OT: - How many MLB parks have you visited? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: How many MLB parks have you visited?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
By virtue of being born in 1977. I never got to experience Yankee Stadium I. My first experience in the Bronx was in the 1997 ALDS. I went to the new one as a wedding present from my best man in 2009.

Incidentally, sat in the Monster Seats for the same reason, but that gift was from my brother.

My mistake - when I first looked at your list I thought you had both I and II in there, which is the same park. Obviously III is different.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My mistake - when I first looked at your list I thought you had both I and II in there, which is the same park. Obviously III is different.
No issues on my end.

My view on Yankees Stadium is that even if I were old enough, I'd still consider I and II different parks for this exercise.

Same footprint, but the building was gutted and rebuilt from the inside out. The renovation took two years and the only remaining structure were the outside facing walls.

Last edited:

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I’ve been to:

Three Rivers
PNC
Fenway
Wrigley
Nationals Park
Skydome
Coors
Progressive Field

I can’t recommend PNC Park enough. I’m a Pirates season ticket holder (cue laughter) so it’s easy to take it for granted at times, but if you can make it down here, it’s truly worth it.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
My podcast guest had three or four must see parks. A few he loved for food. One the food was horrible. He maps out his epic great American road trip in great detail. Writing a book soon too. He’s passionate about the game and hurt by the recent black eye in cheating. Attending all 30 parks in one Summer (2013) is an episode you'll want to hear. Especially if you’ve been upset about baseball recently. Let me know what you think. My son and I would appreciate the feedback. It’s the first time we had a studio guest, long distance call. Enjoy!

Gas Up The Car

Reaction Score
Old Yankee Stadium
Fenway
Shea
Olympic Stadium (Montreal)
Toronto Rogers Center
Anaheim Stadium
Tropicana Field (awful)
Atlanta Turner Field

Reaction Score
Yankee (original)
Shea
Fenway
Turner Field
Astrodome
Minute Maid Park
Ranger's park (Arlington)
Chase Field
Chavez Ravine
Angels Park (Anaheim)
Coors Field
Wrigley
Riverfront Stadium

Of them all, Fenway is the best!

Reaction Score
Yankee I and II Stadiums many times
Fenway Pahk
Comiskey Park
Wrigley Field
Fulton County Stadium and Turner Field
Planning on doing a HOF (BB,BB,SOC,R&R,FB) vacation next year with the boys and will try to pick up 4 more stadiums along the way.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Yankee stadium
New Yankee stadium
Shea stadium
Citi Field
Fenway
Atlanta Fulton County stadium
Turner Field
Wrigley Field
Tropicana Field
Citizen's Bank Ballpark

Reaction Score
Fenway
Old Yankee Stadium
Shea Stadium
Petco Park
US Cellular Field (or whatever it's called these days) - White Sox
Wrigley Field

Reaction Score
Yankee Stadium (old and new)
Fenway
Shea
Citifield
RFK
GlobeLife - Texas Rangers

Reaction Score
If you're going to a baseball park for the food there's something wrong with you.

Reaction Score
Proud to say I've been to both Ebbets Field and the Polo Grounds. My first game at the age of 4 was Ebbets Field and the only things I remember were the train ride down with my dad and his Post Office buddies, the biilboards in the outfield, the stench of cigarette smoke and a vendor plopping on a Dodgers cap on my head.

My first trip of the three to the Polo Grounds was the return of Willie Mays. The crowd went insane that day because it was a doubleheader against the Mets.

The opening of Shea Stadium during the Worlds Fair was exciting because they were giving tours and my dad signed up for that. The only other parks for me were Fenway and the old and new Yankee stadium.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Thanks for all the listens guys! This 30 parks in 95 days episode is smashing all of our previous pod records. It was my sons favorite to record and has helped our baseball healing process. I can only hope to visit many of the ballparks you folks have enjoyed.

Reaction Score
  1. Shea Stadium
  2. CitiField
  3. Old Yankee Stadium
  4. New Yankee Stadium
  5. Fenway
  6. PNC Park
  7. The Vet
  8. Citizens Bank Park (new Phillies)
  9. Wrigley
  10. New Comiskey
  11. Jacobs Field
  12. Camden Yards
  13. Angels Park in Anaheim

Reaction Score
I can’t recommend PNC Park enough. I’m a Pirates season ticket holder (cue laughter) so it’s easy to take it for granted at times, but if you can make it down here, it’s truly worth it.

It's awesome. One of my favorite parks I've visited.

Reaction Score
PNC is the most underappreciated park in the sport. If the Pirates had better ownership and were competitive, it would feel a lot more historically significant. On a good game, Camden has a lot of charm. Miller is up there for me too (more the atmosphere than the park itself though).

For minor league parks, Hadlock is the gold standard IMO.

Reaction Score
1. Wrigley Field (Cubs duh)
2. Miller Park (Brewers)
3. Great American (Reds)
4. PNC Park (Pirates)
5. Safeco (Mariners - I think this might have a different name now?)
6. Riverfront Stadium (Reds park before their current)

I think that's it. I suck.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Old Yankee
New Yankee
Old Mets
New Mets
Fenway
Blue Jays
Hard Rock - Marlins old stadium(saw Anibel Sanchez no hitter)
PNC
Old Busch
Old Brewers(County)
New Brewers(Miller)
Wrigley
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey(they rename too often to keep up with. I go there frequently and refer to it as Sox park)
Old Tigers
Great American Ballpark(Reds)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

You're definitely a masochist.

Wife and I had 20-game packages from 13-16. Went to Bradenton for ST three of those years as well. Attended PiratesFest thru '15. But it was the offseason where NH said, "Pitchers should pay us to play here," that ended our relationship. I think we've been to five games in past three seasons, either to see someone's MLB debut (Tucker/Reynolds) or the Mets.

It is a gem of a park though. Except when it's actually near capacity - we like to say that the narrow concourses were built for a losing team ;-)

Reaction Score
Shea
Old Yankee
Fenway
Veterans
Fulton County
Camden
Arizona
Coors
Citifield
I feel like I went to the Astrodome because I watched The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training so many times and I've driven by it a few times.

Reaction Score
Polo Grounds (My first [1949] & still my favorite. Taking Willie Mays out of the PG was a crime against Nature!)
Ebbets Field
Old Yankee Stadium
Shea
Citi
Renovated Yankee Stadium
Old Comiskey
PNC (Lovely ball park. Would be my fave but for emotional attachment to PG.)
Ebbets Field, I am jealous. I have only seen pictures and film. A real treasure.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
You're definitely a masochist.

Wife and I had 20-game packages from 13-16. Went to Bradenton for ST three of those years as well. Attended PiratesFest thru '15. But it was the offseason where NH said, "Pitchers should pay us to play here," that ended our relationship. I think we've been to five games in past three seasons, either to see someone's MLB debut (Tucker/Reynolds) or the Mets.

It is a gem of a park though. Except when it's actually near capacity - we like to say that the narrow concourses were built for a losing team ;-)

It was time for that entire management group to go. I'm encouraged by the new group but, unfortunately, it's going to take a while. Travis Williams is going to be a big hit here, as he seems to be the anti-Frank Coonelly.

The concourses are miserable when it's full or if there is any type of rain delay. My seat is in the front row of the LF stands right on the field, so I don't get hit with the same crowds as the folks who sit in the seats behind the plate/up the base lines. My pro-tip that I tell anyone is to just buy the cheapest ticket and stand up in the Jim Beam Club up above the LF bleachers. It gets pretty full for big weekend games, but it's a great spot to watch the game with easy access to booze/food/bathrooms.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom