Hurley Providence Post Game Presser | The Boneyard

Hurley Providence Post Game Presser

Reaction Score
He’s exactly right, we had a terrible off night shooting and the defense was soft. LAZY!. He saw exactly what I saw. This loss wasn’t on Hurley.
If the guys are soft and lazy then sit them and use players not lazy and soft. Sometimes you need to make a point when coaching and not leave bad play on the court.

Reaction Score
If we can’t shoot, try someone else. You had Akok glued to the bench and he’s always good for a 3 or two.

Why not give Diggins a shot? Gaff was awful. He single-handedly dribbled away the last two minutes.

Why pick on Hawkins? You barely played him. I’d play him 30 minutes so he develops faster. We need him to be our savior.

Play your young talent. Your older players just aren’t good enough to win without some help from the talented youngsters.

Reaction Score
He's just so painful to listen to. But check the last 35 seconds. "Players need to stay off social."

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Team shows up unprepared. Coach makes no adjustments other than to draw up in his safe space which is playing Polley and Whaley way too many minutes. Young players who are in a different orbit talentwise from the super seniors grow moldy on the bench. Sixty minutes to kids who were recruited in 2016. Zero for Diggins who likely regrets ever hearing about the state of Connecticut.

But yeah, stay off social. That will work. Should all work out really well.

Stayed tuned for the offense next game - I predict Whaley, Akok and Whaley will camp outside the arc and basically become a blockade should Cole, Gaffney or Jackson even thinks about trying to move the ball around. Also, Cole will have to do too much and Diggins will not even move from his seat.

But, for the love of God, stay of Instagram.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Too lazy to watch - he say anything about why Akok sat so much?
He was kind of speechless and flabbergasted by Akok's performance and took long pauses to try and formulate an analysis of his perfomance tonight when asked. He basically said he just had a really tough matchup against the Watson, Croswell, et al and made some defensive mistakes and wasn't able to generate anything offensively.

Reaction Score
He’s exactly right, we had a terrible off night shooting and the defense was soft. LAZY!. He saw exactly what I saw. This loss wasn’t on Hurley.
Every night is an off night shooting. I'm suprised if they eclipse 55

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
when a coach who dictates playing time starts laying issues with a player that saw limited action, it tells me one of 2 things:
1. he finds it acceptable and easy to do so, or
2. he has no idea what so ever is going on the court and is over his head

Both are horrible but it has to be one of them because trying to encourage a kid by doing so is pure crap

Reaction Score
He was kind of speechless and flabbergasted by Akok's performance and took long pauses to try and formulate an analysis of his perfomance tonight when asked. He basically said he just had a really tough matchup against the Watson, Croswell, et al and made some defensive mistakes and wasn't able to generate anything offensively.
His answer to PC playing both of their bigs was 5 out with 4 guards.

Reaction Score
Team shows up unprepared. Coach makes no adjustments other than to draw up in his safe space which is playing Polley and Whaley way too many minutes. Young players who are in a different orbit talentwise from the super seniors grow moldy on the bench. Sixty minutes to kids who were recruited in 2016. Zero for Diggins who likely regrets ever hearing about the state of Connecticut.

Stayed tuned for the offense next game - I predict Whaley, Akok and Whaley will camp outside the arc and basically become a blockade should Cole, Gaffney or Jackson even thinks about trying to move the ball around. Also, Cole will have to do too much and Diggins will not even move from his seat.

This is depressing to read but very accurate.

Reaction Score

These past 8 years have made Jim Calhoun look like an even greater coach than we realized. 8 years of poorly run offense and questionable in game coaching.

Reaction Score
He talks about our great depth so why does Diggins, Springs and Johnson not see any minutes? I would not be surprised if you see a horde of transfers if this keeps up.
If Diggins and Johnson aren’t good enough to see the court when the rest of the team is playing so poorly, then Hurley didn’t recruit as well as we thought.

The other option is that Diggins and Johnson should be playing - and that Hurley isn’t a strong enough coach to realize that.

Either way, not good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Polley has a really tough matchup every time he’s on the floor and yet there he is for 25 minutes a game. Maybe when Akok is 25, he’ll be allowed to play through a tough matchup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom