Husky fever - it's spreading | The Boneyard

Husky fever - it's spreading

Reaction Score
So I live in Waterbury Vt and after the game I go the gas station and as I am pumping there is a guy in the island next to me wearing a UConn hat, I yell over "how about them Huskies" and he responds with "oh yeah". Turns out he watched the game as well and was pretty darn excited. This is 250 miles away from Storrs and 15 minutes after the game. I know Dan Hurley loves the fans but he has not seen anything yet. Man I wish I could go to the conference tournament, we would dominate the place.

Reaction Score
Was he in his mid to late 60's? Someone I know lives in Waterbury, went to UConn and is a huge UConn fan.

Reaction Score
So I live in Waterbury Vt and after the game I go the gas station and as I am pumping there is a guy in the island next to me wearing a UConn hat, I yell over "how about them Huskies" and he responds with "oh yeah". Turns out he watched the game as well and was pretty darn excited. This is 250 miles away from Storrs and 15 minutes after the game. I know Dan Hurley loves the fans but he has not seen anything yet. Man I wish I could go to the conference tournament, we would dominate the place.

I'm also in Waterbury VT at the moment, but I am not that other guy haha.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he was in his late 60's he would be a women's basketball fan.

It's crazy, I had an elderly patient the other day come in decked out in UConn gear. I was fitting him for diabetic shoes and I said something like, man that Dan Hurley is building a monster in Storrs, and he defiantly and proudly boasted "I watch the women JUST THE WOMEN."

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If he was in his late 60's he would be a women's basketball fan.
1583022054728.gif

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You must be real fun at parties
Like it was a good joke, comedians don't get heckled, I'd do that at a party, or go to a party where something like that is funny or fun.

Otherwise, ya got me.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
2010 grad was the guy at the pump. I am 64 and would love to meet your friend. And just to let everyone to know I am not a women's fan.
Misogynist. Nothing to be that proud of. And my 9 year old granddaughter dominated her game today with 6 of her team’s 9 points. Athletic competition at its finest. All UConn all the time.

Reaction Score
It's crazy, I had an elderly patient the other day come in decked out in UConn gear. I was fitting him for diabetic shoes and I said something like, man that Dan Hurley is building a monster in Storrs, and he defiantly and proudly boasted "I watch the women JUST THE WOMEN."

Who the heck are just women's fans? I watch women's games when they are playing opponents that present a challenge but watching endless noncompetitive blowouts is strange in my opinion. So the old guy does not like dunking the ball?

Reaction Score
Who the heck are just women's fans? I watch women's games when they are playing opponents that present a challenge but watching endless noncompetitive blowouts is strange in my opinion. So the old guy does not like dunking the ball?
hes just a casual fan

Reaction Score
When one loves UConn, it is easy to watch those games with satisfaction and no "agita".

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Men are by far and away the team my wife and I most enjoy watching. But we’ve been fans of the women’s team since 1994.

I don’t feel threatened or jealous by their success and the national recognition they have. As a UConn alum I’m proud to hear people from other regions express their interest in the team. It’s great PR for the university. A great example was Kobe.

Not threatened by age jokes. This old geaser loved Palatine’s joke. And yes there are fans of the women’s team who don’t watch the men’s game who try to save face by dissing the men’s type of play. It’s just as weak as the men’s fans who diss the women’s game because they hate the attention it gets.

Reaction Score
Misogynist. Nothing to be that proud of. And my 9 year old granddaughter dominated her game today with 6 of her team’s 9 points. Athletic competition at its finest. All UConn all the time.
I respect what they have accomplished but I got sick of 60 point wins and the fans complaining about calls when they are up 60. And contrary to popular belief I don't think their fundamentals are very good.

Reaction Score
I am a "mens fan" but watch the women also. Not many these past years as the AAC for them is ridiculously bad so usually tourney time. But there are certainly many "womens fans" who have no respect for the mens team that's for sure.

It is what it is. Not a big deal either way no one has to be both.

Reaction Score
I am a "mens fan" but watch the women also. Not many these past years as the AAC for them is ridiculously bad so usually tourney time. But there are certainly many "womens fans" who have no respect for the mens team that's for sure.

It is what it is. Not a big deal either way no one has to be both.
When I lived in CT., the impression I got was many of the women's fans I came across were old men who were strictly women's fans and didn't really support the men's team or watch basketball outside of the UConn women. I remember during one of the undefeated women's team historic runs and a year where the men's team was down I got a really bad taste in my mouth from many of the women's fans I encountered...

I stopped going to my barber because he would talk about how the women's team would beat the men's team and that the men's team was a bunch of criminal (insert racist name here.) One night I heard a bar full of old guys talk about how the men didn't know how to play the game and the women could beat them, this conversation was also tinged with racism.

I''m sure this is a fairly small element of the fanbase but it sadly was an element.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom