I already can't stand ECU and they've been in our midst for less than 24 hours | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I already can't stand ECU and they've been in our midst for less than 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Butch said:
lol @ bragging about finishing ranked 9th once. What a sad world.
You think that playing a one off with Alabama would cripple the program because we would be embarrassed back to 1-AA. Lol @ that. That is even sadder. Many BYers would give up a nut to be 9th once.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
You think that playing a one off with Alabama would cripple the program because we would be embarrassed back to 1-AA. Lol @ that. That is even sadder. Many BYers would give up a nut to be 9th once.

Spot on. What jar should I put my nut in?

Reaction Score
Yup. This thread has gone about the way that I thought it would.

I, for one, am hoping that ECU is every bit as good as I think they are and more. We'll need as many strong friends as we can muster. For those of you who think it's okay to demoralize our new league mates, remember one thing; the weaker they are, the weaker we are. It's as simple as that...

Agreed. This thread is so stupid. I can't think of anything more pathetic than acting like an on twitter and than running back here looking for validation for being a jerk. We all want to be in another league someday but to act like a classless to the fans of schools who have done absolutely nothing wrong to us is pathetic. I am actually really pleased and proud that the OP didn't get a single like in the 8 hours since he started the post. Hope ECU fans realize the OP doesn't speak for us all.

And yeah, I've watched ECU football games. I've seen them kick the crap out of UNC and NC State the last couple years.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not sure why any UCONN fan is stating ECU will beat UCONN this upcoming season. We have no idea what will happen nor should any of us state UCONN will lose this game. Every game is winnable, especially in July.

Go Huskies!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure why any UCONN fan is stating ECU will beat UCONN this upcoming season. We have no idea what will happen nor should any of us state UCONN will lose this game. Every game is winnable, especially in July.

Go Huskies!

Maybe because July has been the only time games have been winnable for the last 3 years?

Reaction Score
In what way have I diminished UConn? I've shown you guys nothing but respect in my time here...I simply have healthy respect for ECU's football program.

lets not forget Memphis, UConn, and ECU are conference brothers now.

Gee, I don't know. Maybe it was when you posted a pic of ECU's stadium full or reminding us that we lost a meaningless game against Houston this year.

You were a little all too eager to play the antagonist here.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I would rather be in a football conference with ECU over about 8 other schools in this league. They have a fan base and a pulse, which is more than you can say about quite a few P5 teams.

Reaction Score
UofMemphis said:
we were too busy giving UL a few boots in the ass on the way out...we'll have many, many, years to worry about UConn.

Let's hope not.

Reaction Score
Some of you guys in the Boneyard have to realize that your pompous, snotty attitude is one(1, probably not the most important one but defienitely one) of the reasons why the ACC didn't want UConn and it's elitists fans in their conference. Like it or not, and I'm a born and bred nutmegger, there are way too many peeps in CT looking down their nose at the rest of the world and the rest of the world doesn't like it. So when they can get a chance to stick it to Connecticut they will and they have, thus our exclusion from the Big 5 conferences, the controversial handling and punishment of the men's basketball program in recent years by the NCAA and the constant slights about UConn by the sports media outside of the state. So keep taking your cheap shots at ECU and Memphis and Tulane, Tulsa, BC, Cuse, Temple.. the list goes on and on. See how fast it gets you into the ACC or the B1G. The old saying... you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar, some of you guys should take that to heart. This state needs to take that to heart.

This is just so dumb it makes Nelson's independence idea seem brilliant.

I'm looking down my nose at this post.

Reaction Score
Well, you can give up a nut. I won't. I never said I would be against a one off on neutral ground.

Reaction Score
Butch said:
Well, you can give up a nut. I won't. I never said I would be against a one off on neutral ground.

I won't give up a nut for anything. But I'm not going to make fun of a better football program and call them sad. Not sure what that makes us.

Reaction Score
I won't give up a nut for anything. But I'm not going to make fun of a better football program and call them sad. Not sure what that makes us.
Relax, man. I know they have a better program. I am not one who is into bragging or talking trash. Do you think I read the essay battles people have here? Almost all of my posts are short. But if you really want to talk trash, win a championship in something.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In football they aren't our equal, they are ahead of us. As an athletic program, we dwarf them, however.

Don't buy into the hype spewed by the few dozen ECU fans who've bombarded every big east school's board since the first ACC raid. They haven't accomplished close to what they have claimed and their attendance, while better than ours at the moment has been behind ours more often than not since the Rent opened.

Reaction Score
It absolutely was. But they aren't our equal and no matter if we share a conference or not, I will not treat them like one.

I was just unaware that ECU was God's gift to college football.

I'm sure not being treated as an equal on Twitter by MattMang23 will keep them up at night.

When I read your exchange I conclude that you're kinda a dck.

Reaction Score
So the obvious disconnect isn't because that is UConn's current position - that's the reality.

Except when Calhoun was winning without those top guys. Then it wasn't.

Also not true. Every National Championship team has had McDonald's, Jordan or Adidas All Americans. Calhoun's first title team had two McDonald's AA's with Khaled and Rip.

He may have won games without elite rated players but he didn't win national titles.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Also not true. Every National Championship team has had McDonald's, Jordan or Adidas All Americans. Calhoun's first title team had two McDonald's AA's with Khaled and Rip.

He may have won games without elite rated players but he didn't win national titles.

Would you like to look up the recruiting rankings for Florida State, Alabama, Auburn and the other recent BCS champs and let me know how they look then?

This is the site that brought us the #uptick. So really it's just what people want to be true - if Diaco were getting highly rated recruits people would be creaming over them.

Reaction Score
We can be very good with 2/3 stars. We can't be great without a few 4/5 stars that play up to their hype.

Reaction Score
With the TV exposure they are about to get, their home field advantage and their recent success in their own backyard, you can look for ECU to be at the top of the AAC year in and year out.

ECU is a good program but I don't expect them to dominate this league. In spite of all the abuse it has received the AAC is a good football league and ECU's schedule is about to get much tougher. Temple basketball pretty much owned the A10 and right now they look like a bottom feeder in this league.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ECU is tough and play up in their scheduling with SC, NC State, UNC, Southern Miss and VT, etc. They will bring it. If we think we're P5 material, then we better be prepared. I think they are very beatable, and they tend to be an inconsistent bunch (i.e., beating BCS schools then struggling against mid-tiers). It will be interesting to see if they can consistently sustain against an (arguably) higher level of competition week in and week out.

Reaction Score
ECU is a good program but I don't expect them to dominate this league. In spite of all the abuse it has received the AAC is a good football league and ECU's schedule is about to get much tougher. Temple basketball pretty much owned the A10 and right now they look like a bottom feeder in this league.

I agree they won't dominate, but if they make any kind of incremental jump in talent, due to league and exposure, I expect them to be in the top 3 most years.

Reaction Score
I'm not an elitist. I didn't mind when the Big East picked up Louisville and Cincy. They deserved to play with the big boys. ECU, not so much...

So they draw a crowd for football. Wonderful. Still a crappy school with crappy athletics, outside of football, which still isn't great, just not bad.

If drawing people is the measuring stick of athletic success then the Cleveland Indians were the best baseball team on the planet for about a dozen years, and the Cubs are going to win the World Series this year.

Matt - ECU is part of the NorthCarolina State School system. Other than it not
being in the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area, I don't see a lot of difference between NC and NC State. Size wise they are all about the same. In terms of USA today Top public Universities they are ranked #101, NCS #47 and NC is #5They beat both NC and NC State in football last year. UCONN of course is ranked #20. FYI Louisville is ranked # 161 and WVA #170. Don't get why ECU is getting kicked around so much. We just got a respected football program in the American Conference with some enthusiastic fans. Maybe the state of CT can learn from them.

I am going to the game in Greenville and am looking forward to the game day experience. I too will learn to hate ECU however.

In terms of size NC State has around 41,000 students and both NC and ESC around 31,000 ea.

Interesting info on ECU-NCState rivalry
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Carolina–NC_State_rivalry

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would rather be in a football conference with ECU over about 8 other schools in this league. They have a fan base and a pulse, which is more than you can say about quite a few P5 teams.
They were given the go to planning an 8k expansion of their current 50k stadium.

Reaction Score
Sort of like how football recruiting rankings are rubbish but getting highly ranked basketball recruits is a huge deal?
Much easier to rank basketball recruits than football. With AAU ball and tournaments it's easier to see how players stack up against top flight competition. That's usually not the case with football. In football I think coaches have to do more of their own evaluating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ry7

Top Bottom