Huskies of Honor | The Boneyard

Huskies of Honor

Reaction Score
With the banner hanging right around the corner… are there any Huskies of Honor inductees coming down the pipeline?

To me, I think our big 3 from last year might have a legitimate case (Hawk, Dre, and Adama). I don’t wanna jynx any current players but I have a couple in mind that may have a shot down the road. time will tell.

It normally takes several years to see a name and number hanging from the Pavilion wall next to our scoreboard. In 2011 and 2014 we saw Kemba and Bazz honored after their championship runs. The last inductees were ‘99 team (2014), Caron (2016), Burrell (2018), and Harrison Fitch (2022). For those that don’t know, Fitch was a CT-native that played in 1930’s.

I could see them putting the championship team up there years down the road but why not honor ‘04, ‘11, and ‘14 while we’re at it? Not enough space for men and women’s teams? ;);)

Whatcha think?

Reaction Score
Sanogo will be up there down the line. Maybe Jackson too since he was captain. Don't think we'll see Hawk- the bar is really high for Sophomores.

Clingan can pull it off with a special season this year, and personally I think he will :cool:

Reaction Score
With the banner hanging right around the corner… are there any Huskies of Honor inductees coming down the pipeline?

To me, I think our big 3 from last year might have a legitimate case (Hawk, Dre, and Adama). I don’t wanna jynx any current players but I have a couple in mind that may have a shot down the road. time will tell.

It normally takes several years to see a name and number hanging from the Pavilion wall next to our scoreboard. In 2011 and 2014 we saw Kemba and Bazz honored after their championship runs. The last inductees were ‘99 team (2014), Caron (2016), Burrell (2018), and Harrison Fitch (2022). For those that don’t know, Fitch was a CT-native that played in 1930’s.

I could see them putting the championship team up there years down the road but why not honor ‘04, ‘11, and ‘14 while we’re at it? Not enough space for men and women’s teams? ;);)

Whatcha think?
Harrison Fitch was UConn's first black player

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I hear there is something special for a former national champion coming…

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Not Husky of Honors… bigger…

Reaction Score
Rip Hamilton retired number????
If it’s really soon, I can’t imagine they’d retire #32 while Clingan is wearing it.

Maybe retiring Kemba’s number? Seems like he’s out of the NBA for good (sadly), and #15 is free…

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
2 players going on the practice facility wall in May 2024...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
one will be a 2 time national champ and the other our second ever one and done...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
sorry i got y'all riled up - but boat does deserve to be on the Huskys of Honor (and they should change the number retirement requirements too becuase Kemba, Rip and Emeka all deserve to be up there)

Reaction Score
sorry i got y'all riled up - but boat does deserve to be on the Huskys of Honor (and they should change the number retirement requirements too becuase Kemba, Rip and Emeka all deserve to be up there)
Kemba, Rip and Emeka are on it. I love Boat but don’t think he belongs on it.

Reaction Score
For me the huskies that deserve retired numbers are Ray, Rip, Gordon, Okafor, Kemba, and Shabazz. I can be convinced either way about Khalid "shocked the world" El Amin. For me others have played big or even huge roles but those guys are tops. Clifford and Smith could get fair arguments for retirement too.

Reaction Score
No need to retire numbers. I’m fine with Smitty and Bazz sharing. No reason you can’t have more than one great Husky wear the same number. Can’t wait for 2 32’s after Clingan is up there. The honor is for the player not the number.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Kemba, Rip and Emeka are on it. I love Boat but don’t think he belongs on it.
Yeah those 3 are on the walls but I think they should be in the rafters too, but they don’t qualify under the current criteria (requires HOF induction - not sure who decided that but it’s bogus).

There aren’t a ton of players from the 2012-2022 era who deserve to be in the Huskies of Honor, but the 2014 championship doesn’t happen without Boat. For that alone I’d love to see him up there.

Edit: if I were in charge I’d make the criteria for number retirement: National Championship OR NBA All Team selection OR NBA Individual award winner (ROY / MVP / DPOY / 6MOY) to qualify for retirement consideration. And NBA HOF = automatic retirement.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom