I am going all in on the conspiracy theory | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I am going all in on the conspiracy theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
If it's not attributable to broken personal relationships (and a certain law suit), then I just can't figure out why you guys have been so obviously left behind. Logic would dictate a far different result.

Pittsburgh was a plaintiff in that lawsuit. So was WVU and Rutgers. It just happened to have been filed in CT. So you're saying that if the suit had been filed in PA Pitt would have been blackballed? Really?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If it's not attributable to broken personal relationships (and a certain law suit), then I just can't figure out why you guys have been so obviously left behind. Logic would dictate a far different result.

Did it ever occur to you that the conference you are joining is filled with as many shortsighted morons as the one you left?

Reaction Score
Did it ever occur to you that the conference you are joining is filled with as many shortsighted morons as the one you left?
I think this is the real truth.

In that oral history of the BE, Boeheim said that he knew the BE was dead after Gavitt and Tranghese were gone, because they were the only ones who could stop the presidents from making stupid decisions. That rings true.

Swofford seemed to be in control in 2003, but by 2011 it seems he lost the trust of some of the league, enough of it that he couldn't get Syracuse and UConn in, which he initially wanted, nor could he get UConn in over Louisville, which, considering how much he talked about academics and how little Aresco talked about UConn, he and others assumed was the logical choice.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have watched quite a bit of the week long wake that is the Big East Tournament. Despite all the reminiscing on ESPN, I have not heard a single mention of the 3 time national champion and 7 time Big East Tournament winner. The same team that has played several of the most memorable games in tournament history.

Must have just been an oversight.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
AND...UConn makes 30 million bucks as a martyr!!!! I think they are okay with that. And in a month, maybe a few months, they will have a new home where the sun is shining and...

they still have 30 million freakin' bucks!!!!!
Or so you would think..... That chunk of cash will not be handed out as a lump sum, but rather distributed over a "7 year period" , thus making it rather easy for Aresco&Co to hold it over our heads if we ever start looking for greener pastures.... we won't end up seeing a dime from the balance we haven't collected I bet.
-"Babcock said none of the schools will get a lump check from the departing schools but rather over a seven-year period."
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/katz-article-on-the-ole-big-east-going-forward.35782/

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Or so you would think..... That chunk of cash will not be handed out as a lump sum, but rather distributed over a "7 year period" , thus making it rather easy for Aresco&Co to hold it over our heads if we ever start looking for greener pastures.... we won't end up seeing a dime from the balance we haven't collected I bet.
-"Babcock said none of the schools will get a lump check from the departing schools but rather over a seven-year period."
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/katz-article-on-the-ole-big-east-going-forward.35782/

Gotten to the point you can't make it up.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I have watched quite a bit of the week long wake that is the Big East Tournament. Despite all the reminiscing on ESPN, I have not heard a single mention of the 3 time national champion and 7 time Big East Tournament winner. The same team that has played several of the most memorable games in tournament history.

Must have just been an oversight.

No your right, all I kept hearing is how Gtown and Cuse were/are the "pillars" of the Big East, with no mention of the only program to keep the damn league alive since 90's.... It's almost as if we never existed

Reaction Score
Out of sight, out of mind. Thats how the old saying goes. Im still kind of mad UConn couldnt play in this years BET. After looking at the bracket, im pretty sure we would have played Providence Wednesday instead of Cincy. Judging by the Friars terrible showing, im sure we would have won that which would have set up a rematch with Georgetown. If we get revenge on the Hoyas, its UConn-Syracuse in the semi-finals and all you hear and read about is the history between the two schools/last time playing one another/JC and JB/6OT etc. It all would have been interchangable, thats what im trying to get at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom