I am having a hard time not | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I am having a hard time not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MaineUConnfan, where you lost me was when you said you'd root for the Big East. Syracuse is no longer Big East. Their back stabbing traitors and a team who has had some of the most hated college basketball players of all time.

No one should like Syracuse except Syracuse...and that's stretching it.

Reaction Score
Kumbaya, my lord, kumbaya

sean maybe some day you'll come over here and maineuconnfan will be talking about rooting for PC in the tourney (no NIT threads of course so that blows for you).......heck maybe Ledo will even suit up for PC some day!!

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Calhoun might root for Cuse, and vice-versa with JB. The rest of those former UConn guys, who knows? Cuse is no longer part of the conference that UConn will be in, so why should we or they root for them?

Do you think any Cuse fans would root for UConn in this situation? Me neither. (Maybe a handful at most for whatever personal reason.) They've hated us for years, simply for being good, winning NC's before they did, and thus "infringing on their rightful turf" in the Big East. Screw that. I can't root for them again - ever.
The money shot right there. Do you recall any Syracuse fans saying congrats after the 2011 championships (BET and NCAA)? Do you recall any Syracuse fans saying "you got jobbed" after the double jeopardy penalty imposed by the NCAA? Do you recall any Syracuse fans saying "that's wrong" when the UConn was excluded from this year's BET? As Bugsy states - me neither.
Now granted, it's a bit gratifying to be the better person, to be able to say congratulations to a rival and be sincere and not the least bit envious. However, being better than the typical Syracuse mouth-breather isn't much of an accomplishment.
All in all, this post has more troll written in it then anything else. I question the sincerity of the original poster if only because there is just that whiff (more like stench) of rotting oranges.

Reaction Score
Actually,
You guys were kind enough to start TWO separate threads about PC postseason play. But we don't matter at all, right?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I guess it is pointless to post anything that is not vulgar, hateful, negative or immature. This reminds me of the time I was in this acoustic songwriting competition at the University of Maine. I had made it through the first two rounds of the competition. Then in the final round there was 6 acts. The absolute worst act out of all 6 won the competition, basically because it was on a college campus and all they kept on doing is swearing non-stop in between songs. and everytime they did, everyone cheered like they were intent on proving evolution that night. It is cool every once in a while to make a crass statement. We do not always have to make profound post that summarize the feelings of everyone. However I do not know why I am continually astounded by the level of immaturity that envelops this forum. Kudos to all those decided to put a smack down on my post. You have accomplished your mission, you once again decreased the IQ of the Boneyard. Respond as you may...I will not respond back.

This can't be real...can it?

Reaction Score
Actually,
You guys were kind enough to start TWO separate threads about PC postseason play. But we don't matter at all, right?
We just like making fun of you twerps.

Reaction Score
The money shot right there. Do you recall any Syracuse fans saying congrats after the 2011 championships (BET and NCAA)? Do you recall any Syracuse fans saying "you got jobbed" after the double jeopardy penalty imposed by the NCAA? Do you recall any Syracuse fans saying "that's wrong" when the UConn was excluded from this year's BET? As Bugsy states - me neither.
Now granted, it's a bit gratifying to be the better person, to be able to say congratulations to a rival and be sincere and not the least bit envious. However, being better than the typical Syracuse mouth-breather isn't much of an accomplishment.
All in all, this post has more troll written in it then anything else. I question the sincerity of the original poster if only because there is just that whiff (more like stench) of rotting oranges.

What does it matter who generic Syracuse fans root for?
I do have friends that breathe via both noses and mouths and are Syracuse fans that congratulated me (as if I were involved) for UConn's wins in 99, 04 and 11 and likewise I congratulated them during Carmelo's run. But so what. Are you honestly watching Team XX fans reactions to UConn's success as a determinant of how you feel about those teams? What does it matter who anyone is rooting for when they turn on their TV at home or go watch in a bar?

How about simple basketball reasons that we know Syracuse better and Indiana was pretty much a weenie team last night outside of Oledipo?

It used to be standard practice to root for your conference. This has gotten majorly screwed up with all the defections. However it could easily happen that some day soon UConn fans are applauding Dook or some other school for helping us get into a desired conference. Its harder to both like (So Cincy is the only conference school UConn fans are supposed to like now? Ugh) and hate other schools (Much as I loathed BC for being first domino, can't deny at this point that their move was superior to UConn's keep the conference together moves) these days.

So my compromise to this point was to root for Syracuse out of old conference habits, but then I'm also kind of hoping that it all gets stripped away via NCAA violations.

Reaction Score
I am having a hard time not rooting for Syracuse. I know that they have of recent years especially this year become an enemy of the Uconn program in general, but I have always rooted for big east teams in the tournament when Uconn was out. To me this is the last hurraah, might as well enjoy today and hate when the season is done. I want to leave the reality of the collapse of the Big East. I just want two more weeks rooting and hoping the true big east goes out with a bang, even if there is no Uconn. I know the Big East did not allow Uconn to play in the tournament this year and that was ridiculous. But the big east was more than the Athletic Directors and administration. It was a sense of regional pride. It is part of my my childhood, it is something I want to hold on to for at least these last two weeks. Then let the hating begin.

Syracuse wants to kill UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
I know I said I would not reply...but this is a more acceptable response in disagreement. It is cool to disagree, but really is it necessary to to hate on each other here in the boneyard....If I am crazy for rooting for the cuse tonight(which I probably am) I will assure you, I will never root for duke, even if we enter the ACC...period. Also it made me think of an interesting question. Who do you think the following people would be rooting for in this game. Calhoun, Ollie, Kemba, Freeman, Blaney?

They would root for Duke, the school that wanted to add UConn. Not for Syracuse, the school that wanted to kill UConn basketball because it's threatened by them. I really do believe your priorities are not in order. Whatever happened between Duke and UConn in the past, we have to remember now that schools like Duke, UNC and U. Virginia are the only friends that UConn has.

Reaction Score
Actually,

If you believe that any of those threads would be there if it were't for YOU sean, then you're as stupid as your buddies!!! That's for you........you should feel honored!;)

Reaction Score
I am having a hard time not rooting for Syracuse. I know that they have of recent years especially this year become an enemy of the Uconn program in general, but I have always rooted for big east teams in the tournament when Uconn was out. To me this is the last hurraah, might as well enjoy today and hate when the season is done. I want to leave the reality of the collapse of the Big East. I just want two more weeks rooting and hoping the true big east goes out with a bang, even if there is no Uconn. I know the Big East did not allow Uconn to play in the tournament this year and that was ridiculous. But the big east was more than the Athletic Directors and administration. It was a sense of regional pride. It is part of my my childhood, it is something I want to hold on to for at least these last two weeks. Then let the hating begin.

The deeper we go into the tournament, the more I agree with you. At this point, I think I'm rooting for a Syracuse--Louisville final. If "they" have successfully killed off the Big East, let's at least eliminate any argument whatsoever that what they killed was, by far, the best college basketball conference the world has ever seen.

Reaction Score
They would root for Duke, the school that wanted to add UConn. Not for Syracuse, the school that wanted to kill UConn basketball because it's threatened by them. I really do believe your priorities are not in order. Whatever happened between Duke and UConn in the past, we have to remember now that schools like Duke, UNC and U. Virginia are the only friends that UConn has.
In what way does this actually impact the universe? In all seriousness, it is certainly reasonable to argue that fighting and bad-mouthing BC ended up being a mistake for UConn. Only thing we've got now is argument that all of the conference realignment is a hypocratic money-grab and we stood up for what is right until the world changed and we had no choice. But now to the extent that UConn alumni or fans have any impact on what UConn the insitution does, I'd vote UConn the institution makes nice with every school in any conference UConn would like to join regardless of perceived grievances, be they past, current or future. For example rumor has it they'll vote against including us in XX conference (Syracuse but insert BC or Pitt etc..) but how will hating them or more specifically rooting against them to win basketball games improve this?! Maybe if they win the NCAA tournament they'll be in such a good mood that they'll change their mind [sarcasm].

To sum up, I don't feel what fans do regarding basketball games moves a butterfly's wings.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I thought you were mauconnfan, and I thought it was weird he was being so charitable towards the Fruit.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Games like yesterday, I don't know who I want until it starts and I find myself going one way or the other. I found myself going for Cuse, I still hate the B1G I guess. Cuse can lose now, however.

Reaction Score
In what way does this actually impact the universe? In all seriousness, it is certainly reasonable to argue that fighting and bad-mouthing BC ended up being a mistake for UConn. Only thing we've got now is argument that all of the conference realignment is a hypocratic money-grab and we stood up for what is right until the world changed and we had no choice. But now to the extent that UConn alumni or fans have any impact on what UConn the insitution does, I'd vote UConn the institution makes nice with every school in any conference UConn would like to join regardless of perceived grievances, be they past, current or future. For example rumor has it they'll vote against including us in XX conference (Syracuse but insert BC or Pitt etc..) but how will hating them or more specifically rooting against them to win basketball games improve this?! Maybe if they win the NCAA tournament they'll be in such a good mood that they'll change their mind [sarcasm].

To sum up, I don't feel what fans do regarding basketball games moves a butterfly's wings.

Universe and cosmos, hey?! What?

If bad-mouthing BC was a big mistake for UConn, why wasn't it a big mistake for Syracuse and Pitt, which did even more bad-mouthing?

I'll give you the reason: BC and Cuse want UConn dead.

To me it makes no sense to root for the people that want you dead. Others may disagree.

Reaction Score
I know I said I would not reply...but this is a more acceptable response in disagreement. It is cool to disagree, but really is it necessary to to hate on each other here in the boneyard....If I am crazy for rooting for the cuse tonight(which I probably am) I will assure you, I will never root for duke, even if we enter the ACC...period. Also it made me think of an interesting question. Who do you think the following people would be rooting for in this game. Calhoun, Ollie, Kemba, Freeman, Blaney?

Not me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I for one am having a very very easy time rooting against them
Yeah just wish they'd lose though.

Reaction Score
Universe and cosmos, hey?! What?

If bad-mouthing BC was a big mistake for UConn, why wasn't it a big mistake for Syracuse and Pitt, which did even more bad-mouthing?

I'll give you the reason: BC and Cuse want UConn dead.

To me it makes no sense to root for the people that want you dead. Others may disagree.

Re: bad mouthing - Were Syracuse and Pitt part of the lawsuit, I thought UConn spearheading that is/was the alleged reason for DeFlippo being anti-UConn? Even though the true reason was the same as why they defected, namely they didn't want to compete against and contribute to building UConn Football.

Haven't followed recent machinations enough to know how or why Syracuse or Pitt want UConn dead. And regardless I'd attribute that anger more towards individuals in charge (ala DeFlippo so him being gone softens me towards BC) AND I don't really care enough (b/c all of the conference realignment is disgusting by definition there are too many villains at this point and all act only in self-interest). And I don't want to be a similar hypocrite as we kind of have to hope that UConn will do whatever it takes even if it means 'wanting X program dead' if it lands UConn in a preffered confernce.

Meanwhile I definitely don't think what happens while I (or anyone else) watches Syracuse play Indiana on TV via 30-minute DVR delay has any effect on the outcome or is anyone's damn business. If the TMI maine kid was at the arena planning a massive crowd support movement it'd be a different albeit still tedious, trifle and extraneously silly debate.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the NCAA's investigation is thorough and swift.

Reaction Score
I am personally rooting for Marquette to win 130 to -4 if it was possible.

I have no love for a Cuse and their coach bad mouthing our situation on the way out.

Reaction Score
I am personally rooting for Marquette to win 130 to -4 if it was possible.

I have no love for a Cuse and their coach bad mouthing our situation on the way out.

Well we know from experience that baskets can be subtracted from your score (Marquette reg season ot), so maybe it is possible for them to go negative! Who knows!

Reaction Score
you guys are so silly.
Silly????? What is silly is that you feel the need to post about rooting for Syracuse and then you have an issue with the obvious response. You are pretty silly to assume that you'd get any other type here after some of the things that have been posted here by Syracuse fans, some of the remarks by their coach, their leaving the Big East at absolutely the worst possible time (on the verge of a new tv contract) and the fact that somehow "no one knew their assistant coach was a pedophile" nonsense. You're entitled to your opinions but when your opinions are so foreign to the mindset of the forum members you still felt the need to post them??????????????? What the hell were you thinking?????????????

Reaction Score
This is really good to know....I was wondering and waiting for you to confirm this. I am glad you did it before morning so that I can sleep now. Again, thank you.
Boy, aren't you the clever one. Maybe you could just go away, please! I'm not familiar with you or your posts but obviously you are some sort of boneyard virus that has been unleashed upon us. Please cease and desist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom