I am going to say something some will think is nuts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I am going to say something some will think is nuts

Reaction Score
0 and 3 but still a schedule with a bunch of Patty's. Duke will be a loss but after that.....
But after that we play … wait.. it’s coming….. almost… Tennessee, cupcake right…

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more I want to see McDonald. It isn’t just because he appears to have a lot of talent, but because we need to make sure he gets a chance here before he hits the portal. Many observers say McDonald looks very good. He certainly looks like he has the strongest arm of the group in practice. I’d love to see if he has “it”.

We know what Zion can do and he’ll probably be a bit better than he was last year, but it wouldn’t hurt to take a look at both and make sure we use the right guy. We’ve got real problems and need to explore all options.

Reaction Score
We have 3 left. If the most talented one isn’t playing, it’s a mistake. Even if young Tucker McDonald is the most talented, just play him. This team is going to fall apart if something promising doesn’t turn up. I dread the portal losses we’ll see if these guys don’t rally.
He can play 2 games without losing RS?

Reaction Score
After watching last night's Colorado/Colorado St. game it's pretty clear the right thing to do is play the best QB, regardless of age, years in college or size. More on their RS Freshman later.

TR, ZT and JF all have shown shortcomings and TM may have some too, but if he shows in practice he has the arm strength, accuracy and ability to see the field and find open receivers he should play.

ZT showed last year he wasn't accurate, often late with his throws and surprisingly slow for a highly touted athlete. JF didn't seem to be the improvement we were led to believe he would be, and TR has shown in 6 quarters that he's often off target, often so late getting the ball out that receivers that were open are now covered.......or is it just that our WR's and TE's don't run good routes, don't have the speed to get open, or our plays so predictable?

The CSU QB is 6'1" and a redshirt freshman who looked uneasy at the start of the game (quick pick 6 to fall behind) but then made great throw after great throw. There may have been a couple poor passes (I didn't watch every minute) but he was far better than anyone I've seen on the UConn roster since Pindell. He didn't show any running ability but maybe that was because of his passing and his running backs.

Also, at least twice during that game the announcers mentioned CSU has 12 new offensive linemen this year with their second year coach having made major improvements to the roster. The line did a great job protecting the QB and opening holes for the backs. Is it possible that conference membership, with its rivalries, add so much to the passion and emotions of a team that it helps recruit and rebuild that much and that quickly?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Tucker would be listed on the depth chart if he was anywhere close to ready. I’d imagine by years end they’ll want to get him some snaps, but he’s probably not ready for next week.

Reaction Score
All is not lost. Jelani Stafford! We need to get Clercius back on the field. Joly can play wideout with his size. Where's Drawdy? Sit Porter. If Rosa is hurt run Mitchell . Put some beef in the run game and run more straight ahead. Put a TE on the LOS. It is not that hard.. Start Zion.

Reaction Score
For the purpose of full disclosure, due to a few no shows we ended up with enough extra tickets that my buddies and I went to the lot at halftime for a couple of beers, initially planning on going back in for the second half. I decided to break out the grill (around the time the second half began) so we started our post-game tailgate early, discussed going back in but when it became a game decided we could jinx it as the results were far better with us in the parking lot than in the stadium.

In the first half, all of Roberson's passes, even those where he had time, sailed high. Some extremely high. He had no pocket presence and no command of the offense. I said to my buddies a few times (while we were in the stadium) that it was time to put turner in as QB. I don't know what changed for the second half but other than the first drive against NC St and perhaps a couple moments late in that game, we haven't seen QB play as good as ZT in a few games last November. I know he is far from perfect but he may be our best QB at the moment.
If he was 3rd on Charlton’s depth chart, I would start Turner over #1 and #2.

Reaction Score
Tucker would be listed on the depth chart if he was anywhere close to ready. I’d imagine by years end they’ll want to get him some snaps, but he’s probably not ready for next week.
Not sure if it’s been discussed or mentioned but Tucker’s Dad passed away unexpectedly a few months back. I don’t know that Mora would throw a freshman into the fire who is possibly struggling with grief.

Great kid from a great family and everyone is different when dealing with a close loss. Just don’t expect to see him ‘thrown out there’ until he’s emotionally ready.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it’s been discussed or mentioned but Tucker’s Dad passed away unexpectedly a few months back. I don’t know that Mora would throw a freshman into the fire who is possibly struggling with grief.

Great kid from a great family and everyone is different when dealing with a close loss. Just don’t expect to see him ‘thrown out there’ until he’s emotionally ready.
It could be just the opposite. He could throw himself into football and so could his family. Kids are resilient and playing football is probably his happy place. Play the talented guys so they don’t bolt.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why is that nuts? Turner’s average throwing game was better than Roberson’s was yesterday. And the offense as a whole played with more confidence with him behind center
I wanted the switch because Turner can't throw. Turns out neither can the other two guys. And the best runner of the three is the one out for the year. At least we've seen that the QB job was given to the correct player originally.

Reaction Score
All is not lost. Jelani Stafford! We need to get Clercius back on the field. Joly can play wideout with his size. Where's Drawdy? Sit Porter. If Rosa is hurt run Mitchell . Put some beef in the run game and run more straight ahead. Put a TE on the LOS. It is not that hard.. Start Zion.
They definitely could use a spark. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t. Think Joly last year or Casey when he finally got his chance. Hopefully some will play better than they practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom