Hurley in to see Akok | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley in to see Akok

Reaction Score
I'm sort of surprised that if a commitment to us is so likely and imminent, that there has been no recent crystal ball picks by pundits trying to bolster their stats. With the conviction our 'insiders' have had, it seemed like a situation based on actual statements by Akok rather than an inference by staff or others 'reading the tea leaves'. Akok's denial of a verbal to UConn I thought was likely to just sit on his decision a couple of days and then have his moment in the sun on his own terms. It's seeming more like he is still in the process of deciding. There has been reconfirmations that we are still looking good, but geez, I could slip off the ledge I'm on if this doesn't break our way soon.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
1539917099144.gif

Reaction Score
I think after this week, it is pretty clear he is not committing here and we will be scrambling for plan B / plan C. I don’t really like our chances with any of the other high 4*/ 5*’s we have been recruiting. I thought this guy was our best chance. Oh well, we at least had a glimmer of hope this off season. That’s worth something, right?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I think after this week, it is pretty clear he is not committing here and we will be scrambling for plan B / plan C. I don’t really like our chances with any of the other high 4*/ 5*’s we have been recruiting. I thought this guy was our best chance. Oh well, we at least had a glimmer of hope this off season. That’s worth something, right?
Let's settle down. You can't fault a kid for exploring his options. This is a kid who wanted to commit in the spring. I'm not going to fault him for enjoying his college visits. Obviously I would prefer he commit here...but I dont think we are out of it.

Reaction Score
Is Ithaca Matt flying him there?
From where would he take a flight to Syracuse from PSA after a 7 PM game? Hartford? Providence?
Checked Expedia and the latest flights are 7:xx PM so he couldn't fly from those airports tonight unless they sent a private plane for him.

Reaction Score

UConn was really latecomers here. For many months now we've been saying Akok isn't coming here. He still may. But you can't portray this as an all eggs in one basket situation when Syracuse was considered the leader until 2 weeks ago.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, super clear!

Reaction Score
Let's settle down. You can't fault a kid for exploring his options. This is a kid who wanted to commit in the spring. I'm not going to fault him for enjoying his college visits. Obviously I would prefer he commit here...but I dont think we are out of it.
I hope you are right. My comment was based on me trusting what pretty reliable folks said that he indicated in some way that he was coming here. I know that he is a kid and will change his mind and we are not “out” yet but I think when he was that close to committing and then has second thoughts, something is not right with him and UConn. Not sure a trip to ‘Cuse or Pitt is gonna sway him back.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom