I admire this team | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I admire this team

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
There are parts of this team that I admire and parts that have been extremely frustrating.

I agree 100%... I think this is definitely a case where the whole is less than the sum of it's parts. They're just not a good team...

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if you've finished "wasting your energy".

I've seen you throw in adjectives in your posts that are intended to insult. Maybe you didn't apply it as frequently as @mauconnfan but certainly more frequently than many other people who post in this forum. And to be fair to both of you regarding this behavior I haven't been completely above reproach.

From my perspective (I acknowledge I have limited info) I actually think the two of you are cut from the same cloth. Both of you are highly driven, intelligent, successful, passionate individuals who work in the business world. And you both share a passion for the UConn men's bb team.

In a different world if this were a successful season and the two of you came across one another for the first time in a bar the two of you probably would have gotten along really well, offering to buy each other drinks while reminiscing about your experiences with regards to the program.

But your first encounter was over a really bad season. When bad things happen people tend to react in a much more diversified and charged manner than when things are going well. The two of you crossed swords over how to factor in the parameters about this season and as a result you went to war over how people should react and how we should demonstrate this reaction regarding this season.

From my perspective the disagreement over the issue (the season) exposed some underlying flaws. Both of you took things personally. You about the season, mau about your take on the season. And then a vicious cycle kicked in because both of you share a second flaw and that is both of you are driven. The drive and determination that makes the two of you successful in business works against both of you when you bump heads with other people. Now you both are probably the rule and not the exception in this forum. So I figured even if you can't get something from the effort I took in writing this post maybe one of the other people reading it might gain some benefit.

I guess this is in regards to a reply from one of my "buddies", but I don't know what it is as they are ignored. I am sure yukon is still blabbing and I doubt we are cut from the same cloth. I actually am very careful who I drink with so while your intent is applauded here fleudy I am thinking it's all for naught, at least with us I am sure. But nice try and thank you for the effort put forth. Probably overly passionate on my end (not probably LOL) and the name calling was stupid, I even apologize for that. But some have continued on and I have moved on. While I have offered why I am taking this year off for criticism, these types of individuals just keep digging inon the subject with every chance they get, to the point of being just ridiculous. They aren't like me sorry, if people have a clue I am more than respectful to that and that's not the case with a chosen few. CHB and I discussed our disagreement like respectful fans I just doubt this could happen with some. One never knows though, people like you try to keep the lines of communication open and I like that.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if you've finished "wasting your energy".

I've seen you throw in adjectives in your posts that are intended to insult. Maybe you didn't apply it as frequently as @mauconnfan but certainly more frequently than many other people who post in this forum. And to be fair to both of you regarding this behavior I haven't been completely above reproach.

From my perspective (I acknowledge I have limited info) I actually think the two of you are cut from the same cloth. Both of you are highly driven, intelligent, successful, passionate individuals who work in the business world. And you both share a passion for the UConn men's bb team.

In a different world if this were a successful season and the two of you came across one another for the first time in a bar the two of you probably would have gotten along really well, offering to buy each other drinks while reminiscing about your experiences with regards to the program.

But your first encounter was over a really bad season. When bad things happen people tend to react in a much more diversified and charged manner than when things are going well. The two of you crossed swords over how to factor in the parameters about this season and as a result you went to war over how people should react and how we should demonstrate this reaction regarding this season.

From my perspective the disagreement over the issue (the season) exposed some underlying flaws. Both of you took things personally. You about the season, mau about your take on the season. And then a vicious cycle kicked in because both of you share a second flaw and that is both of you are driven. The drive and determination that makes the two of you successful in business works against both of you when you bump heads with other people. Now you both are probably the rule and not the exception in this forum. So I figured even if you can't get something from the effort I took in writing this post maybe one of the other people reading it might gain some benefit.

I've never gone in on anyone here that didn't go in on me first. I know that's very sophomoric but I suppose it is what it is. I also understand that coming here and complaining about how bad things are isn't going to be popular with the natives. That also is what it is. But I got to a point where I'm sick of the results the past several years and I'm sick of the people here making all kinds of excuses for them. In the "real world" if you don't produce you don't really get to make excuses for your performance. If you're a lawyer who doesn't win any cases, a salesmen that can't make sales, or a coach that can't win games. Now if you have a guaranteed salary that pays millions I suppose you do get to make excuses for performance, however that only lasts until it's time for a new contract. Ultimately if you get to the very top of your profession you need to justify being there on a continual basis with results. There's always someone else that thinks / knows they can do it better and will gladly take your place if you fail to produce. Now I can't do much about the losing except complain and stop donating / getting season tickets, but I wouldn't do that, and I need the tax write off. We are Uconn and in reading all of these posts a lot of you don't realize that. We are a top 4 program in the 30+ years of the tournament era right up there with Duke, UNC and KY. We shouldn't have to put up with below expectations and mediocrity. I know that sounds spoiled, but Jim Calhoun spoiled us. He built that legacy and I'm sure he'd like it to continue. We pay our staff comenserste with the other top Blue Bloods of the world... why shouldn't we expect the same results. Hell I'd be happy with just making the tournament every year. I understsnd the limitations of being in this conference. But there are only 2 "good" teams in this conference. We should be able to finish top 3 on a yearly basis. Not finish 6 - 9 every season. That is pathetic. I've had accounts on here for long stretches in the past. Several of them were gone when I tried to log into them, and another one I couldn't associate the email to the account to retrieve the password so i had to start a new one. I'm not as some of you say a "noob" here. I was here years back when this was associated with the recruiting site... scout / rivals? So yea... while it may come off as "complaining" there's not much else I can do. I'm not happy with the results the past few years and I think irreparable damage will be caused if we continue having seasons like this. I understand there were mitigating circumstances this year with regards to injuries so that's why I'm willing to wait and see what happens next season. If we're still middling around in this mid major conference next year I truly hope we make a change. I don't want us to become UNLV or Georgetown because that's where we're headed.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We are Uconn and in reading all of these posts a lot of you don't realize that. We are a top 4 program in the 30+ years of the tournament era right up there with Duke, UNC and KY. We shouldn't have to put up with below expectations and mediocrity.

You and the other crazies failing to re-calibrate your expectations after losing the best GD coach of all time and being booted from the best GD conference of all time into CUSA 2.0 is your own fault.

Reaction Score
You and the other crazies failing to re-calibrate your expectations after losing the best GD coach of all time and being booted from the best GD conference of all time into CUSA 2.0 is your own fault.

Me Stair?:confused:

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Me Stair?:confused:

Nah, Yukon-tool. I feel bad picking on someone who's so clearly a middle school student, but one can only take so much self-righteous crap. "The fan base cannot lower their expectations or it will kill the program!" These guys' ego's must be gigantic to think that their expectations have any sway over the fate of the team.

Reaction Score

And once again if you read my post... I did "recalibrate my expectations". I guess it just didn't sink into your thick skull. I said "id just be happy making the tournament every year." It cool... maybe reading comprehension wasn't your thing.

Reaction Score
I've never gone in on anyone here that didn't go in on me first. I know that's very sophomoric but I suppose it is what it is. I also understand that coming here and complaining about how bad things are isn't going to be popular with the natives. That also is what it is. But I got to a point where I'm sick of the results the past several years and I'm sick of the people here making all kinds of excuses for them. In the "real world" if you don't produce you don't really get to make excuses for your performance. If you're a lawyer who doesn't win any cases, a salesmen that can't make sales, or a coach that can't win games. Now if you have a guaranteed salary that pays millions I suppose you do get to make excuses for performance, however that only lasts until it's time for a new contract. Ultimately if you get to the very top of your profession you need to justify being there on a continual basis with results. There's always someone else that thinks / knows they can do it better and will gladly take your place if you fail to produce. Now I can't do much about the losing except complain and stop donating / getting season tickets, but I wouldn't do that, and I need the tax write off. We are Uconn and in reading all of these posts a lot of you don't realize that. We are a top 4 program in the 30+ years of the tournament era right up there with Duke, UNC and KY. We shouldn't have to put up with below expectations and mediocrity. I know that sounds spoiled, but Jim Calhoun spoiled us. He built that legacy and I'm sure he'd like it to continue. We pay our staff comenserste with the other top Blue Bloods of the world... why shouldn't we expect the same results. Hell I'd be happy with just making the tournament every year. I understsnd the limitations of being in this conference. But there are only 2 "good" teams in this conference. We should be able to finish top 3 on a yearly basis. Not finish 6 - 9 every season. That is pathetic. I've had accounts on here for long stretches in the past. Several of them were gone when I tried to log into them, and another one I couldn't associate the email to the account to retrieve the password so i had to start a new one. I'm not as some of you say a "noob" here. I was here years back when this was associated with the recruiting site... scout / rivals? So yea... while it may come off as "complaining" there's not much else I can do. I'm not happy with the results the past few years and I think irreparable damage will be caused if we continue having seasons like this. I understand there were mitigating circumstances this year with regards to injuries so that's why I'm willing to wait and see what happens next season. If we're still middling around in this mid major conference next year I truly hope we make a change. I don't want us to become UNLV or Georgetown because that's where we're headed.

Even if your posts weren't uniformly terrible no one is going to read that crap unless you hit the "Enter" key a couple times and mix in some paragraph breaks.

By the way, "comenserste" is an absolutely savage attempt at spelling commensurate.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
And once again if you read my post... I did "recalibrate my expectations". I guess it just didn't sink into your thick skull. I said "id just be happy making the tournament every year." It cool... maybe reading comprehension wasn't your thing.

Except no, you wouldn't. No matter what the outcome would be, it wouldn't have been good enough. People have been calling for Ollie to be fired since February of 2015 - a couple of posters wanted him jettisoned mid-season 10 months removed from winning a national championship. The man wins a title in his second year on the job, and it's "he won it with Calhoun's players," "Calhoun was doing all of the coaching and scouting undercover, Ollie was just a figurehead," etc. And then we have people talking about in the Top 10 all year, rattling off 30-4 regular seasons and beating UK for recruits.

Don't forget that before '11, there were people trying to run Calhoun off. I can only imagine what the mood was like on the 1990s incarnation of the Boneyard before he made that first Final 4. This is a frontrunning fanbase that never appreciates how lucky it has been.

Reaction Score
Nah, Yukon-tool. I feel bad picking on someone who's so clearly a middle school student, but one can only take so much self-righteous crap. "The fan base cannot lower their expectations or it will kill the program!" These guys' ego's must be gigantic to think that their expectations have any sway over the fate of the team.

And yet another bag that doesn't read the entire post and just takes bits and pieces and forms their own conclusions. Why
Even if your posts weren't uniformly terrible no one is going to read that crap unless you hit the "Enter" key a couple times and mix in some paragraph breaks.

By the way, "comenserste" is an absolutely savage attempt at spelling commensurate.

Ever hear of auto correct bag?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And yet another bag that doesn't read the entire post and just takes bits and pieces and forms their own conclusions. Why

Ever hear of auto correct bag?
like I said you are what you hate.

Reaction Score
Except no, you wouldn't. No matter what the outcome would be, it wouldn't have been good enough. People have been calling for Ollie to be fired since February of 2015 - a couple of posters wanted him jettisoned mid-season 10 months removed from winning a national championship. The man wins a title in his second year on the job, and it's "he won it with Calhoun's players," "Calhoun was doing all of the coaching and scouting undercover, Ollie was just a figurehead," etc. And then we have people talking about in the Top 10 all year, rattling off 30-4 regular seasons and beating UK for recruits.

Don't forget that before '11, there were people trying to run Calhoun off. I can only imagine what the mood was like on the 1990s incarnation of the Boneyard before he made that first Final 4. This is a frontrunning fanbase that never appreciates how lucky it has been.

Cool... glad to know you know what I think. I'll just ignore you and the other apologists that's cool.

At least if you're going to quote something from the post, quote something that I actually said. Not something that you made up in your dim-witted feeble mind.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Oh sorry it's blocked so I did not see the reply to which you reacted to. I have to get used to this, thanks!

Reaction Score
I have heard of it. Is your point you had it turned off?

Why are you even here? I clearly wasn't responding to you? Another reading comprehension wizard.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I was intrigued by the fact that you have an auto correct that auto corrects things to a different combination of letters that also isn't a word. That's amazing!

And yep autocorrect changes to all sorts of thing depending on the combination of letters that are inputed. Ill keep that in mind next time I'm writing a post waiting for the 4-5.

Reaction Score
That's your take away? 1 misspelled word in that giant post. talk about trying to start . You're the guy yesterday that couldn't provide any facts to back up ur opinion. FYI... "I said so" isn't a valid point bro. I thought I told you to go back to your hole?
Yes, that's my take away. I didn't actually waste my time reading your giant block of text so I have no take away from that.

FYI you can edit posts for 15 min so you don't have to reply to the same post 2x.

Reaction Score
Yes, that's my take away. I didn't actually waste my time reading your giant block of text so I have no take away from that.

FYI you can edit posts for 15 min so you don't have to reply to the same post 2x.

Of course you didn't. Because you have nothing tangible to say. I've seen ur posts. Literally NOTHING. You just go in on other people. How does that work out for you in life? You get very far with that approach?

Reaction Score
Of course you didn't. Because you have nothing tangible to say. I've seen ur posts. Literally NOTHING. You just go in on other people. How does that work out for you in life? You get very far with that approach?
I don't really interact with many people in real life that have no critical thinking ability, so I generally have a different approach.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day of calling people bags about auto correct to chat with me though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom