Hurley in to see Akok | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley in to see Akok

Reaction Score
UConn was really latecomers here. For many months now we've been saying Akok isn't coming here. He still may. But you can't portray this as an all eggs in one basket situation when Syracuse was considered the leader until 2 weeks ago.

There has been Uconn buzz for far longer than 2 weeks. Our best insider said he was coming. We may be the strong #1 as is but this would suck to lose.

Reaction Score
What does everyone expect?
Chief didn't certify the "verbal" did he?

He said...

"Looking for another recruit coming soon - will be a Big" (from last Friday)
"Chief on a Recruiting prediction roll!" (from last Saturday after at least one poster indicated he was likely coming).
"Trust in Chief - Good week next week." (From last week about this week.)
"The Great Grind turned into The Great Close just as Chief predicted."
"Will October match Sept for commitments?"
"Dam inspection underway."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will say this, Ak Ak has always been labeled a loyal kid, so I am not terribly surprised he is taking his his visits. Syracuse has invested a ton of time in him, and I can understand wanting to honor your visit.

Danny and Tom going to see him speaks very loudly.

Reaction Score
I will say this, Ak Ak has always been labeled a loyal kid, so I am not terribly surprised he is taking his his visits. Syracuse has invested a ton of time in him, and I can understand wanting to honor your visit.

If thats the case you have to respect that. If his loyalty is as strong as has been reported and he indeed verbaled. Then im not as worried

Reaction Score
If thats the case you have to respect that. If his loyalty is as strong as has been reported and he indeed verbaled. Then im not as worried

Why? A verbal means nothing.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

The first time I saw Lamar Odom play was his year with Redemption. Good lord he was good.
I really thought he was headed to UConn, he was so comfortable visiting our locker room when we were at MSG. But it got complicated.

Reaction Score

In terms of being desperate? Absolutely LOL

Reaction Score
If he’s as loyal as they say he is, I agree it doesn’t surprise me he’s going to honor his previous commitment and take the visit.

I’d be surprised if the coaching staff wasn’t well informed that the visit was going to happen before they spoke with him last night. That said, it’s great to see our head coach out there himself putting the full court press on kids no matter how much of a lean they may be to the good guys.

Very refreshing to see someone out there not taking a second for granted and assuming nothing and continuing to grind.

That said I hope Akok enjoys his parting gift of snow on 10/21.

Attachments

• 37225149-6501-4194-AE81-BDF328488E9D.jpeg
    37225149-6501-4194-AE81-BDF328488E9D.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 181
Reaction Score
I really thought he was headed to UConn, he was so comfortable visiting our locker room when we were at MSG. But it got complicated.

Code for "Chef knows secret stuff but Chef can't tell you because he's friends with people so keep on thinking Chef is cool". As for the topic- Hurley is everything we have been missing since Calhoun. Love the effort!

Reaction Score
The Syracuse visit is not good at all no matter how you look at it. Anytime a recruit visits another school after us is never good. Not saying its sign he won't come here as there are plenty of examples where a recruit visited a school after us and still came here but I'm sure Hurley and company wanted a commitment before he left.

Maybe he really does want to wait until spring to commit. Who knows.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Syracuse visit is not good at all no matter how you look at it. Anytime a recruit visits another school after us is never good. Not saying its sign he won't come here as there are plenty of examples where a recruit visited a school after us and still came here but I'm sure Hurley and company wanted a commitment before he left.

Maybe he really does want to wait until spring to commit. Who knows.
Its never a good sign. Hopefully, good still comes from this. At worst, this visit should put an end to this ridiculous dam metaphor.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is why I wait until the kid announces himself and then signs his letter
Wait, he's going to sign his LOI to us during his Syracuse visit? Oh, I like this kid a lot.

Reaction Score
Also, this happens regularly in CBB recruiting. Some recruits just like to take all their visits. The past regime has given us a mild case of PTSD. You can take comfort in the fact that Danny and Tom WILL NOT let up. They're relentless. Something we could never say about the last regime

Reaction Score
Also, this happens regularly in CBB recruiting. Some recruits just like to take all their visits. The past regime has given us a mild case of PTSD. You can take comfort in the fact that Danny and Tom WILL NOT let up. They're relentless. Something we could never say about the last regime

Wow, once you saw the light, you really saw the light.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom