OT: - How many MLB parks have you visited? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: How many MLB parks have you visited?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Wow, that's an amazing list. How was Polo Grounds? Do you think Babe Ruth really hit a home run to dead center?

What did you think of the road trip podcast? I wish I had a full Summer off to try.

Reaction Score
For a big sports fan I haven't been to many.

Fenway Park (a lot)
Old Yankee Stadium
New Yankee Stadium
Shea Stadium (30 years ago)
Citizens Bank Park
Nationals Park
Wrigley Field
Tiger Stadium, old one in 1990
Oracle Park (just went this past summer so it was already Oracle Park)
Tropicana Field - Does it count? Never saw a baseball game there, just the 1999 Final Four.

That's it. I need to travel more.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Shea
Citifield
Yankee Stadium V.1 II
New Yankee Stadium
Fenway
Citizens Bank
Memorial (Baltimore)
Camden Yards
Exhibition (Toronto)
Olympic (Montreal)
Busch I
Dodger Stadium
Jack Murphy
Tropicana Field (3/27-29/1999)

Reaction Score
Our podcast studio guest, Muneesh Jain, drove 17,000 miles in 95 days to see a game at all 30 MLB parks. Let’s revisit them together!

Gas Up The Car

16 -

AT&T Park
Atlanta Stadium
Camden Yards
Citizens Bank Park
Fenway Park
Memorial Stadium
Nationals Park
Oakland Coliseum
RFK Stadium
Riverfront
Shea
Sun Life Stadium
Three Rivers
Wrigley Field
Yankee Stadium (new)
Yankee Stadium (old)

GemParty

Reaction Score
16 -

AT&T Park
Atlanta Stadium
Camden Yards
Citizens Bank Park
Fenway Park
Memorial Stadium
Nationals Park
Oakland Coliseum
RFK Stadium
Riverfront
Shea
Sun Life Stadium
Three Rivers
Wrigley Field
Yankee Stadium (new)
Yankee Stadium (old)

Great list. You don’t have the podcast beat but that’s a nice group. I think I’d like to personally visit a couple a year so we have 30 by college. What was your favorite?

Reaction Score
What did you think of the road trip podcast? I wish I had a full Summer off to try.
Pretty awesome listen, I can’t think of a much better way to spend the summer than road tripping and watching a ton of baseball. Pretty cool guest, thanks for posting.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Pretty awesome listen, I can’t think of a much better way to spend the summer than road tripping and watching a ton of baseball. Pretty cool guest, thanks for posting.

Thank you for listening to the Sliders & Curveballs podcast. This particular MLB park episode was a lot of fun to record. It’s not every day a 7 yr old gets to learn about this type of road trip.

Reaction Score
Shea
Old Yankee
Fenway
Stade Olympique
Wrigley
New Comiskey
Candlestick
Oakland
Skydome
Qualcomm (for football but sat in the outfield)

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Man I’m jealous of some of you guys.

Fenway
Yankee stadium
Nationals park
Camden yards
Coors field
Petco
Metrodome
Chase field

Reaction Score
MLB I’ve been to
Fenway
Yankee Stadium
Shea Stadium
Old Yankee Stadium
Camden Yards
Nationals Park
Citizens Bank Park
Citi Field

MILB (im gonna just use teams nobody knows the names of the stadiums.)
Rock Cats, Bluefish, Yard Goats, CT Tigers, Lowell Spinners, PawSox, Portland Sea Dogs, Richmond Flying Squirells, Norfolk Tides, Bowie Baysox, Wilmington Sharks, and Charlotte Knights.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I’ve read all of the amazing responses and thank you for listening to the podcast that kicked off the whole discussion.
Season 2 ep4 -Gas Up The Car.

Some of you travel a great deal.

Do we have a consensus on what’s the best or top 3? I’m getting the sense from Muneesh’s pod descriptions of his 30 parks in 95 days trip that it’s something like-

Best- Camden
Tops - PNC, Wrigley, SanFran, Boston ?

*for those asking our guests last name is Jain and he is on Twitter @RoundingthirdMJ
He’s blogged about the epic trip in 2013.

Reaction Score
Old Yankee
New Yankee
Shea
Citi
Citizens Bank
Fenway
Camden
Nationals Park
Coors Field
PNC Park
Oracle Park (SFG)

PNC and Coors are my two favorites. There's not a better walk to the park than in Pittsburgh and Coors has a great feel to it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Old Yankee
New Yankee
Shea
Citi
Citizens Bank
Fenway
Camden
Nationals Park
Coors Field
PNC Park
Oracle Park (SFG)

PNC and Coors are my two favorites. There's not a better walk to the park than in Pittsburgh and Coors has a great feel to it.

I loved coors. Great concourse area to eat and watch a game. And rock like tickets were like 4 bucks at the time (2015).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I forgot to mention "Field of Dreams" in Dyersville, Iowa, but it's not a bonafide professional "stadium." It was built specifically for the Black Sox, but they weren't there that day. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm going to show some age.

Old Yankee
Shea
Fenway
Wrigley
Oakland Alameda Coliseum
Candlestick
Dodger
Camden Yards
Old Baltimore Memorial
Kingdome
Safeco

Of these... I really like Safeco.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not many. Old Yankee Stadoum (the most)
New Yankee Stadium
Fenway
The old Polo Grounds (saw both the N.Y. Giants and the Mets)
Shea where I saw a no hitter against the nets
Camden Yards.

Does the parking lot at Dodger Stadium count?

Reaction Score
1. Fenway
2. Yankee
3. AT&T (now Oracle)
4. Dodger
I think that’s it

GemParty

Reaction Score
I’ve read all of the amazing responses and thank you for listening to the podcast that kicked off the whole discussion.

Do we have a consensus on what’s the best or top 3? I’m getting the sense from Muneesh’s pod descriptions of his 30 parks in 95 days trip that it’s something like-

Best- Camden

*for those asking our guests last name is Jain and he is on Twitter @RoundingthirdMJ

Attachments

• 1EED0A51-56BF-49DF-BF99-34040B4472A9.jpeg
    1EED0A51-56BF-49DF-BF99-34040B4472A9.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 85

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Best- Camden

My favorite episode since the initial charm of Joseph. Great pairing of guest & child, with you ably moving things along. At 73 minutes, it outlasted my walk.

The props he gave St. Louis are warranted. I was able to walk from my Airbnb in a too-far-to-walk neighborhood, buy a beer (really, anything), and get a ticket for a shuttle bus to and from the downtown stadium. There are many shuttles like this, even from places in the surrounding towns that are part of the larger metro St. Louis. Then I bought a cheap bleacher seat, because there are gathering areas - mostly stand-up (bars and food) but at least one sit down for families (Including nursing mothers) - sprinkled around the park. I think I experienced 6 different vantage points, including just going to upper decks where there were unfilled seats (but then a nearby bar too). Red jerseys were everywhere, with lots of historic names. A real sense of fandom. Places to go after the game, or find your shuttle and go back to the neighborhood bar.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
19........the first was Ebbets Field in 1951. I was lucky enough to sit in the dugout at Ebbets before a game in 1957, and to visit with Ted Williams in the locker room in Fenway in 1954.

Reaction Score
Muneesh is a cool dude. He's been on the Never Not Funny podcast a few times talking about his 30 stadium tour. I'll have to give this a listen. As for me, I've really just hit the classics:
Old Yankee
New Yankee
Camden Yards
Fenway
Wrigley

GemParty

Reaction Score
My favorite episode since the initial charm of Joseph. Great pairing of guest & child, with you ably moving things along. At 73 minutes, it outlasted my walk.

The props he gave St. Louis are warranted. I was able to walk from my Airbnb in a too-far-to-walk neighborhood, buy a beer (really, anything), and get a ticket for a shuttle bus to and from the downtown stadium. There are many shuttles like this, even from places in the surrounding towns that are part of the larger metro St. Louis. Then I bought a cheap bleacher seat, because there are gathering areas - mostly stand-up (bars and food) but at least one sit down for families (Including nursing mothers) - sprinkled around the park. I think I experienced 6 different vantage points, including just going to upper decks where there were unfilled seats (but then a nearby bar too). Red jerseys were everywhere, with lots of historic names. A real sense of fandom. Places to go after the game, or find your shuttle and go back to the neighborhood bar.

Thank you for the kind words Hans. You’ve been a fan from day 1. Six months ago we were in my recroom with echos, now we have long distance guests in a studio. Plus, Joe just got braces but he’s gaining confidence in himself on every monthly episode. It’s been fun. Who wouldn’t want to replay a few conversations with their Dad from years past?

I appreciate all our new listeners. We’re amateurs. We’re just fans. Father & son.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom