I admit it... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I admit it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'll be going with my usual crew but all hope is gone at this point and apathy is a good description of how we all are feeling. I've written a very lengthy email to Dave Benedict to express just how hopeless this is and how badly we need him to fix this. It's no fun and hasn't been for awhile but hopefully we can salvage some pride in the remaining games. This feels similar to when we were destroyed by Buffalo before PP was fired.

How are you not having fun? These young men love one another, respect one another so much!

Reaction Score
How are you not having fun? These young men love one another, respect one another so much!
But Bob knows he's baked some fish cake. Since he's fish oil.

Reaction Score
Going with our group...looking forward to a long tailgate

Can't say how long I'll stay if it gets ugly...

Sense I won't be fighting traffic when I leave

Reaction Score
I am out Friday night. Tix will go into the rubbish. Do not see any redeeming value in freezing my butt off to watch the sorry mess.

On the other hand, if it is tied at the half ... I might just jump in the car and go in.

Reaction Score
Let's keep in mind they are still bowl eligible and you never know what can happen at the Rent when we are home.
Go support the players, don't think of it as supporting Diaco if that helps you get off the fence.

Reaction Score
Mehh. The offseason is way too long. If I can get to as many of the 6 or 7 home games/year they play then I'll be there. Still love football regardless if our coach knows how to destroy all hope of playing it competently or not.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
if you have tickets and aren't using them and want to donate them to others who will send me a DM and I will find them a home.
Paging @RSTuthill

Reaction Score
I am out Friday night. Tix will go into the rubbish. Do not see any redeeming value in freezing my butt off to watch the sorry mess.

On the other hand, if it is tied at the half ... I might just jump in the car and go in.
Sweet Lotus. I'm jealous.

Reaction Score
if you have tickets and aren't using them and want to donate them to others who will send me a DM and I will find them a home.

Yeah I can't imagine just throwing them away. I have friends who will be attending who will use my tickets.

Reaction Score
Yeah I can't imagine just throwing them away. I have friends who will be attending who will use my tickets.
If UConn actually gives Temple a game, I want the option to change my mind. Stranger things have happened.

And you know, it COULD happen. Diaco sounded desperate in the Courant this morning and implied the play calling could change and that we might see a new QB. I'll believe the latter when I see it. But I think I see the hand of DB finally moving into action behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
I'm not going Friday either. Can't get out of work until 6 at the earliest in the City, so there is no way I'll get there in time. I did give my tickets to people who will definitely be attending though, so not completely going to waste. Just hope I can get home before the first quarter is finished, I don't want to miss seeing UConn racking up all those 1Q points we are so accustomed to.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Posted 3 tix + gray Lot pass on the ticket exchange.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Temple game is my last home game at Rentschler of the year. I'm going up to Boston on the 19th and I think it will be a pseudo home game.

I won't be able to get to the Tulane game unless they move it to primetime, because I'll be driving back from the Thanksgiving holiday in Pittsburgh. Even then, it would be stretch. Be that as it may, two things I can't imagine is 1) TV moving the Tulane game to 7:00 and 2) navigating any airport over the busiest air travel weekend of the year with a 10 1/2 month old, a 4 year old, and all the gear that goes with them.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
That's the way I feel Al. See you at the tailgate.
I should follow up with a very true statement:
The friends the wife and I have made this year at the tailgate has just made it impossible to skip out. I'd be there even in pounding sleet.
Heck...I felt guilty for cancelling my ECU trip the week of....(slightly guilty)..for like 3 minutes of game time. Then I went to the fridge and felt better.

Reaction Score
... I'm considering skipping the game Friday.

I'm visiting my sister in NJ this weekend and was gonna head down very early Saturday morning, but at this point, sticking it out for a Friday night game in cold November weather to watch the UConn Football Dumpster Fire continue to burn down so Temple can celebrate another AAC East title is... yeah.

I'm stuck between my loyalty and my self-preservation saying, "How many hours of this garbage do you have to watch before you say enough is enough"?

(Note: I'm gonna go to the Tulane game either way and I'm sure I'll renew my tickets, just to be clear that I'm not giving up on the program long-term.)

I'm going. My tailgate moves to Hooters in Manchester Friday and if they didn't make the change at Offensive Coordinator I may have said no. Walking out of Dowdy Fickle stadium last week, I felt like this guy!

Reaction Score
On Friday night, I shall be going to the UConn women's soccer American Athletic Conference semi-final.

Reaction Score
@Irish Loop Go to the game, Loop. I'll buy you a Two Roads.

Ha, I appreciate it, but I typically stop drinking during game-time so I can actually drive my car home.

However I already gave my tix away and committed to driving down to NJ to visit my sis, I'll be watching the game from the warmth of a bar like the fair-weather fan I literally am.

I'll be back for Tulane. I do like the OC change, just to do SOMEthing. But I imagine we'll still get smoked.

Reaction Score
I will be there for the players if for no one else. I hope for a good game and a win. The surprise win of the year comes Friday evening folks.

My issue with this is that it shouldn't be a surprise win. UConn at home vs. Temple should always be a win. Sad to see that the rent has become an easy place to win. We used to OWN the rent!

Reaction Score
The Temple game is my last home game at Rentschler of the year. I'm going up to Boston on the 19th and I think it will be a pseudo home game.

I won't be able to get to the Tulane game unless they move it to primetime, because I'll be driving back from the Thanksgiving holiday in Pittsburgh. Even then, it would be stretch. Be that as it may, two things I can't imagine is 1) TV moving the Tulane game to 7:00 and 2) navigating any airport over the busiest air travel weekend of the year with a 10 1/2 month old, a 4 year old, and all the gear that goes with them.

Glad I did not plan a BC trip. Thought for sure that we would be good this year and that I would be going, but after the first few games I decided that we might not be good and I would definitely not be attending a game if they were not going to be bowl eligible. Lose Friday and I don't see any point in driving to Chestnut Hill and watching the dogs lose to BC in the freezing cold.

Hoping to win out but I have no excitement in this program at all anymore. Really upsetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom