• 4 years

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Kid just continues to impress. Runs the floor, great hands, rim protector, mobile, high IQ and 7'2" to boot!
I'm sure his NBA stock continues to rise and is definitely going pro at some point. How many years do you think we have him?
I'm thinking/ hoping 2

Reaction Score
I think he has said he wants to play two years at uconn before he goes in the nba

Reaction Score
I think he has said he wants to play two years at uconn before he goes in the nba

I don't think he was expecting to play like a top-10 center in the country when he got here. If he gets legit first-round interest this year, the kid needs to go. I put 2 years because I do think the league will want to see him with a bit of a 3 point shot before he moves on. Or at least I'm hoping!! Because there's very little he isn't excelling at right now.

Reaction Score
I don't think he was expecting to play like a top-10 center in the country when he got here. If he gets legit first-round interest this year, the kid needs to go. I put 2 years because I do think the league will want to see him with a bit of a 3 point shot before he moves on. Or at least I'm hoping!! Because there's very little he isn't excelling at right now.
He stayed at Bristol Central when everyone said he needed to go. He has his own reasons for doing things, and I think bringing an NC to UConn is high on that list.

Reaction Score
He has the NIL money he could be shooting a commercial with Shaq next year. He would be a captain next year, he is taking all that knowledge from the upper class man.

Let’s not worry and enjoy, live in the moment.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think it’s a question of can he keep up these averages? If he does, he’s gone. If re regresses a little bit, with Sanogo taking more minutes, he’ll probably stay. He’s playing like an NBA player on a per minute basis so far.

Reaction Score
That's not exactly what he said. I don't think anyone, including himself, thought he'd have this kind of impact so early. He sounds like a very well grounded kid with a great family support system. I think they probably understand he has a chance to be drafted pretty high so he won't leave until he thinks he's ready.

Perhaps the most pertinent question was asked afterwards, when Clingan was asked if he had a blueprint in his mind for how long his college career would last and when he might declare for the NBA Draft.

“Definitely two, three years is something I’m going to need, because of my body, and having Adama there this year and probably will be out next year,” he said. “It’ll give me an opportunity my sophomore year. We’ll see how these next two years go, and we’ll go from there.”

Reaction Score
I voted 1 year. I think he'll stay 2. But I don't think there's any reason for him to stay 2. I think he would be a 1st rounder in June. At that point he can learn what he needs to learn on an nba bench.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Let's wait and see how he does vs BE competition, especially Kalkbrenner. I think he needs a second year to prove he can be the guy at center and ensure his production stays high with more minutes.

Regardless, he's exceeding expectations more with each passing game. I think he stays 2 years, but he's having as big or bigger impact than freshman Andre Drummond, on a better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom