2025 Recruiting: - Hudson Greer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Hudson Greer

Reaction Score
This guy doesn’t appear to be a bad shooter.

I don’t think a guy takes and makes these types of high level shots in their offense if he’s a bad shooter. And he’s an athlete.

He's just not. Calling him a horrible shooter is just plain incorrect. He will shoot somewhere between 30-40 % from deep, and apparently has throughout his HS career (i think getting stuck on HS stats is a fools game though). Nice release, But he's more of a Detlef Shrempf driver who can hit the 3 than a McNeeley type.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He's just not. Calling him a horrible shooter is just plain incorrect. He will shoot somewhere between 30-40 % from deep, and apparently has throughout his HS career (i think getting stuck on HS stats is a fools game though). Nice release, But he's more of a Detlef Shrempf driver who can hit the 3 than a McNeeley type.

I agree.

Reaction Score
This guy doesn’t appear to be a bad shooter.

I don’t think a guy takes and makes these types of high level shots in their offense if he’s a bad shooter. And he’s an athlete.

I think his shooting has been underrated and athleticism overrated after watching a few games.

I suspect he'll shoot >32% from distance year 1, and I also don't see a particularly gifted all-around athlete. Certainly not a defining attribute like Jackson or Solo. Closer to idk... Ross? Not a bad athlete, I just don't see it being a stand-out at our level.

Reaction Score
I think his shooting has been underrated and athleticism overrated after watching a few games.
Wait, 5 days ago you were the one saying he's a "horrible" shooter. So saying he's an underrated shooter now does not compute

Reaction Score
Wait, 5 days ago you were the one saying he's a "horrible" shooter. So saying he's an underrated shooter now does not compute

Look at both my posts. That was just based on EYBL #s and scouting reports. Before I watched him. I'd call him a better than fine, but less than great shooter right now.

Y'all take my word for gospel way too much. Until I write multiple paragraphs on a kid, I don't know anything first-hand.

Reaction Score
Im not taking your word as gospel at all.

I called out your aggressively bad take at the time, calling him "a horrible shooter."

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I don't have access to this whole article, but he's making some noise this summer it seems:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This is from late May from Zags blog:

Greer is a athletic wing who plays above the rim and heralded for his three-way scoring ability. He has a fast pace to the game, running the floor well and nailing transition jumpers.

He says his style will be a factor during recruitment, and certain schools play into that.

“Just getting up and down [the floor],” he said. “That’s why I really like Arizona, Creighton, and Alabama; that’s why I like them a lot. shoot the three a lot and get downhill and get my guys open.”

Also...

While he prepares for the college game, Greer will also have to get ready for a new level of high school basketball with Kevin Boyle and Montverde Academy.

“Me going to Monteverde, I feel like that was the best thing for me,” he said. “Just hearing the talks about how hard his practices are, how much of an amazing coach he is, and playing his guys in winning positions.”

“For instance, Liam McNeeley with UConn,” he concluded. “I could see myself filling that role for them, being a great shooter and underrated passer.”

awy

Reaction Score
it's legit to note that he did not shoot well, same with Darius Adams. the scouting, physicality and increased athleticism of the competition may seriously impact their game situation shooting and that can indicate an area for improvement. just look at Purdue's good shooters in the championship game. they are not bad shooters, but could be exposed a bit in that situation.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He's the resident expert on this board, so he's never wrong. Even when he literally takes two sides of an argument

I'm going to assume he ignored me, because now his posts have disappeared for me.

We're all wrong sometimes, myself included for sure. Getting mad at everyone else when you're called out for it seems an odd choice.

Reaction Score

UConn: “When I went to USA Camp in April, we watched the Final Four games and I found myself just watching Coach [Danny] Hurley coaching. He’s a fun guy to watch and very energetic on the basketball court. With him, he’s that coach you really want behind your back because you know he’s going to be there for you. I think one of the best things with him is how hard his practices are, from what I’ve seen, and him being a great guy as well.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom