Hurley post game presser PCU | The Boneyard

Hurley post game presser PCU

Reaction Score
In response to Ed's comment about the $2 beer night putting in work.

"Did Ed say that? I mean lotta people $2 beer us. I mean they been $2 beer-ing the sh---- out -pause and catches himself- Sorry. Yeah, dollar beer! I think in Omaha it was a $0.25. With Schaefer."

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Only gripe is that I wish he would stop referring to St. John’s as a head scratcher and clunker right before we play them in their building.
That's fair. Definitely bulletin board material for them. But we're so much better than them, and have so much revenge on our mind, that it better not matter.

Would usually agree here but SJU team has been posting way worse things about each other recently.

Reaction Score
It was a home loss, and we were heavily favored. It's openly a head scratcher. I don't get the gripe.
It’s actually not a head scratcher at all. We had just played teams 1-4 in the conference consecutively, 3 of which were on the road. It’s the perfect let down game, and we were a rattled team.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Thank you for getting this up so quickly. As soon as I drop the boys off and hit the couch it’s up.

Reaction Score
I may be in the minority but I didn't love his comments. Even if there is a hint of truth to it, I'm not sure he should be the person pointing it out. Seems a little out of his lane. Worry about Providence. Seems a bit petty after a loss and had a backhanded compliment wrapped in an insult kind of vibe to it.

Reaction Score

It's hard not to like Ed Cooley. What he says is really good here. I find sometimes I get arrogant about the success at UConn, but I usually catch myself before I go too far and appreciate like he says and do whatever you can to support the team to help them get more.

UConn-PC is a great New England rivalry. As much as it would make me want to eat my liver to lose to PC or to Creighton, these rivalries are great, exciting, and entertaining even if losing to them hurts some. But the real pain is being in the AAC playing the likes of Tulsa, Tulane, East Carolina, South Florida with the apathy and indifference towards those games. I have said this before in other posts, but it really keeps things in perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I may be in the minority but I didn't love his comments. Even if there is a hint of truth to it, I'm not sure he should be the person pointing it out. Seems a little out of his lane. Worry about Providence. Seems a bit petty after a loss and had a backhanded compliment wrapped in an insult kind of vibe to it.
I didn't take it that way, but I can see your point of view on this. I wonder how many other UConn fans would take it this way that you did.

Reaction Score
I didn't take it that way, but I can see your point of view on this. I wonder how many other UConn fans would take it this way that you did.
The Friar way??? Sounded like he was lecturing a fanbase and a program(one that has accomplished a lot more than PC or him) when it isn't really his place? Came across like sour grapes. Boeheimesque. I usually don't mind Ed and think he is a solid coach. Thought he got a little emo and too much into his feelings here. Take the L and get on the bus back to PC. If Hurley said that stuff about PC half the UConn fanbase would have a coniption.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom