
Agree on Griffin, could see that coming. McEntee doesn't even look like the same player out there...impressed by the rapid progress.

Lets hope the offense keeps improving, and that this was just a bad day for the D. Rutgers, Louisville and Syracuse are all terrible... I think we'll win some games in conference...will it be the four we need to go bowling? Doubt it...but it's not impossible.

Reaction Score
that was a very happy accident. UConn was the least deserving BCS team in history. The Big East was terrible and Bill Stewart completely melted down at the Rent to lose to UConn. Even Pitt in 2004 had earned the bid more than UConn did.

You're funny. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but thank you. Needed the laugh this morning.

Reaction Score

And McEntee is doing this without much of a running game. McCoombs is quick enough, but he has a lot to learn about playing running back. Way too much dancing behind the line, and that big run he had should have been a TD instead of him tripping over his own feet. He ended up with good numbers, but half of it came off one carry. There were too many 2nd and 3rd and longs that could have been shorter with less dancing and more running by McCoombs.

The defense just folded up today after 3 good efforts in a row. The drop off from Wreh-Wilson is just unacceptable. It's not like BWW is Darius Butler. He is just a good college CB, and there is nothing behind him. The pass rush was non-existent. Did Jennings play in the second half after getting hurt on special teams? I didn't think to look for him until after that point, but the pass rush evaporated completely at the end.

UConn is what it is. It is no where close to a Top 25 team, and I think a few teams on the schedule have turned out to be better than expected. 4 Big East wins and a bowl bid is still a possibility given how the team is developing and the rest of the league is shaping up.

4 big east wins...your on crack

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Of course you aren't upset. Anyone who could have 500 posts on why the hybrid Big East is a great idea generally can't be too invested in the football program.

Reaction Score
We should beat Louisville, Rutgers, and the Cuse. Their seasons to date are making us look solid. If we can steal one of USF or Cinci, that's 4 BE wins. I'm chalking up Pitt and WVU as losses. Call me crazy (I'm sure plenty on this board today will) but I like our chances against USF in 2 weeks. Typical USF hot start and fold once BE play starts and the weather gets a bit cool.

Reaction Score

This is where I am. And the WMU fan said they would throw I all over the place and half of you ignored him. Turns out they were better than most of us thought. I'm very happy with the way that Mac played. I now have some hope.

Reaction Score

You saw us as not winning another game at 3-4 last year but now see us as going to a bowl game? LMAO. You have become an utter joke. There is nothing you would not say, at any time, if you think it's helping you make arguments about coaching.

Reaction Score

That's just not even close to being true. The Big EAst was much better last year than when Pitt won it, and Pitt needed overtime that year to win it's I=AA game.

Reaction Score
That's just not even close to being true. The Big EAst was much better last year than when Pitt won it, and Pitt needed overtime that year to win it's I=AA game.

2004 in AP poll had Pitt #25 and WV and Uconn getting votes. 2010 AP had no top 25 and WV and Uconn getting votes. Seems like some voters thought 2004 had more/better team(s) - or seems to suggest that "not even close to being true" - might not be close to being true. Oh, also, not say'n should lose to 1AA team, but didn't # 16 VT actually lose to a 1AA team last year?

Reaction Score
We just lost, AT HOME, to a team from the MAC.

i'm not one to get overexcited on positives or negatives and like to think about things rationally, but if you're not upset about that loss and the way this team is playing than i don't know that you'll ever be.

just answer this one question... what is the direction of this team under coach P? Are we improving any where? what is the clear vision?
there is none and we're not getting better... thats why i'm in borderline panic mode that this program is in quick sand with Pasqualoni.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Part about UConn not deserving the bid: sufficiently ignored! Well done!

Reaction Score
We just lost, AT HOME, to a team from the MAC.

i'm not one to get overexcited on positives or negatives and like to think about things rationally, but if you're not upset about that loss and the way this team is playing than i don't know that you'll ever be.

just answer this one question... what is the direction of this team under coach P? Are we improving any where? what is the clear vision?
there is none and we're not getting better... thats why i'm in borderline panic mode that this program is in quick sand with Pasqualoni.

Are you more upset by how playing than last year after the Louisville game? Looking at talent, W Mich looked to me to have the better QB and receivers. If you do not see the offense as better, not sure what you are watching. This team was driving for a tieing score at end of game, not great, but at least in the game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You saw us as not winning another game at 3-4 last year but now see us as going to a bowl game? LMAO. You have become an utter joke. There is nothing you would not say, at any time, if you think it's helping you make arguments about coaching.

I have no idea where you are going here. I am absolutely, 100% indifferent on Pasqualoni. I am not slitting my wrists over him or bemoaning about St. Randy leaving us like many here, and I don't think he is a savior. In fact, he is pretty close to about the same as Edsall in my opinion, maybe a slight improvement because of recruiting.

Keep up the flames though if it makes you feel better.

Reaction Score
Nelson, your entire schtick on here is attempting to get flamed, so let's hold the whining when it happens.

I am sick and tired of hearing about how teams are better than we thought they were. They aren't. Western Michigan may have been, but I hope that is only to the fans in the stands and not the coaches - because watching some of their first few games and reading the stats, it was clear they were the best team offensively that we have faced this year. With that being said, their defense is nothing to write home about.

I also don't get how McEntee gets so much credit for improving this game over Vanderbilt. Vandy has a better D than WMU, put more pressure on him, and left less recievers wide open. Vandy also was very rude and caught some of Johnny's passes to them, as opposed to WMU who kindly batted them down, or one time, was kind enough to bat to one of our recievers. Really gracious visiting defense.

Really no idea how people think Rutgers and Syracuse are worse than us, but maybe you are just preparing yourself to say "Rutgers is much better than I thought they were."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
McEntee is fine if there is no pressure. When defenses get to him things fall apart quickly.

Reaction Score
It all boils down to this......if you are not that upset about what happened yesterday, I really have to call into question just how much you are emotionally invested in the football program.

You have too much Drummond on your mind right now.

Reaction Score
It all boils down to this......if you are not that upset about what happened yesterday, I really have to call into question just how much you are emotionally invested in the football program.

You have too much Drummond on your mind right now.

This is a silly comment.

I was really pissed off for about an hour. Then I got home, went out to dinner with friends, and had a couple of Laphroigs and cooled off. I'm not going to let it ruin my life.

Reaction Score
This is a silly comment.

I was really pissed off for about an hour. Then I got home, went out to dinner with friends, and had a couple of Laphroigs and cooled off. I'm not going to let it ruin my life.

No, you're interpretation of the comment is silly.

We're talking in relative terms here chief. Nobody is letting this ruin their life. But, this is a message board dedicated to UConn football. And, in relative terms, if you aren't that upset what happened but are compelled enough to come here and post, then I don't know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom