I admit it... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I admit it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My issue with this is that it shouldn't be a surprise win. UConn at home vs. Temple should always be a win. Sad to see that the rent has become an easy place to win. We used to OWN the rent!

Temple has built a respectable program under Matt Rahul's leadership.
Saying Temple should always be a win might have been true in the old Big East days but not in recent years. Go ask Penn State and Notre Dame how tough an out Temple is.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
lose to BC in the freezing cold.

I really can't argue with anything else in your post. At the end of the day, it is entertainment, but why keep perpetuating the weather myth?

Historic average temps for November 19 in greater Boston is 50/37. At the moment, Accuweather has it at 49/32 with a shower or two, but there is no Earthy way to predict with any certainty what the true weather will be like over two weeks out. Actual temps are supposed to eclipse today's historic average by 13 degrees.

Reaction Score
Temple has built a respectable program under Matt Rahul's leadership.
Saying Temple should always be a win might have been true in the old Big East days but not in recent years. Go ask Penn State and Notre Dame how tough an out Temple is.

Agreed. Remember in 2010 what a "disgrace" it was to lose to a MAC team like Temple by 2 TDs? People started calling for Edsall's head after that one. Man, how times have changed.

Reaction Score
I should follow up with a very true statement:
The friends the wife and I have made this year at the tailgate has just made it impossible to skip out. I'd be there even in pounding sleet.
Heck...I felt guilty for cancelling my ECU trip the week of....(slightly guilty)..for like 3 minutes of game time. Then I went to the fridge and felt better.
Same here...we met some great folks next to us at the Maine game and have coordinated with them for food/drink/supplies every time since...drive in together and have become fast friends in a short while. One of the things that keeps us coming back...

Reaction Score
Agreed. Remember in 2010 what a "disgrace" it was to lose to a MAC team like Temple by 2 TDs? People started calling for Edsall's head after that one. Man, how times have changed.

Matt Rhule, sometimes my big fingers get in the way.

Reaction Score

The American conference top to bottom is pretty solid. Very underestimated. This P5 nonsense is out of control.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Normal Tailgate group is between 5-7. We will have 13 tomorrow (Albeit on the strength of our tailgating skills, not necessarily the game.).

Reaction Score
Missed this the other day. Mike can be over the top w/ positivity at times and you can't shame people into going but the message seems true.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That game was a disgrace, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak