How will this year's Elite 8 do next year? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How will this year's Elite 8 do next year?

Reaction Score
Baylor didn't have height during their 2005 run...I think it's more coincidental than anything else. I've never thought of Baylor as "Big Girl U", although it's looking that way as of late with Griner/Brown/Cox/Egbo. Nina Davis also played like a post in many ways despite being very undersized.

I think the Final Four statement was Kim just being more playful but also pitching that her offense prioritizes old school style of play--get your butt on the block and we'll feed it to you.
To the extent that Baylor is identified with bigs, I think it’s a combination of who the biggest stars were on the NC teams (Sophia Young, Griner, Brown + Cox) and recruiting. The 2015 class is the main example
2015 High School Girls' Basketball Recruits - Baylor - ESPN

3 highly ranked posts in one class: Brown, Mompremier, and Justis Szczepanski (what ever happened w/her). IIRC, there were predictions at the time that there wasn’t enough PT available for them all, which of couse is what happened.

Reaction Score
I thought it was totally shameless, unabashed recruiting: "We love big girls here - the bigger the better. Come on down!!"

View attachment 42239
I definitely caught the little recruiting pitch after the game. I didn't like it bit. But I give Coach Mulkey props for being smart to use the paltform to her advantage. When you watch her team/kids play, you see her fight and spunk running thru them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom