I admit it... | The Boneyard

I admit it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... I'm considering skipping the game Friday.

I'm visiting my sister in NJ this weekend and was gonna head down very early Saturday morning, but at this point, sticking it out for a Friday night game in cold November weather to watch the UConn Football Dumpster Fire continue to burn down so Temple can celebrate another AAC East title is... yeah.

I'm stuck between my loyalty and my self-preservation saying, "How many hours of this garbage do you have to watch before you say enough is enough"?

(Note: I'm gonna go to the Tulane game either way and I'm sure I'll renew my tickets, just to be clear that I'm not giving up on the program long-term.)

Reaction Score
I'll be there as we are bringing my son and a friend. I have the tickets, I'll continue to show up.

However, I didn't watch a minute of Saturday's game and didn't care that I was missing it . . .

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I sat through last year's embarrassment in Philly, where the fans completely lived up to their reputation, and had been looking forward to getting some payback against Temple since then. After the ECU game, I'm seriously considering attending my cousin's high school football game this Friday instead.

Reaction Score
Not using my ST and going to UConn Hockey game @ UMass instead

I already count as a "ticket distributed" so I might as well be cold inside and watch a more entertaining conference hockey game

I was at both Norte Dame vs UConn hockey games this past weekend and some Irish fans were asking me how I felt about diaco and they even heard about the trophy debacle in their circles in south bend. I just laughed and we talked about his bend, don't break D and his clock mannagement issues all season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll decide later in the week. it's killing me to feel so apathetic.

Reaction Score
Our tailgate went from 15-50 to 0. Yes, 0. I don't think anyone is going. I might because I am stupid... But not one word from anyone yet.

Reaction Score
Dad and I on the fence. Probably won't go if cold due to his age

Reaction Score
I'm out...originally I was going to blow off a event honoring the Drum Major for the FDNY Emerald Society Pipes & Drums (I am a member of the band as well) to go to the game. After that debacle Saturday I couldn't in my right mind blow off something important to go to the game Friday night.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm on the fence. Friday nights are usually pretty quiet for me, so I may just go and leave early if we're tanking. I may take a week off because I have tix to the BC game and have to go to that one.

Reaction Score
I will go and tailgate. However, I won't hesitate to leave at half time. I usually stay to the end, but I'm sick of Diaco and his fake rah rah BS

Reaction Score
Debating on going bc I do have tickets, but as someone else mentioned since I already paid and it's a sunken cost at this point in my mind I may just skip it and save on concessions and parking and gas as well save a half day vacation from work (I'm 90 min away). It's sad, but at some point, even as an alumn/fan you have to draw the line for yourself when it comes to the other costs besides a ticket.

Reaction Score
It's a big game vs. a long-time rival on a Friday night on TV. If we pull it off the last two games are very winnable and the season is (somewhat) salvaged.

I'll be there.

Reaction Score
It's a big game vs. a long-time rival on a Friday night on TV. If we pull it off the last two games are very winnable and the season is (somewhat) salvaged.

I'll be there.
Long time rival? Do you think the civil ConnFLict is also a treasured rivalry?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I was offered free tix and my wife gave me the green light to go to the game with a buddy. So I'll be gladly leaving her home with my 2 and 4 year old while I attend the game. I don't care how miserable of a game it might be, it's the first time since either kid was born that I was given the go ahead to go out. I'm not turning that down. Not even Diaco's dumpster fire can damper that opportunity! Will be my first game I'll be attending in two seasons too so I'm a tiny bit excited....I know that excitement will be crushed 5 min into the game or so!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I work til 5:30 in lower Fairfield County. No way I can make it to a 7pm game on a Friday.
Obviously if I was very excited about the team, I would've taken the day off like I have in the past. ... I did buy a 30-pack today for my living room rant

Reaction Score
I'll be going with my usual crew but all hope is gone at this point and apathy is a good description of how we all are feeling. I've written a very lengthy email to Dave Benedict to express just how hopeless this is and how badly we need him to fix this. It's no fun and hasn't been for awhile but hopefully we can salvage some pride in the remaining games. This feels similar to when we were destroyed by Buffalo before PP was fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom