How the ACC could become the 1st or 2nd most profitable conference over | Page 6 | The Boneyard

How the ACC could become the 1st or 2nd most profitable conference over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Soccer is handicapped as a spectator sport on TV.

An hour and a half of process with a few, far spaced exciting scoring moments. To the casual observer, it looks like a lot of kicking the ball back and forth, back and forth.

The MTV kids of the last generation are used to stimulation in quick and brief packages. Thus hit movies abound in car chases, gun battles, explosions and quick attention grabbers. My son asks us old fogies how we can watch the BBC mysteries (you know, a lot of character building, dialogue, but little action).

I think it is no accident that baseball (the king of sports when I was a kid) has declined as a spectator sport while football has taken its place.

Football fits exactly into the brief action packaging format that the MTV generations have grown up with.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how fast soccer is growing here as I've been waiting since Pele played in the Meadowlands and thought it would have caught on in the mainstream by now?I can say I worry about lacrosse taking kids away from FB up here in the NE though.I'd hate to see the "Fall" sport die a slow death though or become unrecognizable.I loved playing and the joy it can bring viewing ..live or on TV !To me fall and FB are synonomous.

There really are new developments at the youth soccer level.
Because the national org finally has its act together.

Reaction Score
The Div I Women's Soccer Championship Selection Show will air live over the internet (NCAA.com) at 4:30 today.

FSU's women won the ACC Championship and will be awaiting their seeding....I'll watch for the Huskies as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Big article in the Courant yesterday on the high school/academy soccer stuff you guys have been blabbing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom