I’d start Clingan over Jackson … | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I’d start Clingan over Jackson …

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I understand where the OP is coming from. In that we have been driven to a mindset where coming up with ANY different iteration of the starting lineup might be the change we need. Lineup shift is only a small piece of what may make this team play like we want them to though. And for the record jax is the only guy that I would not take any minutes from.

We need lineup shifts for sure, but we need them in-game . I don't mind our starting lineup. Don't think it needs any tinkering. But you get 4-5 minutes to see how we are being defended and what is working and what's not and then respond as a coach accordingly. That could include leaving them in for 5 more minutes.

Reaction Score
It would be nothing like starting 2 QBs. In all reality minus the back to the basket game Sanogo is a 4. It may not be the way to start the game but if the game is like it was against Xavier and
Clingen and Sanogo play the same position. Starting them together would be like starting to quarterbacks.
That is the same as saying starting newton, Jackson, Hawkins is like starting 3 QBs. That is silly. I think AS and DC will struggle a bit to figure out how to play with each at the same time. I believe AS has the ability to adapt his game and be a beast as a 4 with DC on the floor over time. But we will never know if we don’t try it. And I’m not so sure why anyone who is a basketball fan wouldn’t want to see it. If it doesn’t work then fine but it blows my mind that people would rather sit either AS or DC for more newton, Allene, diarra time? I’m good with 2 guards at a time with this team.

Reaction Score
If I was coach, I would start Clingan and have Jackson come off the bench. I like Jackson, but I think he is best when he pairs with Diarra and they full court press. So I would start DC, AS, TN, AK, JH and start game with a slow grinding offense and crash boards. Then I would bring in Jackson and Diarra, pretty early and switch to full court press as a change of pace.

I think all that energy that Jackson brings might be better as an explosion off the bench. I realize he deserves to start, but think they’re better with him off the bench. I would still play him starters minutes but try to make sure his time lines up with Diarra’s time.

Attachments

• 1673625368732.gif
    1673625368732.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 54

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
i think with clingan's long legs you could just give him the ball at the top of the three point line and he should be able to take a couple steps (since he's so tall he can just step over people with no worry of running into them) and dunk it at the rim with no issue at all.
michael jordan dunk GIF

Reaction Score
It would be nothing like starting 2 QBs. In all reality minus the back to the basket game Sanogo is a 4. It may not be the way to start the game but if the game is like it was against Xavier and 2nd half versus Marquette then it's certainly an idea. Well for some.
....other than Sanogo's entire offensive game he's a 4, you're saying? The only way in which Sanogo resembles a 4 is size. His offensive game , his lack of lateral mobility on defense, his inability to guard on the perimeter all say he's a 5.

Reaction Score
If I was coach, I would start Clingan and have Jackson come off the bench. I like Jackson, but I think he is best when he pairs with Diarra and they full court press. So I would start DC, AS, TN, AK, JH and start game with a slow grinding offense and crash boards. Then I would bring in Jackson and Diarra, pretty early and switch to full court press as a change of pace.

I think all that energy that Jackson brings might be better as an explosion off the bench. I realize he deserves to start, but think they’re better with him off the bench. I would still play him starters minutes but try to make sure his time lines up with Diarra’s time.

Don't love starting both bigs, but I didn't hate it earlier in the year when Andre would come off the bench and bring a tremendous infusion of energy 5 minutes into the game. I'd still want Andre out there for 30 minutes overall, but I wouldn't have a problem with starting Alleyne in a Tyler Olander 2011 tourney sort of way.

Of course, the first half hasn't really been the problem.

Reaction Score
Just play and make plays then go play defense and rebound, it’s what you do best. Style points don’t count.

He's averaging 5.1 assists and 2.1 TOs per game in the big east, and 4.9/1.7 for the season. Style points may not count, but he's a hell of a passer and doing it with style too. This is a silly take.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Starting lineup does not matter. Minutes played at the end of the games matter. Olander on the 2011 team was the "starter" at the 5 for the far majority of the games and averaged less than 10 mpg.

Reaction Score
He's averaging 5.1 assists and 2.1 TOs per game in the big east, and 4.9/1.7 for the season. Style points may not count, but he's a hell of a passer and doing it with style too. This is a silly take.

He got bailed out 2x the other night trying to be cute and numerous other times all year. Yes he is very good but he'd have 6 and 1 if he just passed it. He's damn good but how many alley oops can you get deflected because he throws them from the waist? Again I like the kid, but he could calm it down and be even better. Not at all a bad take, just the truth. Heck he's so talented and athletic he's run down some of his own bad passes to assure of no turnover LOL. The kid is good, just play and please go to the hole like the other night without passing being first on your mind. Go with the intent to FINISH because he can.

Reaction Score
OP suggestion would be a train wreck.. Jackson is irreplaceable based on the way our roster is constructed

Reaction Score
....other than Sanogo's entire offensive game he's a 4, you're saying? The only way in which Sanogo resembles a 4 is size. His offensive game , his lack of lateral mobility on defense, his inability to guard on the perimeter all say he's a 5.
Is that where he will be at the next level if he sees it at all? He's a 4 yes because of size and his quickness isn't awful, his reactions are though. You are right he plays like a 5 I agree and that hurts seeing that duo more no doubt.

Reaction Score
He got bailed out 2x the other night trying to be cute and numerous other times all year. Yes he is very good but he'd have 6 and 1 if he just passed it. He's damn good but how many alley oops can you get deflected because he throws them from the waist?

The results speak for themselves. He's averaging 5 assists and under 2 TOs. Whether you like it or not, he's an elite passer. I don't care if he looks cute or like the hunchback of Notre Dame if he manages to pass the ball at an elite level.

You're complaining about the passing of the most efficient passer we've had in years. It's silly.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Wow this is an amazing suggestion. Why not start DC an AS together. Jackson and Hawkins can start as the guards and we play a low post game. DC is a good enough passer to kick out when the double comes and we can have Hawkins and Karaban on the wings setting up for the kick out three. Look the line up rotations are not working right now so switch them up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom