How was the crowd tonight? | The Boneyard

How was the crowd tonight?

Reaction Score
For those that were there, how was the crowd tonight? Sounds like the players and Hurley appreciated the support.

“Oh, that was electric,” Karaban said after the game. “It’s always fun to play in front of the UConn fans and UConn crowd, for XL to be sold out tonight really gave us more energy and just really lifted us when we needed to go on a run and extend the lead.”

When Diarra left the floor he received a loud ovation from the 15,564 packing XL Center.

"That felt amazing," he reported. "That's just getting recognition for playing hard, playing my game. This crowd is amazing. UConn Nation is one of a kind. I appreciate that, we appreciate them. Sold-out crowd gives us that little bit of edge that we need."

"This place was electric," Hurley said. "It was cool to see, walking over from the hotel in the pregame around 5:15 p.m. or so, to see all the UConn fans in the restaurants ... probably having a couple of cocktails. The city being buzzing hours before the game was pretty neat. This venue played a huge factor in us being able to get a tough, Big East win."

Reaction Score
I was at Gampel for GTown and tonight sounded quieter besides a couple moments
It was quieter maybe because every time we were about to run away with game Nova hit a big shot or we missed a shot. If we had a run like Joey California did in Georgetown game the place would have been nuts. The crowd was loud just didn’t get a chance to prolong it.

Reaction Score
I was at Gampel for GTown and tonight sounded quieter besides a couple moments
Tonight was quieter, but it was more circumstance than anything - we didn’t really have any big runs, and Nova took timeouts or made a timely basket when the crowd started getting into it.

The place was completely packed, and definitely got loud at points tho. Just not the sustained noise of the run in the Georgetown game.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The pregame was fun. Crowd didn’t get as rowdy as Georgetown but there weren’t really as many instances where we had to. The team kept Nova at bay for the most part, so we didn’t have to get behind the boys as much as we normally would have. Regardless, a sell out is a sell out. Let’s ready to bring it for Creighton at Gampel on 1/7.

Reaction Score
Crowd was awful but not necessarily our fault or the Civic Center’s fault (as much as I’d love to blame it). Game never had a good flow to it. And the students still need to figure stuff out.

Reaction Score
884C7DD5-8D5C-4B3C-8DD3-A7D03BD2B923.jpeg

That first big red run sent my Apple Watch off

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It was quieter maybe because every time we were about to run away with game Nova hit a big shot or we missed a shot. If we had a run like Joey California did in Georgetown game the place would have been nuts. The crowd was loud just didn’t get a chance to prolong it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It shouldn’t take the #2 team in the country to get down by 10 and then go on a 20-3 run for the crowd to get hyped. That’s what we had to do for the last 8 years. There were multiple times during the game last night when the crowd could’ve pushed the game out of reach

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was good not great for a sellout. Got pretty loud after the Hawkins steal and 3 on the other end, and then I thought it was great the last few minutes.

Reaction Score
My biggest issue with the game was people constantly moving. Up and down in our row and groups of people in the stairs all game long. I feel like a boomer but just sit or stand still - you don’t need to go to the concessions every TV timeout.

Reaction Score
The Gtown Gampel crowd got really loud on every defensive possession after UConn got down 7. Wasn’t just during the offensive run.

That’s where the XL crowd could’ve stepped up last night, but it didn’t sound that way on TV.

Reaction Score
There were several times we had about an 8 point lead and Nova had the ball. The arena was quiet and they hit a big shot. Noise might have helped with a big stop. The usual problems with our base. It is easy to wait for Joey C to go crazy How about before when the team needs a lift?

Reaction Score
My biggest issue with the game was people constantly moving. Up and down in our row and groups of people in the stairs all game long. I feel like a boomer but just sit or stand still - you don’t need to go to the concessions every TV timeout.
That’s the problem with the big games/sellouts. You get so many casual fans that don’t care as much as the die hards.

Reaction Score
This 100 times, but even more so during gameplay and not even waiting for a timeout!

Reaction Score
Why is the focus always on student experience for the games?

I swear it's a genuinely, not snarky (rare for me) question.

Students aren't buying season tickets or donating to the athletic department. Kids get excited when you win games--I'm not sure whether they win at Gampel or XL really matters.

I am probably wrong for some reason I can't foresee. But I really think undergrads on the whole are the biggest bunch of morons on the planet, so here we are.

Reaction Score
Why is the focus always on student experience for the games?

I swear it's a genuinely, not snarky (rare for me) question.

Students aren't buying season tickets or donating to the athletic department. Kids get excited when you win games--I'm not sure whether they win at Gampel or XL really matters.

I am probably wrong for some reason I can't foresee. But I really think undergrads on the whole are the biggest bunch of morons on the planet, so here we are.
thankfully many of us former morons evolved to Season ticket holders and donors

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom