I’d probably cancel the Hurley presser | The Boneyard

I’d probably cancel the Hurley presser

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

If Ollie was in trouble there is no way he’d leave the decision to Wilson.

Now he knows that Wilson will play so maybe he wants to put ownership for the decision on the kid and it’s not reflection of his needs - but I don’t think so.

You can probably shut down the blue ribbon committees working on a replacement and start hoping they close strong to get some momentum.

At the very least let’s get in the NIT and give ourselves a reason to party in the city. You can pretend it’s the mid-80’s and you haven’t popped your NIT cherry.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The Wilson thing could be an AD decision for all we know.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't follow. Did you just get back from happy hour?

Portugese wakes are not Irish. I wish.

The people working under the assumption that Ollie is gone have not wrapped their heads around how bad things are financially for the athletic department.

If Ollie felt he was at risk he’d pull out every stop like burning Wilson’s year.

I’m no insider but read Diaco being in trouble. I read the opposite here - Ollie is coming back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think you are reading way too much into this tweet.

It’s not just the tweet, it’s just gave me a starting point for the thread.

Reaction Score

The people working under the assumption that Ollie is gone have not wrapped their heads around how bad things are financially for the athletic department.

If Ollie felt he was at risk he’d pull out every stop like burning Wilson’s year.

I’m no insider but read Diaco being in trouble. I read the opposite here - Ollie is coming back.
uh I think you're just misreading the tweet

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
uh I think you're just misreading the tweet

You are assuming that I’m not considering things other than the tweet.

Reaction Score

I’m no insider but read Diaco being in trouble. I read the opposite here - Ollie is back and not even really at risk.

You can't really believe that based on one tweet involving one player's eligibility. That is a huge reach.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score

I have no idea how you can assume that from that tweet.. He's absolutely not coming back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have no idea how you can assume that from that tweet.. He's absolutely not coming back.

I’m not sure why even after I keep saying I’m using more than a single datapoint people keep posting this?

Oh well.

I’m on the record - I think he’s coming back.

If I’m wrong it will make a good signature for ‘Phil’ and you guys can all hammer at me.

Don’t see how anyone could say absolutely. If they win the AAC tourney they fire him?

Crazier stuff happens. The Jags were drive from winning an AFC championship on road against Tom Brady.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think there is very, very little chance Ollie gets fired this year.

I also think ‘leaving it up to’ whatever kid is involved in whatever situation is something of an Ollie-ism. Alterique’s injury was up to Alterique, etc.

There’s zero reason to burn a season of eligibility now if Wilson somehow magically become eligible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There’s zero reason to burn a season of eligibility now if Wilson somehow magically become eligible.

He makes them better and what are the chances he uses the year on the back end?

I’m super-conservative with eligiblity on the football side - the percentage of good players in basketball who exhaust their eligibility after four years in the same place is so low - who cares.

Reaction Score
I recommend the unions at UCONN file a grievance if the school swallow the 10 mil for Ollie and spend another 15 mil for a new hire. There is no money at UCONN. The athletics department is a sink hole now. The state legislature and more importantly; Susan knows that. Kevin is coming back

Reaction Score
I recommend the unions at UCONN file a grievance if the school swallow the 10 mil for Ollie and spend another 15 mil for a new hire. There is no money at UCONN. The athletics department is a sink hole now. The state legislature and more importantly; Susan knows that. Kevin is coming back

if it weren't for basketball we'd be a crappy regional university still. money to right the ship shouldn't be an issue. I don't get your obsession with Ollie. are you a personal friend or something?

Reaction Score
Guy fighting his employer for 4 figure bonus thinks 8 figures isn’t an issue.

10 million dollars is an issue everywhere.
i didn't say it won't be an issue. i said it shouldn't be. finance it if you have to. the opportunity window is closing. we don't want to be completely mediocre or flat out bad at our flagship sport if conference realignment kicks off again

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i didn't say it won't be an issue. i said it shouldn't be. finance it if you have to. the opportunity window is closing. we don't want to be completely mediocre or flat out bad at our flagship sport if conference realignment kicks off again

Conference realignment is dead. Dead iddillly dead.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
FWIW, not putting much stock in this, but I heard from a very well connected HS b-ball coach (in terms of knowing college coaches and communicating them regularly) and he said that he had recently heard that Ollie is “serious trouble”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom