Hurricane check in .. | The Boneyard

Hurricane check in ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Where are you, and how's it going?

I am in western mass, and we're having a little wind, and a lot of rain. Still have electricity, Internet, and cable.

Reaction Score
In Hamden.....winds have been strong all night but have really picked up in the last hour or so. Heavy rains. Still have power. Storm is still centered in NJ right now. We have a ways to go.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

I am in western mass, and we're having a little wind, and a lot of rain. Still have electricity, Internet, and cable.

Don't be so impatient. Give it time. The eye now will pass through western CT and up through western Mass. Lots of time to take you off-line.

I'm in central CT. Rain is absurd but the winds have not been too bad so far. Worst is yet to come through 2 pm.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Lower Fairfield County... Rain, lots of it.. Wind with gusts... But nothing extraordinary yet... Not even tree limbs on the yard or the street... A little water in the basement but for us, that's normal. No power outages and the satellite service is still working...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Just west of DC here - wind really picked up during the wee hours and blew rain against the house all night. Didn't sleep much but it's mostly gone now, except for the occasional gust. All services still intact :cool:

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Westport. One tree down. Lots of leaves and some branches down. Windy and rainy!!!! Very lucky to still have power.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Portsmouth RI. lots of wind, no rain. have not seen any trees or lines down of yet.
added 9am. Starting to get some rain now, wind also seems to be getting stronger.

Reaction Score
In Manchester, lots of rain and strong gusts of wind but no sustained major wind. Power blinked off briefly, enough that the DVR had to reboot and our answering machine had to have the day/time reset. Cat's are freaking out, though. Normally both are sound asleep at this time of day. My older male cat just keeps staring at the windows. Female cat trying to settle down, but keeps moving from one spot to another.

I fully expect we will lose power for more than a blip at some point.

Reaction Score
New Haven here. Wind has really picked up in the last 30 minutes or so. Lots of downed tree limbs. I don't see any down trees in my house, but my buddy in North Haven has a tree down in his yard. Center of the storm should be coming in the next couple of hours. Our lights have flickered a bit but so far so good. I'm not super confident we'll keep power through this whole thing, though, the way the wind is blowing.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
New Haven here. Wind has really picked up in the last 30 minutes or so. Lots of downed tree limbs. I don't see any down trees in my house, but my buddy in North Haven has a tree down in his yard. Center of the storm should be coming in the next couple of hours. Our lights have flickered a bit but so far so good. I'm not super confident we'll keep power through this whole thing, though, the way the wind is blowing.

My real concern is the several very large white pine trees on the south side of my house. Two came down in the tornado, one of which hammered my garage.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Yea right there with ya. Hoping to keep electricity.

Reaction Score

In Torrington, where the path is supposed to go directly through in a few hours, we still have power, but it's fluctuating. At least I could drain some water out of the pool. ;^)

Reaction Score
WFSB3 appears to be off the air, or maybe it is just Cox's reception of it. Anyone else not able to get WFSB on tv?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
WFSB3 appears to be off the air, or maybe it is just Cox's reception of it. Anyone else not able to get WFSB on tv?
THeir HD is totally off. THey have a patched up coverage with partial power in the studio on the regular channel.

Reaction Score
THeir HD is totally off. THey have a patched up coverage with partial power in the studio on the regular channel.

Thanks, Biff. I rarely watch standard def....forgot I even had it, LOL!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I was literally walking out to check to see if we still had power, or were on generator when the power went out and the generator kicked on. Other than that, storm here isn't much, which is fine with me. We've had more rain and wind in other storms.

In Canton.

Reaction Score
wind picked up big time in EL, a neighbor's tree just broke in half

Reaction Score
Suffield. Can't complain. Moderate rain. Not much wind gust. Still have electricity. Full impact still at around 2pm.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Alexandria, VA on the Potomac: Rain has stopped, skies are tying to clear. We had lots of rain and wind. I'm guessing 4 inches, winds at 40 mph for maybe 8 hours. Some flooding, lots of trees down. Metro is running. I lost power for 15 minutes at about 11 PM. In Maryland, where rainfall was 5-10 inches, 220,000 are without power.

I'm heading to Honolulu on Friday. After the quake and hurricane here this week, I'm hoping for no tsunami.

Good rule of thumb: If you look outside and see Jim Cantore in your yard, it's going to be a bad day.

Reaction Score
TV just said the number of power outages in CT has reached historic levels, more outages with this storm than ever before in CT history.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Can't access the CL&P outage map, so I presume their server is down.

Live in Tenn so not impacted by Irene. Sure wish she had dropped some rain our way, we could use it as long as the winds were reasonable and didn't cause any damage.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Central PA had little to nothing as it was all east of us. We had 1" of rain to 11:00AM and little more than 10-20 mph winds. Now we have light breezes.

Reaction Score
In Woodbridge, where a large tree is resting on my roof. Rafters are OK, plywood has a little splintering but no leaks. Just hope no more come down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom