How the duck was Kwintin Williams a UConn Basketball Player? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How the duck was Kwintin Williams a UConn Basketball Player?

Reaction Score
It’s not pretty. It’s actually staggering to see how uncoordinated he was and the lack of true athleticism outside of jumping.
Weirdly his dunking couldn't even translate to actual game play. He didn't play much but when he did and had the opportunity he took forever to actually gather and go up for a dunk. The clips we saw of game play before he got here he looked like a guy who at least would've been throwing down in the minutes he got.

Reaction Score
Well, he DID hold the vertical record. I think I even remember seeing a vid of his butt in the hoop. But I never saw his feet leave the ground in a game.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
You obviously have not read Chief’s posts about First Night, dunking, etc LOL. In regards to Kwintin’s recruitment, what I said at the time was we should focus more on HS/Prep and less on transfers /JUCO. Kwintin was a JUCO.(see below screenshot) Today, I think my insight of a few years ago was correct. At the time, fans accused Chief as sleeping on Kwintin’s recruitment (see below). Once here, I did like Kwintin’s physicality and mean streak compared to Dave O. I thought he was a relative better rebounder. Jalan had a comment about Kwintin that we need more guys who would fight and didn’t like losing and I agreed with that. But, mostly Chief talked about fundamentals and missed assignments.
View attachment 54599
I was just giving you crap it wasn’t a serious post. You’re correct more often than not.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You obviously have not read Chief’s posts about First Night, dunking, etc LOL. In regards to Kwintin’s recruitment, what I said at the time was we should focus more on HS/Prep and less on transfers /JUCO. Kwintin was a JUCO.(see below screenshot) Today, I think my insight of a few years ago was correct. At the time, fans accused Chief as sleeping on Kwintin’s recruitment (see below). Once here, I did like Kwintin’s physicality and mean streak compared to Dave O. I thought he was a relative better rebounder. Jalan had a comment about Kwintin that we need more guys who would fight and didn’t like losing and I agreed with that. But, mostly Chief talked about fundamentals and missed assignments.
View attachment 54599

How dare you quote me from 3 years ago with no prior approval!

Reaction Score
It’s a little misleading to say Kwintin or a couple of the others were recruited.
Three kids two of whom were starters left the program after the season ,the top recruit decommited along with the loss of Brimah , Facey, Purvis’s to graduation and the uncertainty of both Larrier and Gilbert coming off surgery. The team was the most devastated since, Phil and Cliff were suspended in 1986. We needed bodies.
The incoming recruiting class were all considered projects although Carlton , Polley,and Whaley were serviceable.
That team had ten new players three of which were simply NFL replacement players or warm bodies. Remember even with this catastrophe we were 4-0 with a win over Oregon until Gilbert went down against MSU.

Reaction Score
The only thing I remember was when he went up to dunk and got rejected by the rim. I thought man his jumping sure doesn't translate to the real thing. Wow. Kevin Ollie. Just unbelievably bad eye for talent.

C

Chief00

That was an indiscriminate, low throw away blow - I did not recall what I posted but I did remember the First Night fans telling Chief how wrong I was after some dunks that night. I don’t consider you in that crowd - my apologies.

Reaction Score
We had to sign someone and he looked good getting off the team bus and in the pregame layup line.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I feel like we should all just move on with our lives and stop bashing a guy who probably regrets coming to UConn just as much as some people on here regret him coming to UConn.

We have a bright future my friends. No need to think about the dark days of the program anymore!
#Facts. However, I will say he is the reason why I watch some of these players' hype videos on Youtube and Instagram and can't help but wonder if they can do anything other than dunk.

Reaction Score

That was an indiscriminate, low throw away blow - I did not recall what I posted but I did remember the First Night fans telling Chief how wrong I was after some dunks that night. I don’t consider you in that crowd - my apologies.

Chied00 are you aware that you just quoted @Mr. French again without his prior approval?

Reaction Score
I was just giving you crap it wasn’t a serious post. You’re correct more often than not.
Kwiten
Because Kevin Ollie
Half the basketball genius’s on the board were on Ollie for not playing him more. He did star in a great recruiting video at the pool so he contributed more to UConn basketball than a bunch of other players who were actually recruited,which he wasn’t. he was a body for a short handed team.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and quenton (kwinton? kwintin?) McHale was 'the tiger of the pacific. except that he wasn't, either. I think that I see some of youse in the group singing his praises. lol. but I kid, I kid.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Just playin' Chief!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My ticket rep used this signing in his pitch. Let's hope we don't get that low again.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
There's also the chance he was trying to help a troubled kid a la Calhoun and thought enough talent was there to build something with. Williams wouldn't have been horrible as a 13th man. He could rebound a bit and had the physicality to clog the lanes and give a few hard fouls when needed. At the D1 level, I don't think he ever could have been more than a 5 min per game guy.

Reaction Score
The above criticisms are valid but given the guys we had up front, Kwintin played most physical. Ok, he would make foolish fouls, lose his assignment but at least he had a mean streak that Chief likes in his Bigs. The First Night fans loved him. Chief got criticized for suggesting we recruit HS/prep instead of JUCO.
He was a back fill because of the defections. Very athletic, no game.

Reaction Score
Funny, he had a little run with the Albany Patroons. Don't what he did, but again his athleticism impressed someone besides us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom