Hurley: “I think [Hawkins] is going to be a first-round draft pick at the end of the year” | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hurley: “I think [Hawkins] is going to be a first-round draft pick at the end of the year”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lol what was wrong about what I said about those 3. Were they not lighting it up from day 1?

Yeah Akok did, in my defense though the only other big on the roster was Whaley who at that point nobody thought was any good. So pretty much no other option at the time.
We've discussed Hawkins ad nauseam and it has been explained to you over and over again what the situation was. If it hasn't gotten into your head already, 1 more post isn't going to do it so I'm not going to waste my time there

Bouknight was suspended for the start of the season, and then had to work his way back into the starting lineup. And even when he wasn't starting averaged 20 minutes a game coming off the bench, so no issue there

Sanogo's playing time was mostly self inflicted. There was the St John's game where Hurley never should have pulled him and has admitted as much. But for much of the season he was a foul machine and constantly in foul trouble. He started the 3rd game of the season, off the bench the 4th, and started every game after so he was absolutely given a chance early when he clearly had the talent

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We've discussed Hawkins ad nauseam and it has been explained to you over and over again what the situation was. If it hasn't gotten into your head already, 1 more post isn't going to do it so I'm not going to waste my time there

Bouknight was suspended for the start of the season, and then had to work his way back into the starting lineup. And even when he wasn't starting averaged 20 minutes a game coming off the bench, so no issue there

Sanogo's playing time was mostly self inflicted. There was the St John's game where Hurley never should have pulled him and has admitted as much. But for much of the season he was a foul machine and constantly in foul trouble. He started the 3rd game of the season, off the bench the 4th, and started every game after so he was absolutely given a chance early when he clearly had the talent
You know Boatright was suspended too start the year and his first game back still got 30 minutes and not 11 like Bouknight did. Here’s their game logs for comparison. It’s not like Bouknight had more talented players in front of him either. And he was averaging 14 a game on 60% shooting in those first 4 games.

I’m not going to go into Sanogo much because he’s the least justifiable of the 3 to me when Hawk and Bouk just looked like the best scorers on the team the moment they touched the floor. After Bouknight took over the Xavier game in OT the second game of his career there should’ve been no question to him being the focal point from then on.

Pictures aren’t attaching but basically Boatright basically played about 25-30 mins a game and Bouk played before 15-20 until January.

Fwiw though he started but never got big minutes. Didn’t consistently start getting 20 a game until February.

Reaction Score
“Jordan’s ready to go, he’s ready to fire,” Hurley said. “The pedigree is there. We felt like he was a sure thing as a recruit. Our eyes told us last year in practice where he would have days when he would be the best guard on the court, maybe not consistently. He would have days when he was the standout player with some really good players on the perimeter. We trusted our eyes, trusted our ability to develop a player, and he’s producing. I’m not concerned about him delivering for us this year.”

Alternate free access:

UConn fans could finally see all of what a healthy, smooth Jordan Hawkins can do, and the Huskies would benefit from Game 1

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
“Jordan’s ready to go, he’s ready to fire,” Hurley said. “The pedigree is there. We felt like he was a sure thing as a recruit. Our eyes told us last year in practice where he would have days when he would be the best guard on the court, maybe not consistently. He would have days when he was the standout player with some really good players on the perimeter. We trusted our eyes, trusted our ability to develop a player, and he’s producing. I’m not concerned about him delivering for us this year.”

Alternate free access:

UConn fans could finally see all of what a healthy, smooth Jordan Hawkins can do, and the Huskies would benefit from Game 1

I’m scrambling for any betting site that has a prop bet on his points for tomorrow.

He’s going to be our best scorer, possibly best player, for us this year. No doubt in my mind.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I’m scrambling for any betting site that has a prop bet on his points for tomorrow.

He’s going to be our best scorer, possibly best player, for us this year. No doubt in my mind.
I've never seen player prop bets for college basketball before.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I've never seen player prop bets for college basketball before.
I think they have it for some games. Saw some Hunter Dickerson props on action.com

I’ve never done them myself so I’m honestly not sure though. Not surprised Vegas wouldn’t want to touch this one if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom