How the duck was Kwintin Williams a UConn Basketball Player? | The Boneyard

How the duck was Kwintin Williams a UConn Basketball Player?

C

Chief00

@Chief00 absolutely loved this signing.
You obviously have not read Chief’s posts about First Night, dunking, etc LOL. In regards to Kwintin’s recruitment, what I said at the time was we should focus more on HS/Prep and less on transfers /JUCO. Kwintin was a JUCO.(see below screenshot) Today, I think my insight of a few years ago was correct. At the time, fans accused Chief as sleeping on Kwintin’s recruitment (see below). Once here, I did like Kwintin’s physicality and mean streak compared to Dave O. I thought he was a relative better rebounder. Jalan had a comment about Kwintin that we need more guys who would fight and didn’t like losing and I agreed with that. But, mostly Chief talked about fundamentals and missed assignments.
E8B145D9-CF79-4D50-820C-0E72BE2D481D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
On the positive side at least those playing NBA 2K can hang their hats on a UConn "player" being used to help create the dunk package for the game. Have to keep the university relevant every way possible.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who's never actually seen him play basketball before?? And by that I mean shoot, dribble, pass etc.

I mean it's obvious he was garbage since he got almost no court time at all but I really don't think I've seen him do anything but dunk in the however many years he's been associated with UConn.

Reaction Score
I got into an argument with someone (they shall remain nameless) that said he would go pro after one year here.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who's never actually seen him play basketball before?? And by that I mean shoot, dribble, pass etc.

I mean it's obvious he was garbage since he got almost no court time at all but I really don't think I've seen him do anything but dunk in the however many years he's been associated with UConn.
It’s not pretty. It’s actually staggering to see how uncoordinated he was and the lack of true athleticism outside of jumping.

C

Chief00

The above criticisms are valid but given the guys we had up front, Kwintin played most physical. Ok, he would make foolish fouls, lose his assignment but at least he had a mean streak that Chief likes in his Bigs. The First Night fans loved him. Chief got criticized for suggesting we recruit HS/prep instead of JUCO.

Reaction Score
The above criticisms are valid but given the guys we had up front, Kwintin played most physical. Ok, he would make foolish fouls, lose his assignment but at least he had a mean streak that Chief likes in his Bigs. The First Night fans loved him. Chief got criticized for suggesting we recruit HS/prep instead of JUCO.

He was definitely not scared of contact so he had that going. He had 6pts 6 boards vs Auburn in a game as well as 4 pts and 8 rebounds ve Wichita State so by no means was he the worst player in Div 1 history as previously mentioned DJ'd ( ;) ).

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I feel like we should all just move on with our lives and stop bashing a guy who probably regrets coming to UConn just as much as some people on here regret him coming to UConn.

We have a bright future my friends. No need to think about the dark days of the program anymore!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Kwintin Williams vs Jonathan Mandeldove: if we had to have one back, who would you choose?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom