Hurley in to see Akok | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hurley in to see Akok

Reaction Score
I saw Lamar Odom play for Redemption Christian - on a court whose primary purpose was indoor tennis . Wolf & Shaker Road.

Yes he looked incredible.

But so did Ernie D who I saw at a court at a Franciscan Seminary.

I saw Ernie D play at MSG for a U.S. college all-star team against the Russian national team before he went to the NBA. Unbelievably talented basketball player. And the shame of it is that the way the game has changed, I'm not sure even that much talent could overcome the lack of size, speed and athleticism. But that loss is on basketball, not Ernie D.

C

Chief00

I saw Ernie D play at MSG for a U.S. college all-star team against the Russian national team before he went to the NBA. Unbelievably talented basketball player. And the shame of it is that the way the game has changed, I'm not sure even that much talent could overcome the lack of size, speed and athleticism. But that loss is on basketball, not Ernie D.
Chief00 has kept in touch with Ernie. Good dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is why I wait until the kid announces himself and then signs his letter

Most don't officially sign til late tho. That's a lot of breath holding

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The staff was pushing to close the deal. They thought it was done deal. Kid has others telling to make all his visits.

Just gotta hope oldasz Boeheim and the zone don't resonate with him.

Reaction Score
Just gotta hope oldasz Boeheim and the zone don't resonate with him.

If he doesn't want to learn defense that translates to the next level, the zone is the way to go.

Reaction Score
Booster guy I talk to said the staff was 95% sure. In recruiting that is huge.

Was he 95% sure earlier this week or 95% sure now (even with the visit to Cuse)?

Reaction Score
Obviously someone is influencing him and pushing him towards another school.
Or even if you’re 95% sure, there is no rush from the kids side. Take the wine and dine from every school in the running and make as informed a decision as possible.

Reaction Score
Or maybe he just wanted to take all his visits?

I would have like to have had a verbal, but I'm comfortable that we stack up well against the his other OVs. Patience.

#stilldoomed
I think he was responding to 99 saying that he has people telling him to take all his visits. I just assumed maybe that meant he didn’t want to take all his visits.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I think he was responding to 99 saying that he has people telling him to take all his visits. I just assumed maybe that meant he didn’t want to take all his visits.

If I’m advising the kid, I’m telling him to take all his visits, to make sure he’s not rushed — to take the time he needs to make sure he makes the decision that’s right for him. I have no doubt Hurley and co made their best possible pitch to him.

We’re not so good at it on message boards, but we need patience, not panic, IMHO.

pj

Reaction Score
He can't sign until November, and UConn is not going to take away their scholarship offer. There's no reason to commit before his visits just to please Hurley when Hurley will be just as happy to take his commitment a few weeks from now.

I agree with @CL82, it's an important decision, why not make it fully informed. In this case, a fully informed decision will mean that UConn is chosen, because we have the most to offer him.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I always care a little less when it’s Syracuse. Their style of play and coaching just doesn’t appeal to me. I guess I figure if that’s how a kid wants to play ball go for it. Not really going to fit in well with this culture likely. Louisville, however, always chaps my ass.

Reaction Score
If I’m advising the kid, I’m telling him to take all his visits, to make sure he’s not rushed — to take the time he needs to make sure he makes the decision that’s right for him. I have no doubt Hurley and co made their best possible pitch to him.

We’re not so good at it on message boards, but we need patience, not panic, IMHO.

True. But we also had some pretty trustworthy posters here saying it was basically a done deal and the rest of the visits wouldn't happen. That's where most of the panic is coming from IMHO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom