I am going all in on the conspiracy theory | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I am going all in on the conspiracy theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UConn9604

I will go all in on an answer to your post.

Is it possible that UConn has already been chosen to either the ACC or B1G but the league has not made the announcement because....wait...it is so obvious....
we are on probation and it would look extremely "hypocritical" for conference presidents to get on a podium and sing the praises of a school on probation? The silence and the neglect does not make sense unless the people at UConn know more than what they are saying in public. I think after the school athletic season ends something positive will happen.

I hope.

You just became my hope and savior. Well, your thoughts did, anyway.

Reaction Score
No doubt ESPN conspired to destroy the Big East, but not UConn specifically. UConn is simply the victim of collateral damage in all of this.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In a rare turn of events, I do believe that the APR nonsense was deliberately concocted and our appeal denied as a vendetta against Calhoun. I don't think the NCAA could forgive him for 2011 when we won a NC despite being down scholarships for Nate Miles and APR problems.

But I think ESPN would love to see UConn in a major conference.

I didn't think this was in dispute. It's clearly related to the unproven aspects of the Miles case.

I have no idea what ESPNs plan for UConn is. If they wanted UConn in the ACC they had at least three chances to make it happen by valuing UConn over Pitt, Cuse, BC, or Louisville. They didn't.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
You just became my hope and savior. Well, your thoughts did, anyway.

Much obliged. But I can do even better. You see there is more to the story. My antennae is getting a signal that it is the B1G we are joining.

Remember the talk about the B1G wanting to expand into the Northeast? After the ACC went after ND, they had to move quickly. They selected Maryland, Rutgers and UConn, but want it it a secret. ( The probation was a problem. Just go back and google some of Delany's comments about Rutgers and substitute UConn and see how awkward those statements would be with UConn on probation).

The ACC was stunned because of Maryland. They started to court UConn who initially was the favorite and talked about because the UConn-B1G connection was not known to them in the initial stages. Well, during the negotiations it had to come out that UConn was no longer an option for the ACC. The debate was no longer about UConn v Louisville, but Louisville alone, with Cinci also in consideration. Not sure if UConn actually came out and told the ACC about the B1G or they just implied it by being disinterested.

So there you have it, from the CR gods to you...

I leave you with this:

Reaction Score
I don't know if I buy a full blown conspiracy theory, but I do know that none of our former rivals in the big east, the c7, SU, RU, PITT, BC, want to see us on equal footing and that is due to the amount of success we've had in Men's and women's basketball and football. National titles in basketball, and BCS appearance in football do that to folks. They are all, for the most part enjoying our plight.

The ultimate you would be a men's national title run next year coupled with capturing the BCS bid as well this season.

Reaction Score
I will go all in on an answer to your post.

Is it possible that UConn has already been chosen to either the ACC or B1G but the league has not made the announcement because....wait...it is so obvious....
we are on probation and it would look extremely "hypocritical" for conference presidents to get on a podium and sing the praises of a school on probation? The silence and the neglect does not make sense unless the people at UConn know more than what they are saying in public. I think after the school athletic season ends something positive will happen.

I hope.

Because they don't have any current schools with serious violations on the front burner?

Reaction Score
The NCAA/BE brass has never really liked JC. A super successful coach who isn't the Izzo/Coach K choir boy type. They went super hard to get the Nate Miles thing and when they won 2011 title in spite of everything it finally set them over the edge. Beating the feel good story Butler. Sure, Duke beat them the year before, but they're Duke. Not that I really subscribe to this, but a decent number of people feel this way. Also, it's 1:30 and I can't sleep. Please ignore me.

Your making more sense. Please stay up later.

Reaction Score
If you really want to think conspiracy consider this; while ESPN is located in Connecticut, most of their decision makers graduated from Syracuse.
And the CEO is from UNC.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If you really want to think conspiracy consider this; while ESPN is located in Connecticut, most of their decision makers graduated from Syracuse.
We know that ESPN told the ACC to take UConn and Cuse based of Defilipos comments to the media. BC blocked us and they took Pitt instead. ESPN wanted us in ACC then and I'm sure they still do.

Reaction Score
Syracuse alumni would want reasons for Syracuse to come to Connecticut so they can see Syracuse play more often.

I think you underestimate the competitive aspect of this. Many of the teams in the ACC and former BE see us as a threat. We came too far too fast and started stealing their thunder. Cuse competes directly with us for recruits and needs an advantage to compete with us. Just like BC who saw the writing on the wall.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As far as ESPN..... I just can't think that they would go out of their way....to in any way harm the most important sports story in the state that they are based in. How do they benefit?

As far as the ACC or the B1G which in all reality are the only two conferences UConn should consider joining I can see a lot of animosity. In basketball we have pretty much beaten up both conferences in the last 20 years especially on the women's side of the ledger. They see UConn football as that sleeping giant that the basketball teams were in the late 80's and early 90's. That and a little jealousy knowing that if UConn football ever takes off like the basketball did the money and the recruiting would be more than most of them could keep up with. There is still a perception out there that everyone in CT is filthy rich and they have seen first hand how we can back a winner.

Even though by and large I don't believe in TV networks going out of their way to screw UConn I did notice one thing that was disturbing during the Georgetown game Wednesday night. I have a pretty sweet audio/video setup for watching sporting events at home and UConn- Georgetown for what might have been the last time they ever meet at Gample don't demand 5.1 surround sound but the Texas- Oklahoma game does?

Why do people constantly bring up women's basketball? It largely does not matter anywhere else in the country and where it does matter, its importance is dwarfed by mens basketball and football.

I mean no disrespect to the sport of women's basketball, but in terms of conference reallignment, it just does not move the needle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I do not think any of this was an accident. I don't think UConn being passed over for ACC membership by two has-been schools in has-been cities in Fall 2011 was an accident. I don't think UConn losing out to a commuter school in a hick state was an accident. I don't think a plan by Fox and ESPN to rescue every other Big East program but UConn, USF, and Cincinnati was an accident.

It is not a coincidence that while all of this is happening, UConn gets this inexplicable post-season suspension for something that no one had ever been suspended for before and which no one that matters will ever be suspended for again in the future.

If is not a coincidence that the C7 head for the door, leaving UConn in a virtual wasteland of a league, and not a single ex-BE school talks about scheduling the 3 time national champion in the future? Not only do all these schools want out as soon as possible, but they won't even help us with future scheduling.

This isn't just bad luck. I don't know who or why this is happening, but it is happening. There are few coincidences in life. When you are playing cards, and you think someone is cheating, they are definitely cheating. 3 data points on a trend line is incontravertible evidence. Someone, somewhere issued a fatwa against UConn, and they have the muscle to back it up.

I have no idea how UConn can fight back or even make peace, other than completely abdicating.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
WTF?? Seriously dude, get some help.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I doubt it's a full blown conspiracy... but expansion is driven by TV contracts... and look at what network just got every team they had in the Big East before it exploded for a fraction of the cost.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not that I would ever to want to agree with Nelson. But just for arguments sake.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkot...a-the-cities-that-are-going-gray-the-fastest/

We're not much better in ct though.

Yep, there are a lot of old people here. And yet Google moved in, Pittsburgh is ranked well ahead of any CT region in tech startups, we're getting an Ace Hotel (the #1 brand for hipsters) and, as the 2010 census (and the 2012 census survey) proved conclusively, Pittsburgh's median age is getting younger. Can't say that about CT.

I took Mr. Breen's journalism course way back when. Even he said, "don't believe everything you read".

But Syracuse still sucks.

Reaction Score
Because they don't have any current schools with serious violations on the front burner?

Ah faithless one, you are talking about Ohio St and Penn St? More the reason why not to introduce UConn at this point. The idea is to deflect from all the B1G problems not bring them into focus. Most of us here dismiss UConn's issues as minor and therefore irrelevant to the B1G decision, but that is because we are fans of the school. Go outside of the state and our fan base, and you will see how UConn's transgression is viewed. Not good.

Recall the events of the ACC's decision. By the time the vote on Louisville hit the news, articles were saying that UConn was not even being considered. The vote was not about UConn v Louisville. It was only about allowing Louisville in. There are only two possibilities here. Either we were flat out rejected or we told them we had other plans. When Aresco was talking about the new BE, at that time, he never mentioned UConn. There are two possibilities here also. Either we were flat out rejected by the BE or we told them we had other plans. See the pattern?

This is what my conspiracy gods are telling me, so don't go crazy on me. Really, all is well.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Go outside of the state and our fan base, and you will see how UConn's transgression is viewed. Not good.

99.99% of people outside of CT couldn't tell you what UCONN's "transgression" was.

Reaction Score
Can't even give us a hint as to who these gods are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Ah faithless one, you are talking about Ohio St and Penn St? More the reason why not to introduce UConn at this point. The idea is to deflect from all the B1G problems not bring them into focus. Most of us here dismiss UConn's issues as minor and therefore irrelevant to the B1G decision, but that is because we are fans of the school. Go outside of the state and our fan base, and you will see how UConn's transgression is viewed. Not good.

I wonder how they feel about fake classes? Doesn't seem to prevent UNC from being the apple of the B1G's eyes.

Reaction Score
Can't even give us a hint as to who these gods are?

Gods, Shamgods.

Before this thing gets out of hand: it is only an anti-conspiracy theory in the spirit of this thread and reflects my hope for it being true. Like all of you, my head is spinning and this is all I can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom