How many yes votes do you think we have so far? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How many yes votes do you think we have so far?

How many yes votes do you think we have so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm wondering about this best-case scenario for UConn:

Northeast - *UConn, WVU, *Memphis, *Cincinnati, ISU, Kansas, KSU
Southwest - OU, OK State, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Texas, *Houston

Possibly substitute a Florida school for Memphis. In this scenario:

1) Texas gets Houston and their new branch school in Houston.
2) The northern schools get: a) three schools outside of Texas, to diminish the power of the Texas schools, b) in their mind, a relatively easy path to the conference championship game, and c) some "basketball" schools added to the conference.

But what does OU get out of this? They keep their annual games with Texas and OSU, but not much else.

Or as these divisions shall be called, "BB and FB"

OU gets what I assumed they wanted.
More money
A stabilized, to the extent possible, B12
A diluted influence of UT
And depending on the deal, the chance to revisit everything in 8 years.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering about this best-case scenario for UConn:

Northeast - *UConn, WVU, *Memphis, *Cincinnati, ISU, Kansas, KSU
Southwest - OU, OK State, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Texas, *Houston

Absolutely not.
No one is going to agree to put all the top FB schools in one division.

Reaction Score
Iowa St's strategy is curious. They should be the most vocal for expansion and big expansion. If the B12 falls apart, no one is inviting them.
They need to be all in on the B12 success, and the B12 putting together the strongest alignment to survive if/when Oklahoma & Texas leave.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not.
No one is going to agree to put all the top FB schools in one division.

They won't because they're going to want to have Texas schools in both leagues for recruiting purposes, but there is definitely going to be an imbalance of football strength in those divisions. The top schools want it because they want the strong SOS to get into the CFP, and the weaker schools want it because they want a chance at a division title and consistent bowl eligibility.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Iowa St's strategy is curious. They should be the most vocal for expansion and big expansion. If the B12 falls apart, no one is inviting them.
They need to be all in on the B12 success, and the B12 putting together the strongest alignment to survive if/when Oklahoma & Texas leave.

They incorrectly assume that if they make a play for the deciding vote that they might get an extension of the GOR. It's not a horrible strategy because who is really going to listen to them otherwise.

If the L8 are operating together, then you would want one school to be the tie breaker between UT and OU if the other 7 have to toe the line with either school. OsU has to follow OU, the Texas schools have to follow Texas, the KS schools have to be together and with OU or else UT has 8 vote. ISU without an instate partner makes the perfect spoiler.

That assumes dynamics that I can't know and a level of organization that the XII hasn't shown, but it is a strategy one could employ.

Reaction Score
They incorrectly assume that if they make a play for the deciding vote that they might get an extension of the GOR. It's not a horrible strategy because who is really going to listen to them otherwise.

If the L8 are operating together, then you would want one school to be the tie breaker between UT and OU if the other 7 have to toe the line with either school. OsU has to follow OU, the Texas schools have to follow Texas, the KS schools have to be together and with OU or else UT has 8 vote. ISU without an instate partner makes the perfect spoiler.

That assumes dynamics that I can't know and a level of organization that the XII hasn't shown, but it is a strategy one could employ.

Why do private schools Baylor & TCU have to be with TX?

Ok, suppose they are. Then if TX 4 + KS 2 + WV 1 become dependent on ISU for the last vote. And why exactly would KS & WV be with TX and not OK?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Why do private schools Baylor & TCU have to be with TX?

Ok, suppose they are. Then if TX 4 + KS 2 + WV 1 become dependent on ISU for the last vote. And why exactly would KS & WV be with TX and not OK?

Just because they are private doesn't mean they get to ignore TX politics. The TX schools will vote as a block, which is why OU and the others are so opposed to UH and why N, A&M, Mizzou, and CU left.

Reaction Score
I'm tired of Gilligan's Island anyway. Time for something different:

Eight+is+Enough.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members