Huskies of Honor question | The Boneyard

Huskies of Honor question

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Since we know Sanogo is officially done playing in a UConn jersey, I was curious what the process is for determining if/when he will get his number retired and/or inducted into the HOH? Is he a guaranteed nominee?

Also is there precedent for someone like Jackson Jr. to make it? Feels wrong if he gets left out for not putting up high scoring numbers imo.

Reaction Score
I realize those guys did a lot for us, but I don't think either really deserves to be up there. There's only so many jersey numbers and space on the wall.

Neither of these guys had the career of a Donyell or Kemba, for example. They're just on another leve.

Reaction Score
I realize those guys did a lot for us, but I don't think either really deserves to be up there. There's only so many jersey numbers and space on the wall.

Neither of these guys had the career of a Donyell or Kemba, for example. They're just on another leve.
I agree with this. Down the road I could see them honoring the entire team like they did with 98-99 and put 22-23 in the Huskies of Honors.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I thought at one point you had to be a first team all American. Then they obviously relaxed that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought at one point you had to be a first team all American. Then they obviously relaxed that.
That’s the rules for the women. I am not sure that there is any particular standard for the men.

Keep in mind that Huskies of honor does not mean that the players number is retired. That is reserved for players who are in the Naismith Hall of Fame.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. Down the road I could see them honoring the entire team like they did with 98-99 and put 22-23 in the Huskies of Honors.
There are also two players from the 99 team up on the wall. Should be two from 04 (BG not getting up there at this point given his issues), two from 11 and one from 14.

I don’t see how Adama is not going up on the wall.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Have any of our tournament MOP's not made it?

Reaction Score
And Khalid.

Not sure why a long NBA career would be a requirement.

There are no "requirements" other than a vote. NBA is clearly a consideration considering Rudy is on that list, however.

Shabazz and Khalid are the only 2 on that list from the last 35 years who didn't have a solid or better NBA career. I think we can probably agree Shabazz has a college resume that tops Adama's. Khalid and Adama are probably around the same level IMO. So it's certainly possible they put him up there.

Reaction Score
I think Sanogo will be up there. He is the face of the championship team and the Hurley era. His ncaa tournament stats were excellent. Big east first team all conference two times. In three years he accumulated 1268 points, 665 rebounds and 108 blocks (in only like 90 games..shortened season his freshman year). They just need a photo of him in an nba jersey.

Reaction Score

Adama 2x first team all big east. It seems the rings final determination is getting drafted. I can’t recall if Caron is there but Jordan would have to be held in higher regard with a title no?

Reaction Score
Sanogo is absolutely 100% making it into the Huskies of Honor. Jackson I’m not as sure but certainly has a chance.
I assumed Sanogo would make it but then I realized Hasheem Thabeet isn't even in the Huskies of Honor. I love Jackson but there's no way he should even be considered unless he comes back and makes first team all-American or something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom