Huskies of Honor question | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Huskies of Honor question

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Sorry! It's got to be a very, very high bar. The Yankees are retiring so many numbers that they have very few left. The Halls of Fame should be renamed the Halls of the Very Good. That's what happens when you slap someone up there based on the emotion of the moment. Among other things, there ought to be a waiting period...3 years after leaving....5 years after leaving...before anyone is considered.

Reaction Score
Most of the guys on the list from the last 30 years were long-time NBA players. Shabazz as the 2x champion was an exception it seems.
What does that matter?

Reaction Score
“Jackson and Hawkins didn’t do anything that a bunch of other huskies haven’t done”

Since we win so many titles let’s just omit that accomplishment from the Husky of Honor and stick with the guys who don’t win but have better individual stats…good post Palatine.
Completely miss the point much?

Read my post again.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Based on what? 10 points a game and one NCAA exit in the first round?

No, based on the other things I mentioned.

Not even saying I would put him in, and definitely not saying he deserves to be in the UConn one. I actually said at other schools he'd probably be a no-brainer as a top ranked local recruit, 1 and done lottery pick and multiple seasons of production in the NBA.

Did you intentionally miss all of that in my prior post?

Reaction Score
I don't vote for who goes on the wall. But apparently it does matter.
Correlation vs. causation

They were all great basketball players so many also had great NBA careers. Hardly a requirement especially considering the two most recent additions were still in college when they went up.

Reaction Score
Since we know Sanogo is officially done playing in a UConn jersey, I was curious what the process is for determining if/when he will get his number retired and/or inducted into the HOH? Is he a guaranteed nominee?

Also is there precedent for someone like Jackson Jr. to make it? Feels wrong if he gets left out for not putting up high scoring numbers imo.
Anyone else think that it's a crime that Big Ben isn't up there?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I feel Sonogo is the one player from this years team who should be considered for the Huskies of Honor.

There are a lot of very good players that shouldn't be in that category but should receive some public acknowledgement. Perhaps a plaque over a urinal with the players name and accomplishment might be in order.

First player I'd nominate is TO with 2>1

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hasheem and Ben are the next 2, but Ben we understand the current situation. Adama should merit inclusion by his objective accomplishments.

Drummond would definitely merit consideration, objectively.
Only if money made in the pros is the most important factor.

Reaction Score
Sanogo, yes. He has the accomplishments. Maybe Hawkins down the road if he shows out in the NBA. There's also that possibility for Jackson if he becomes a great NBA player and or is an All-American next season. Should Lamb, DeAndre Daniels, Rashad Anderson, Voskuhl, Freeman, Giffey, Ricky Moore be in the Huskies of Honor?

I don't agree with the NBA part. Why should that matter?

Reaction Score
Because NBA career is taken into account.

Then why did Kemba and Napier join the huskies of honor before they even declared for the NBA draft?

Reaction Score
Then why did Kemba and Napier join the huskies of honor before they even declared for the NBA draft?
Because Kemba had the best season in Huskies history and went on a run like never seen before and because Shabazz won a second national championship showing he was the best player in the country as a senior. They didn't have to play a minute in the NBA to be Huskies of Honor.

Reaction Score
Because Kemba had the best season in Huskies history and went on a run like never seen before and because Shabazz won a second national championship showing he was the best player in the country as a senior. They didn't have to play a minute in the NBA to be Huskies of Honor.

The disrespect for Jackson, Sanogo and Hawkins… Sheeeeeesh

Reaction Score
I assumed Sanogo would make it but then I realized Hasheem Thabeet isn't even in the Huskies of Honor. I love Jackson but there's no way he should even be considered unless he comes back and makes first team all-American or something.

Dude, you lost a lot of street cred with this post. Maybe you were just having a bad day.

Reaction Score
Because NBA career is taken into account.

It shouldn't mean squat. What did they do in a husky uniform should be the only criteria. Drummond should never be added unless there is a donation to the school involved, sorry.

Reaction Score
Dude, you lost a lot of street cred with this post. Maybe you were just having a bad day.
Name the other Huskies of Honor who weren't on any All-American teams, then name the other Huskies of Honor who weren't on any all-conference teams.

Reaction Score
Name the other Huskies of Honor who weren't on any All-American teams, then name the other Huskies of Honor who weren't on any all-conference teams.

If you don't think Jackson is already a lock I'll just assume you are having a bad week because you are a good poster here.

The criteria you gave is not official criteria and the school will gladly make room for a captain who led us to a championship with great defense, great passing and unselfish leadership.

Who accomplished more in a UCONN uniform Rudy Gay or Jackson? End of story.

Reaction Score
If you don't think Jackson is already a lock I'll just assume you are having a bad week because you are a good poster here.

The criteria you gave is not official criteria and we will gladly make room for a captain who led us to a championship with great defense, great passing and unselfish leadership.

Who accomplished more in a UCONN uniform Rudy Gay or Jackson? End of story.
Answer the question dum dum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom