I already can't stand ECU and they've been in our midst for less than 24 hours | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I already can't stand ECU and they've been in our midst for less than 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Also didn't we lose Skip Holtz to ECU? There may be more here than originally thought

Reaction Score
Also didn't we lose Skip Holtz to ECU? There may be more here than originally thought

No he left to be on his father's staff at South Carolina. Got the ECU job after that.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
No he left to be on his father's staff at South Carolina. Got the ECU job after that.

CaliChic (Joyce?) would have been pissed if someone didn't correct those facts about her heartthrob, Skippy. No one better acknowledge he pretty much was kicked out the door in Columbia. ;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No. He went to South Carolina as a coordinator. Jimmy beat me to it.

Reaction Score
ECU probably has the second best tailgating scene in the AAC after ours. But honestly, they weren't always gangbusters in the CUSA. I don't automatically expect them to become Louisville automatically now that they have been elevated to the VERY BEST mid major conference in the land.

The Boneyard could probably put a hoop team together and beat ECU on the court.

Reaction Score
ECU is tough and play up in their scheduling with SC, NC State, UNC, Southern Miss and VT, etc. They will bring it. If we think we're P5 material, then we better be prepared. I think they are very beatable, and they tend to be an inconsistent bunch (i.e., beating BCS schools then struggling against mid-tiers). It will be interesting to see if they can consistently sustain against an (arguably) higher level of competition week in and week out.
One big difference between the so called P5 and everyone else is depth. When injuries happen they have equal replacements.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Gee, I don't know. Maybe it was when you posted a pic of ECU's stadium full or reminding us that we lost a meaningless game against Houston this year.

You were a little all too eager to play the antagonist here.

I posted two facts...if that makes you view me as an "antagonist"...so be it.

ECU has great attendance, a very nice facility, and a solid football program...and UConn did lose to Houston.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to crap all over your conference mates?

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
ECU probably has the second best tailgating scene in the AAC after ours. But honestly, they weren't always gangbusters in the CUSA. I don't automatically expect them to become Louisville automatically now that they have been elevated to the VERY BEST mid major conference in the land.

Under Lebo, ECU isn't the problem...Tulane and UCF are the steaming piles right now.

Reaction Score
Would you like to look up the recruiting rankings for Florida State, Alabama, Auburn and the other recent BCS champs and let me know how they look then?

This is the site that brought us the #uptick. So really it's just what people want to be true - if Diaco were getting highly rated recruits people would be creaming over them.

That's the point that you're missing. Very few of us want to be FSU, Bama or Auburn. With the way that college football is setup, winning a BCS championship is a pipe dream for us. Its just not possible. A realistic goal is to be Boise, TCU, Utah - pre Pac10, WVU - of the Big East, etc. That's who most of us understand we can actually be and Diaco is landing the types of kids that can get us to that level.

Reaction Score
We're actually going to a round 60k in the next 5 years. I'm sorry some UConn fans feel this way. I hope everyone will come down this fall. We will show you a good time.

Welcome to the American Conference. I'll be there. Thanks for the Southern hospitality!

Reaction Score
That's the point that you're missing. Very few of us want to be FSU, Bama or Auburn. With the way that college football is setup, winning a BCS championship is a pipe dream for us. Its just not possible. A realistic goal is to be Boise, TCU, Utah - pre Pac10, WVU - of the Big East, etc. That's who most of us understand we can actually be and Diaco is landing the types of kids that can get us to that level.
And once we get into a P5 conference, anything is possible. The one thing we cannot do is join the Big 12.

Reaction Score

Zoo - It's not the NCAA title or NIT but last year ECU won the College Insider Tournament. They are in basketball country and now that they are in the American, they will undoubtedly up their game. Don't see them as being chopped liver.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I'm not missing any point of view.

I'm pointing that some posters want data to be deemed completely useless because they don't like what it says. Who you are winning recruits from is not useless information.

Of course if it were good data many of the same posters would be jumping up and down about it. I don't really give much of a damn about recruiting information - but I don't adjust my narrative based on how UConn's data looks.

BTW I'm probably the last person who needs to be told what realistic expectations are since I've spent the last 5 years getting hammered by people who think Edsall didn't do a great job at Uconn.

Reaction Score
We're actually going to a round 60k in the next 5 years. I'm sorry some UConn fans feel this way. I hope everyone will come down this fall. We will show you a good time.

I'm going to try to make it down to the ECU game. Is there any good BBQ places nearby? I hear NC has some good BBQ

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'm going to try to make it down to the ECU game. Is there any good BBQ places nearby? I hear NC has some good BBQ

B's in Greenville is considered if not the best definitely one of the top places in the state of North Carolina for barbeque

Reaction Score
B's in Greenville is considered if not the best definitely one of the top places in the state of North Carolina for barbeque

Well if I can make it down there, guess I'll be planning a day around B's. Thanks! I appreciate it!

Reaction Score

Asking if there are good BBQ joints near campuses in NC is like asking if there are any lobster roll stands in Maine.

Reaction Score
They were given the go to planning an 8k expansion of their current 50k stadium.

Last year including Louisville 52,914 and Rutgers, 46,549 and without Navy 35,588 ECU 43,985, Tulsa 19,893, and Tulane 19,747 the American averaged 33,712.

UCF 42,084
USF 34,702
CINCY 31,771
UCONN 30,932
Memphis 28,537
Houston, 24,256
Temple 22,473
SMU 18,725

ECU is the current leader in the club house and by adding another 10K they should lead the American in attendance. I expect that all the teams in the American will increase as it is for sure them leader in the best of the rest or non Power 5.

Reaction Score
Zoo - It's not the NCAA title or NIT but last year ECU won the College Insider Tournament. They are in basketball country and now that they are in the American, they will undoubtedly up their game. Don't see them as being chopped liver.

Isn't that the tournament that you buy your way into?

Reaction Score
Last year including Louisville 52,914 and Rutgers, 46,549 and without Navy 35,588 ECU 43,985, Tulsa 19,893, and Tulane 19,747 the American averaged 33,712.

UCF 42,084
USF 34,702
CINCY 31,771
UCONN 30,932
Memphis 28,537
Houston, 24,256
Temple 22,473
SMU 18,725

ECU is the current leader in the club house and by adding another 10K they should lead the American in attendance. I expect that all the teams in the American will increase as it is for sure them leader in the best of the rest or non Power 5.
I must admit, ECU will school all of us in how to be football fans.

Reaction Score
Asking if there are good BBQ joints near campuses in NC is like asking if there are any lobster roll stands in Maine.

True, but not all BBQ places are created equal. I'm just looking for some recommendations from people that go to ECU games or have been to the area.

Reaction Score

Good BBQ is a very relative term. North Carolina BBQ is very different than most of the country. Personally I am not a big fan of that Style of BBQ. Much prefer the Texas Style, Memphis or Kansas City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom