Husky Run | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Husky Run

Reaction Score
The pic on IG of Adams and Carleton, Carleton looks like he slimmed down a lot from the mixtapes that were posted here over the summer. Been putting in work.

Reaction Score
There times are not 6 min miles. 22:09 is like 715 or so. I could've won that thing at age 32 but 5k and recovery running of up and down the court are two way different animals.
Yeah, I didn't see the times yet. Just remember D-Ham and Brimah ran it in something like 20 minutes a few years ago it was 3.4 miles. Still fast - props on your speed too.

Reaction Score
There times are not 6 min miles. 22:09 is like 715 or so. I could've won that thing at age 32 but 5k and recovery running of up and down the court are two way different animals.

if they were actually trying they are definitely conditioned enough to run a sub 20 minute 5k...maybe not the big guys but everyone else

Reaction Score
Yeah, I didn't see the times yet. Just remember D-Ham and Brimah ran it in something like 20 minutes a few years ago it was 3.4 miles. Still fast - props on your speed too.

The times would make more sense if it was 3.4 miles. We also don't really know how hilly the route is - I'm assuming this is being run across campus and not on a track.

Last year I made fun of people that were concerned about the times, but then they came out and lost to Wagner and Northesatern, got absolutely boatraced out of the gate by faster OSU and Oregon teams, and struggled all year with the kind of mistakes that are generally associated with fatigue. Yeah they had seven players, but Adams looked out of shape all year, especially at the beginning. I also question what kind of shape Durham and Enoch were in. I don't know whether it was on the strength and conditioning coach or players just not being motivated, but you get the sense that conditioning was a problem last year and it's hard to envision Russ Smith or Peyton Siva running the 5k in 26 minutes or whatever the hell Jalen put in.

Reaction Score
Amore's article actually says 3.1 but the previous run articles say 3.4 when I checked the times of the past.
KO used to do that foul shot fatigue practice method that kept our FT% so high, by forcing them to shoot at the end of a practice.
I would kill to run 3mi in 26 - just picked up running again.

Reaction Score
The historicals - complete with the Wilson 'tail'.

upload_2017-9-28_13-59-8.png

Reaction Score
eeee...Is that slow for a 5k for bball players? Or is this a normal time for bigger bball players? I was doing sub 18 in late HS and early UNI. Just wondering.

Reaction Score
I don't think this means anything with regard to their conditioning. If they were out of shape but pushing it, I can't see many of them not being able to run under 22 minutes (around the time of my first High school XC race - when I hadn't done base mileage training). So - I say with confidence that all of the guards could run at least that - they just are treating it as a fun run.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When they put the baskets five kilometers apart, this race will mean something.

Until then, it’s just a weird little tradition.

Reaction Score
Have you seen soccer matches though? They have total mileage run over the course of the match. Some players make it to double digits, meaning 10km+. I am sure some players, who play 30+ minutes must be running a total of at least 3 to 4 km in the span of a game. In fact I would BET it is at least 3.5km. So in that sense, no the baskets do not need to be 5km apart....but I understand scott's point about them treating it as a fun run, sure. I like the tradition.

Reaction Score
Look for Polley and Wilson to be first to puke during practice number 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom