Huskyhawk get in here >>>> | The Boneyard

Huskyhawk get in here >>>>

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk I give you hell all the time, but you know it's in good fun. You are high on the list of yarders Id like to toss a beer back with. I think you are a good guy and an obvious New Englander (I won't hold Mass against you here) But since we are off season, let's open up this can of worms.

UConn vs. Kansas at Phog.

Who are you rooting for? This is a serious question. Answer honestly.

I'm a multiple school guy too, but NYU and ECSU don't play D1, and we will never confuse California St Northridge with ever getting a tourney bid.

It's time to get your stand on paper here so we can anticipate the December matchup. No more Desperado out riding fences here.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk I give you hell all the time, but you know it's in good fun. You are high on the list of yarders Id like to toss a beer back with. I think you are a good guy and an obvious New Englander (I won't hold Mass against you here) But since we are off season, let's open up this can of worms.

I'm a multiple school guy too, but NYU and ECSU don't play D1, and we will never confuse California St Northridge with ever getting a tourney bid.

It's time to get your stand on paper here so we can anticipate the December matchup. No more Desperado out riding fences here.
My dad worked at the Hartford (transferred there from KC office when I was 5). He started taking me to weeknight UConn games (the HIG had tickets at HCC) when I was in HS. Corny, Mike McKay, Vern Giscombe, all those guys. I grew up in Manchester, less than 30 minutes from Storrs. Then I went to UConn from 84-88, sat in the lower student section for the first season at Gampel with an appropriated student sticker and first game vs St. Johns.

I mention this to dispel any doubt. I was a UConn fan long before I was a student there. I was a student for the beginning of Calhoun, Gampel and for the NIT win. I wore UConn gear with my KU law friends when we got clobbered at Kemper as #2. So while I absolutely took advantage of and enjoyed the Jayhawks for my 3 years in Lawrence (Law school across the street from AFH), I bleed blue and white, not blue and crimson. Who among you would say "no, I'm not going to go to AFH and watch KU vs Mizzou and Anthony Peeler". It's an incredible atmosphere and like us, they love college hoops.

I will be rooting for UConn, as I would have this year without the Arkansas game, and as I always will.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
My dad worked at the Hartford (transferred there from KC office when I was 5). He started taking me to weeknight UConn games (the HIG had tickets at HCC) when I was in HS. Corny, Mike McKay, Vern Giscombe, all those guys. I grew up in Manchester, less than 30 minutes from Storrs. Then I went to UConn from 84-88, sat in the lower student section for the first season at Gampel with an appropriated student sticker and first game vs St. Johns.

I mention this to dispel any doubt. I was a UConn fan long before I was a student there. I was a student for the beginning of Calhoun, Gampel and for the NIT win. I wore UConn gear with my KU law friends when we got clobbered at Kemper as #2. So while I absolutely took advantage of and enjoyed the Jayhawks for my 3 years in Lawrence (Law school across the street from AFH), I bleed blue and white, not blue and crimson. Who among you would say "no, I'm not going to go to AFH and watch KU vs Mizzou and Anthony Peeler". It's an incredible atmosphere and like us, they love college hoops.

I will be rooting for UConn, as I would have this year without the Arkansas game, and as I always will.
Right answer

Reaction Score

That place is a bucket list so I’ll be there on Dec 1!!
Hopefully TNewt is back and we can get bury them…

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Well Done Reaction GIF

Reaction Score

I mean... Seeing Anthony Peeler at AFH is pretty bad@**

Reaction Score

Fine, we're still keeping you around.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
We only had to worry about this once with @HawkHusky. He’s a a St joes fan
I do confess that as a college basketball fan, I didn't plan this and feel rather blessed by my choices of educational institutions. It's a pretty nice situation to be in. I've been waiting to see UConn at AFH for a long time, and had promised some people I'd get back there if it happened. Hope you can make it, I'll buy the beers.

Reaction Score
So.. Were you happy Timberlake went to Kansas?? Or bummed he didn't go to UConn?? What a conundrum for you! LOL

Have a niece goin' to Kansas gettin' some tix..

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So.. Were you happy Timberlake went to Kansas?? Or bummed he didn't go to UConn?? What a conundrum for you! LOL

Have a niece goin' to Kansas gettin' some tix..
I hoped he choose UConn and if not that he'd pick KU over UNC. That said, I was concerned about his defense. We've been in almost no recruiting battles with Kansas that I can recall.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Dunno Hawk I too went to multiple schools. UConn Yale NYU then taught at Rutgers for 20 years. I will say if NYU is unfortunate enough to play UConn I would have to root for them

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

A-Dub after reading this:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Dunno Hawk I too went to multiple schools. UConn Yale NYU then taught at Rutgers for 20 years. I will say if NYU is unfortunate enough to play UConn I would have to root for them

I went to a D1 school undergrad and if they were unfortunate enough to play UConn I would have to root for them . . . to lose by a thousand points.

Reaction Score

Ok you can stay

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Disperse, everyone.

Keep the torches and pitchforks close, though. We never know when we’ll need them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Animated GIF

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I do confess that as a college basketball fan, I didn't plan this and feel rather blessed by my choices of educational institutions. It's a pretty nice situation to be in. I've been waiting to see UConn at AFH for a long time, and had promised some people I'd get back there if it happened. Hope you can make it, I'll buy the beers.
Just wondering. Why Kansas for law school? I went from CT to central Illinois for undergrad. When people ask me why my only response is that I was extremely high at all times during that part of my life.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Just wondering. Why Kansas for law school? I went from CT to central Illinois for undergrad. When people ask me why my only response is that I was extremely high at all times during that part of my life.
The part where my Dad transferred from KC to Hartford? I was born in the KS suburbs of KC (Johnson County). Fifth generation from KS. Back to this guy in 1859. Uncles, aunts and cousins went to KU (Grandparents and some others to K-State). But oddly enough, a friend from UConn planted the idea of law school generally. He decided to apply to Kansas Law only because he knew me. He graduated just before I started and loved it there (I took two years off).

So, striking out, going away from home, but to a place that was comfortable in some ways (I'd never been to Lawrence). Great decision. No regrets.

Hope several of you get to go to the game and check it out. Lawrence was founded by New Englanders, abolitionists, including John Brown. The New England Emigrant Aid Company specifically. Massachusetts Street is the "main street" for a reason. The campus sits on "Mt. Oread" (it's a hill) named after the Oread Institute in Worcester, MA. The place has a fascinating history. Jayhawkers are part of that.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

NYU has a Helms trophy though!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The part where my Dad transferred from KC to Hartford? I was born in the KS suburbs of KC (Johnson County). Fifth generation from KS. Back to this guy in 1859. Uncles, aunts and cousins went to KU (Grandparents and some others to K-State). But oddly enough, a friend from UConn planted the idea of law school generally. He decided to apply to Kansas Law only because he knew me. He graduated just before I started and loved it there (I took two years off).

So, striking out, going away from home, but to a place that was comfortable in some ways (I'd never been to Lawrence). Great decision. No regrets.

Hope several of you get to go to the game and check it out. Lawrence was founded by New Englanders, abolitionists, including John Brown. The New England Emigrant Aid Company specifically. Massachusetts Street is the "main street" for a reason. The campus sits on "Mt. Oread" (it's a hill) named after the Oread Institute in Worcester, MA. The place has a fascinating history. Jayhawkers are part of that.
Very cool. I would definitely like to attend a game at the Phog. I thought Bill Self would win a title with Fighting Illini. He certainly has done well in Lawrence. Lots of suburban Chicago kids used to attend there. Not as much now. They're heading to Boulder now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom