I’ve never seen cramps like that | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I’ve never seen cramps like that

Reaction Score
Hurley hasn't exactly been reliable with his injury reports. Hope it is just cramps but I'll be on pins and needles until we hear something tomorrow
Yeah and that’s what made me raise an eyebrow at first to the immediate “drama queen” dismissal of the question. I can totally see it being cramps... but just another weird addressing of an injury

Reaction Score
Between his elbow and the covid breaks, how many consecutive days of normal practice and conditioning has he had.

I remember watching the end of a cross country race and the girl in the lead looked like she was shot within 50 feet of the finish. She hopped two or three times and went down. She had cramps in both legs and it looked like she had softballs under her skin 3 or 4 inches below the back of her knees.

Reaction Score
Pres going dead limp and making the security guys drag him up the stairs is laugh out loud funny hahaha
Lol yes, I lose it every time. When James went limp that’s all I could picture

Reaction Score
Sounds like Potassium issue

Looked like what is described in the attached where Bouknight's cramps came after most of 1st half. Pickle juice and bananas have good amount of potassium.

From WebMD:

"The two most common nutrients found in pickle juice are sodium and potassium.
Muscle Cramp Relief

One study conducted with 10 participants showed a more significant reduction in the duration of muscle cramps after drinking pickle juice versus deionized water.

And that old advice about eating bananas for leg cramps? It’s true. The potassium helps."

Reaction Score
Sounds like Potassium issue

Looked like what is described in the attached where Bouknight's cramps came after most of 1st half. Pickle juice and bananas have good amount of potassium.

From WebMD:

"The two most common nutrients found in pickle juice are sodium and potassium.
Muscle Cramp Relief

One study conducted with 10 participants showed a more significant reduction in the duration of muscle cramps after drinking pickle juice versus deionized water.

And that old advice about eating bananas for leg cramps? It’s true. The potassium helps."
Interesting. I’m going to ask my PT friends about this

Reaction Score
AJ Price, Jeff Adrien, Hasheem Thabeet, Kemba Walker, Jerome Dyson, Craig Austrie, Stanley Robinson, Gavin Edwards, Donnell Beverly, Scottie Haralson, Charles Okwandu, etc.

6 OT game vs. Syracuse.

3 hours and 46 minutes.

dehydration.

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
AJ Price, Jeff Adrien, Hasheem Thabeet, Kemba Walker, Jerome Dyson, Craig Austrie, Stanley Robinson, Gavin Edwards, Donnell Beverly, Scottie Haralson, Charles Okwandu, etc.

6 OT game vs. Syracuse.

3 hours and 46 minutes.

dehydration.

Yes, those who are fortunate to be less familiar with this genius

This is actually how their mind operates

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Imagine thinking kolombo is a real poster and not just someone’s troll sock account. Too stupid to be an actual functioning adult.

Reaction Score
He was kidding....
he also called Bouknight a crash test dummy.
maybe we should suspend Hurley ?
It’s odd and atypical for a coach to address an injury question like that. You won’t convince anyone otherwise. “He was cramping up pretty bad but he will be fine” would suffice.

Reaction Score
Someone needs a drink or needs to stop drinking immediately over on the Rivals forum

People go on that?

Reaction Score
People go on that?
Without being too particular, a few of us have a particular interest in the sudden influx of new accounts sporting recent/current handles here, and are gleaning many luls from the content that has followed; the linked thread being one example

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
It’s odd and atypical for a coach to address an injury question like that. You won’t convince anyone otherwise. “He was cramping up pretty bad but he will be fine” would suffice.
Whatever dude. Go hide in your basement if everything offends you. I don’t care if you are offended.

Reaction Score
I was very fortunate to never experience cramps like this in my life while playing competitive sports (granted it was never d1), so I don’t know a lot about them, besides that I know they happen to many athletes. But this is one of the most severe ones I can recall seeing, where his legs were basically paralyzed. Terrifying really. Does anyone know, can he recover and be normal by tomorrow? And also, is this a reoccurring thing without proper rest and hydration? I’m worried if he does play, that the same thing will happen tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
I'm going to open myself up to some criticism and play amateur psychologist. I don't think Bouk is handling all his new found press very well.

Either he can't sleep and he's not hydrating properly, too anxious, stresses a bit if he doesn't absolutely dominate the game and live up to the hype.... something along those lines.

I don't doubt he had some significant cramps, but root cause may be stress related. Puff, puff, pass may be appropriate

Last edited:
Reaction Score

6 OT game vs. Syracuse.

3 hours and 46 minutes.

dehydration.

@Deepster nominee here...no liquids on game day.

Reaction Score
They'd better make sure Bouk eats 4 bananas and chugs 10 gatorades to replenish the potassium and electrolytes.

Totally possible they carried him like that to avoid his muscles fully cramping into an injury. Ever woke up in the middle of the night with a charley horse in your calf? If you don't handle that right you'll have an injured calf for a couple days.

Reaction Score
The fact that JB is getting hydrated via IVs should show you how dehydrated he actually was. Fast twitch uber athletes like Bouk really need to self-monitor their own hydration levels to optimize their body's capabilities while performing. Have to feed the engine.

The expectations he has of himself from a sports performance and emotional perspective can also take a toll on dehydration. James D. will get this figured out. Hydrated athletes are usually the guys who are sweating a lot but Bouk --despite his athletic output--(By my eye)has historically never been one of them. Adama/IW/RJ are some examples of guys who are properly hydrating.

Unrelated to JB but related to dehydration--It can be a significant contributor to mortality at older ages and should be taken seriously over the course of one's life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom