Humongous win for the program | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Humongous win for the program

Reaction Score
I mean what more can be said about Mora and this staff. They had enough stacked against them coming in - then add all of the injuries.

The fact that this team got smacked around the last few weeks and was able to bounce back like this is truly amazing.

We’ve been through so much, enjoy every moment of this, folks. The future is bright.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Whatever....it isn't dreaming. It's putting unrealistic expectations on the team which has 1 FBS win in 3 years. Then bashing them when they do not live up to said expectations.

I dare you to find any post I've ever put out there that bashed the Huskies. You've got the wrong dude.

And by the way... we're going undefeated the rest of the year, so...

Reaction Score
Whatever....it isn't dreaming. It's putting unrealistic expectations on the team which has 1 FBS win in 3 years. Then bashing them when they do not live up to said expectations.
No plans to bash them at all. They may have a bad effort day or bad luck in a game they are favored. But of the 6 games left, with ongoing improvement, they have a reasonable chance to win 4. Projecting out with optimism is fun, give it a try!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Honestly, if there was one G5 league I would take a football-only invitation to, it would be the Mountain West. Recognizable opponents.
Those will be some looooonnnggg road trips. But it’ll be the same for the teams coming here I guess.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Couldn’t make the game in person. I usually don’t give a hoot about announcers, but this duo was unlistenable and inane.
They are the pits…they did the Syracuse game as well and that was even worse, if you can believe it.

Reaction Score
Oh, this game was program changing alright. But losing to FIU is not completely out of the question. How many times have we seen something like that?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It feels like a giant weight has been lifted off the backs of these young men (and me too). A few veterans and transfers and a bunch of kids making up a walking MASH unit starting to look a bit like a team with some continuity and nothing to lose spirit. The offense struggled for good portions of the games but the D was terrific and kept getting them back out there for another shot. Eventually they came through and Mora didn't tank the end like Diaco most certainly would have. No player critiques for me, just letting this one sink in as a team win. Looking forward to my side trip to Miami next week and hope to see some fans for FIU. We can get another with a game like today.

Reaction Score
Fresno clearly laid an egg. Whatever. If Huskies go 3-3 you’d be ecstatic. 4-2 - holy . Great win - clear evidence of the Revolution!
Wyoming played like crap last year. Got the dub, out toughed them and thankfully overcame that punt return touchdown.

Reaction Score
Excuse me Nelson I was giving credit to UConn players instead of saying that Fresno had a bad game. And I've been around here about as long as you have I just didn't post
Nelson's been here since the dawn of time.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn's defense played great. They were decisive, flying around, taking good angles, and hitting. The stats reflect a great defensive game by the Huskies.

On offense, UConn was better than normal, although something seemed off about Fresno. It seemed like they were jogging a lot and weren't finishing off plays. I don't know if it was the travel or the weather or what, but they had no intensity at all on defense. I would be raging right now if UConn had played like that in a close game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn's defense played great. They were decisive, flying around, taking good angles, and hitting. The stats reflect a great defensive game by the Huskies.

On offense, UConn was better than normal, although something seemed off about Fresno. It seemed like they were jogging a lot and weren't finishing off plays. I don't know if it was the travel or the weather or what, but they had no intensity at all on defense. I would be raging right now if UConn had played like that in a close game.
Home field advantage paid off…those cross country trips are tiring, even for 18-22 year olds.

Reaction Score
It feels like a giant weight has been lifted off the backs of these young men (and me too). A few veterans and transfers and a bunch of kids making up a walking MASH unit starting to look a bit like a team with some continuity and nothing to lose spirit. The offense struggled for good portions of the games but the D was terrific and kept getting them back out there for another shot. Eventually they came through and Mora didn't tank the end like Diaco most certainly would have. No player critiques for me, just letting this one sink in as a team win. Looking forward to my side trip to Miami next week and hope to see some fans for FIU. We can get another with a game like today.
I concur. The D was exceptional and created the opening for the offense to compete.The D won this game. It's amazing that the team continued to fight on with so many first stringers out. Serious mental toughness. I will be at the FIU game, section 131.

Reaction Score
I concur. The D was exceptional and created the opening for the offense to compete.The D won this game. It's amazing that the team continued to fight on with so many first stringers out. Serious mental toughness. I will be at the FIU game, section 131.
First row where you can't see .

Reaction Score
I'm just gonna enjoy this week. It's been so long since this program has had a win over a remotely legit FBS program. Game balls for everyone - a great team win! So happy for this team, for Mora, this program and UConn Nation. For the fans that were there, they made a helluva lotta noise and after so many blowouts the past several years, it was a great feeling walking out of the Rent tonight finally getting a meaningful win and seeing something good happen for this program. They've needed hope for the longest time and today was a big step forward.

On to FIU next week - go UConn!!!

Reaction Score
So happy for the team. Not the most talented roster in football and gutted by injuries but still pulled it out vs a team that could be bowl eligible. Very excited for FIU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom