Hurricane check in .. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurricane check in ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
UPDATED YET AGAIN:

97% of Weston no power at around 1:23pm, according to CL&P website. I'm not in that really, really large majority...yet.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Two trees down (tipped) over. No damage to my house, yet.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
hope you guys are all keeping safe and dry...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Still have power and lots of cans of Spaghettios that who knows when I will eat. Seriously, came through with only a few frayed nerves and a puddle under one window for damage. I know I am luckier than others and for that I am grateful and for them I will pray. It could have been much worse for me. I am so glad that it wasn't.

Finally got to sleep around 6 am

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Lots of wind and heavy rain in Queens. Looks like the eye is here. No trees down nearby, but I'm thinking the kick butt storms we had this winter and spring took down a lot of the weak limbs/trees. Got all services.

Reaction Score
So far 4 trees down in our yard alone in Southern Plymouth, MA. Another in the neighbor's yard. A couple bumps on the electrical grid. Power went out momentarily.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Or volcanic eruption. ;)
Exactly! Diamond Head looks quite dormant and feeble, but I would not be totally surprised by increased activity on the Big Island.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Westport. Main Street totally flooded, watched the Saugatuck overflow during high tide, but the waters are receding now. Streets closed - canal, riverside, post road all due to flooding. Some side streets have trees down.

Reaction Score
Where are you, and how's it going?

I am in western mass, and we're having a little wind, and a lot of rain. Still have electricity, Internet, and cable.

Same t'ing in 16 Acres section of Springfield. We didn't have to worry about trees, the tornado harvested them on June 1. Not really all that much rain, either, imo.

Still have all utilities.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Post-Irene weather outside Philly is overcast, windy and early Autumn-like temps.

"Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene
I'll see you in my dreams"

Reaction Score
In Torrington we've had a lot of rain. The wind hasn't been too bad (yet). I discovered that I have a small leak in my roof somewhere.

Reaction Score
Not that bad here in Enfield. Lots of little twigs and leaves; nothing major. Have not lost power. It would be a shame to lose it this late in the storm; let's hope that does not happen!

Yes, CBS HD went out for me and I also forgot about regular def!! Changed to NBC coverage.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The "storm" has officially exited Massachusetts.....

Still some wind, up here in the NE corner....but the "emergency" has passed.

Reaction Score
News now saying 796,000 customers in CT without power - that is half the state. Glad I am not one of them.

(Edited to update numbers...prior number was not even close!)

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
97% of Weston is out (and that is more than 3500 customers right there)...I am one of the 3% who still has it - but am expecting to lose it when CL&P starts repairs to their systems.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Local town flooding and damage... Good night Irene... Bye, bye...

Attachments

• DSC_3638.jpg
    DSC_3638.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_3645.jpg
    DSC_3645.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_3640.jpg
    DSC_3640.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 62
Reaction Score
Post-Irene weather outside Philly is overcast, windy and early Autumn-like temps.

"Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene
I'll see you in my dreams"
The incomparable Huddy Ledbetter, aka "Leadbelly," has been alledged to be the author of "Goodnight Irene," and maybe he was. He always sang it,
"Goodnight, Irene, goodnight, Irene, I git chu in my dreams."

Reaction Score
No real problems in my area of Vernon. A few small limbs down. No loss of power. A gust of wind every now and then. But a lot of rain in the past 36 hours.

Reaction Score
Where are you, and how's it going?

I am in western mass, and we're having a little wind, and a lot of rain. Still have electricity, Internet, and cable. After the bad winter (ice dams for all), the tornado, and with the hurricane on our horizon, we were joking yesterday with the neighbors," What's next, an avalanche?" They came back with: "a volcano."

I'm gratified that Irene was fairly gently with us.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Anyone from Guilford? We have a house there, and we wonder how things are down by the shore, near Jacobs beach?

Sun is shining in South Bend. :)

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Here in our section of Burlington, Connecticut, we are sunny, calm and pleasant. See little damage in our neighborhood and don't hear any chainsaws. Didn't lose power or cable. But I have never seen so much rain, beginning yesterday late morning. There are several lakes in the flat parts of my yard and rivers in the hilly sections.

Reaction Score
Lots of wind and heavy rain in Queens. Looks like the eye is here. No trees down nearby, but I'm thinking the kick butt storms we had this winter and spring took down a lot of the weak limbs/trees. Got all services.
Thanks for the info. I've got a friend in Queens that I haven't gotten hold of yet, so I'm glad to know that Queens is still standing!

Reaction Score
Lower Fairfield County... Rain, lots of it.. Wind with gusts... But nothing extraordinary yet... Not even tree limbs on the yard or the street... A little water in the basement but for us, that's normal. No power outages and the satellite service is still working...

Nah, nah-nah NAH, nah! I've got a fallen tree branch in my front yard in Westport, so there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom