I am going all in on the conspiracy theory | The Boneyard

I am going all in on the conspiracy theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I do not think any of this was an accident. I don't think UConn being passed over for ACC membership by two has-been schools in has-been cities in Fall 2011 was an accident. I don't think UConn losing out to a commuter school in a hick state was an accident. I don't think a plan by Fox and ESPN to rescue every other Big East program but UConn, USF, and Cincinnati was an accident.

It is not a coincidence that while all of this is happening, UConn gets this inexplicable post-season suspension for something that no one had ever been suspended for before and which no one that matters will ever be suspended for again in the future.

If is not a coincidence that the C7 head for the door, leaving UConn in a virtual wasteland of a league, and not a single ex-BE school talks about scheduling the 3 time national champion in the future? Not only do all these schools want out as soon as possible, but they won't even help us with future scheduling.

This isn't just bad luck. I don't know who or why this is happening, but it is happening. There are few coincidences in life. When you are playing cards, and you think someone is cheating, they are definitely cheating. 3 data points on a trend line is incontravertible evidence. Someone, somewhere issued a fatwa against UConn, and they have the muscle to back it up.

I have no idea how UConn can fight back or even make peace, other than completely abdicating.

Reaction Score
I will go all in on an answer to your post.

Is it possible that UConn has already been chosen to either the ACC or B1G but the league has not made the announcement because....wait...it is so obvious....
we are on probation and it would look extremely "hypocritical" for conference presidents to get on a podium and sing the praises of a school on probation? The silence and the neglect does not make sense unless the people at UConn know more than what they are saying in public. I think after the school athletic season ends something positive will happen.

I hope.

Reaction Score
The nature of your posts + your Hanibal Lecter avatar truly frighten me.

don't be afraid, he's not going to eat your liver with fava beans, you just need a stronger avatar, give him some chuck norris

images

Reaction Score
it's the perfect storm and we're that little boat that couldn't get over that massive wave.

Reaction Score
A little minor thing that bothers me is how ESPN seems to not pick up our crowd noise...like at all. I was at the game last night and when Omar hit the three at the end of regulation the building was literally shaking. After seeing it on ESPN3 today you barely heard anything.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Waylon. How about a motive. Clearly you are a shut in who watches a lot of TV? You get the concept of a motive in these scenarios?

Reaction Score
Waylon. How about a motive. Clearly you are a shut in who watches a lot of TV? You get the concept of a motive in these scenarios?

who's waylon?

Reaction Score
A little minor thing that bothers me is how ESPN seems to not pick up our crowd noise...like at all. I was at the game last night and when Omar hit the three at the end of regulation the building was literally shaking. After seeing it on ESPN3 today you barely heard anything.
To be fair, the announcers were positive about the game and did mention the atmosphere.

Reaction Score
The NCAA/BE brass has never really liked JC. A super successful coach who isn't the Izzo/Coach K choir boy type. They went super hard to get the Nate Miles thing and when they won 2011 title in spite of everything it finally set them over the edge. Beating the feel good story Butler. Sure, Duke beat them the year before, but they're Duke. Not that I really subscribe to this, but a decent number of people feel this way. Also, it's 1:30 and I can't sleep. Please ignore me.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I have no idea how UConn can fight back or even make peace, other than completely abdicating.

I'd say ignoring your nonsensical crap is a good place to start.

Reaction Score
As far as ESPN..... I just can't think that they would go out of their way....to in any way harm the most important sports story in the state that they are based in. How do they benefit?

As far as the ACC or the B1G which in all reality are the only two conferences UConn should consider joining I can see a lot of animosity. In basketball we have pretty much beaten up both conferences in the last 20 years especially on the women's side of the ledger. They see UConn football as that sleeping giant that the basketball teams were in the late 80's and early 90's. That and a little jealousy knowing that if UConn football ever takes off like the basketball did the money and the recruiting would be more than most of them could keep up with. There is still a perception out there that everyone in CT is filthy rich and they have seen first hand how we can back a winner.

Even though by and large I don't believe in TV networks going out of their way to screw UConn I did notice one thing that was disturbing during the Georgetown game Wednesday night. I have a pretty sweet audio/video setup for watching sporting events at home and UConn- Georgetown for what might have been the last time they ever meet at Gample don't demand 5.1 surround sound but the Texas- Oklahoma game does?

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I do not think any of this was an accident. I don't think UConn being passed over for ACC membership by two has-been schools in has-been cities in Fall 2011 was an accident. I don't think UConn losing out to a commuter school in a hick state was an accident. I don't think a plan by Fox and ESPN to rescue every other Big East program but UConn, USF, and Cincinnati was an accident.

It is not a coincidence that while all of this is happening, UConn gets this inexplicable post-season suspension for something that no one had ever been suspended for before and which no one that matters will ever be suspended for again in the future.

If is not a coincidence that the C7 head for the door, leaving UConn in a virtual wasteland of a league, and not a single ex-BE school talks about scheduling the 3 time national champion in the future? Not only do all these schools want out as soon as possible, but they won't even help us with future scheduling.

This isn't just bad luck. I don't know who or why this is happening, but it is happening. There are few coincidences in life. When you are playing cards, and you think someone is cheating, they are definitely cheating. 3 data points on a trend line is incontravertible evidence. Someone, somewhere issued a fatwa against UConn, and they have the muscle to back it up.

Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1.jpeg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The NCAA/BE brass has never really liked JC. A super successful coach who isn't the Izzo/Coach K choir boy type. They went super hard to get the Nate Miles thing and when they won 2011 title in spite of everything it finally set them over the edge. Beating the feel good story Butler. Sure, Duke beat them the year before, but they're Duke. Not that I really subscribe to this, but a decent number of people feel this way. Also, it's 1:30 and I can't sleep. Please ignore me.

No sentient being could possibly believe that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As far as ESPN..... I just can't think that they would go out of their way....to in any way harm the most important sports story in the state that they are based in. How do they benefit?

As far as the ACC or the B1G which in all reality are the only two conferences UConn should consider joining I can see a lot of animosity. In basketball we have pretty much beaten up both conferences in the last 20 years especially on the women's side of the ledger. They see UConn football as that sleeping giant that the basketball teams were in the late 80's and early 90's. That and a little jealousy knowing that if UConn football ever takes off like the basketball did the money and the recruiting would be more than most of them could keep up with. There is still a perception out there that everyone in CT is filthy rich and they have seen first hand how we can back a winner.

Even though by and large I don't believe in TV networks going out of their way to screw UConn I did notice one thing that was disturbing during the Georgetown game Wednesday night. I have a pretty sweet audio/video setup for watching sporting events at home and UConn- Georgetown for what might have been the last time they ever meet at Gample don't demand 5.1 surround sound but the Texas- Oklahoma game does?

I am moving forward under the assumption you don't believe what you post because no one could possibly be this nuts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In a rare turn of events, I do believe that the APR nonsense was deliberately concocted and our appeal denied as a vendetta against Calhoun. I don't think the NCAA could forgive him for 2011 when we won a NC despite being down scholarships for Nate Miles and APR problems.

But I think ESPN would love to see UConn in a major conference.

Reaction Score
In a rare turn of events, I do believe that the APR nonsense was deliberately concocted and our appeal denied as a vendetta against Calhoun. I don't think the NCAA could forgive him for 2011 when we won a NC despite being down scholarships for Nate Miles and APR problems.

But I think ESPN would love to see UConn in a major conference.

If you really want to think conspiracy consider this; while ESPN is located in Connecticut, most of their decision makers graduated from Syracuse.

Reaction Score
If you really want to think conspiracy consider this; while ESPN is located in Connecticut, most of their decision makers graduated from Syracuse.
Syracuse alumni would want reasons for Syracuse to come to Connecticut so they can see Syracuse play more often.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Another example is the NCAA going apes*** over a player that never played a second at UConn while many of the major programs, for example Kentucky, are openly passing cash to players and no one cares. This is particularly important because UConn started last year as a preseason Top 5 team, but had to deal with huge off court distractions over a nobody that never played.

Don't focus on motive. Once you figure out what is happening, and the most likely perpetrators, motive is pretty easy. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes or who Herbst has pissed off. We do know that UConn is dealing with an unprecedented avalanche of bad news that is destroying the athletic program, and none of it seems warranted or seems to make sense.

Pittsburgh is not going to be a Top 30 market 20 years from now. It is an old city whose population is dying off. Outside of Detroit, no area of the country is shrinking faster than upstate New York. So why were Pitt and Syracuse picked without even serious consideration for UConn? Why was a commuter school from Hillbillyland picked over UConn? Every other league's expansion decisions have made sense except for those 3 schools over UConn.

I don't know why it is happening, but this many datapoints is absolutely a trend line.

Reaction Score
Chlorpromazine HCl, 100 mg., q.i.d., stat.

Not trying to make him better? Just knock him out? I like it. I think this one might be lost on everyone except you me and coach cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104