How long till we hear about hurley | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How long till we hear about hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not sure I care anymore. Just want a decision so we can sort out the roster, and begin building excitement for next year. There are several guys I’d be ok with.

Reaction Score
Here's the last 4 years:

NIT: knocked out in first round
NCAA Tourney: 1 win
No Postseason
No Postseason

Collectively, that sucks. Period. And if you were being objective you would agree. Fortunately, a good coach can get the program relevant again within 2 to 3 years.

The last 2 suck the other are fine after a national championship which you would never bother mentioning. But stay with what fits your agenda it’s cute.

Reaction Score
The last 2 suck the other are fine after a national championship which you would never bother mentioning. But stay with what fits your agenda it’s cute.

Getting knocked out of the NIT in the first round isn't fine for a program of UConn's caliber and neither is 1 total postseason win in 4 seasons. Even you should realize that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He 1,000% is content with both his money and the program there and *really, really, really* believes he can make it a national power. Being the hot shot isn't his thing.

If that's the case, why would he even entertain the idea? What are his motivations?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Stop with his wife as an obstacle. If we double his salary she won’t be an obstacle.

She's done it before though. They were driving to a new job with Pitt, and she had him turn the car around and go back to Jersey. Didn't want to leave her mom alone.

Yes, I understand the money and situation were different, but the moving up in the world was the same thing.

Reaction Score
We were ranked 20 preseason, which projects as a 5-6 seed.
We were a 9 should've been higher but then beat the 8 anyway.
Underachieve? Slightly. Nowhere near the hysterics you and bass throw at it though.

And the other 3 seasons with no postseason wins, what about those?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I heard the wife is a little apprehensive, but there's *legit* rumors Hurley won't leave URI unless it's like something monumental. He 1,000% is content with both his money and the program there and *really, really, really* believes he can make it a national power. Being the hot shot isn't his thing.

Which honest to god - that's a good thing. It's weirdly relieving for me in a lot of ways. If he doesn't come here and stays there, then god bless the guy. Wish there were more dudes like him in college hoops. A guy like him built us, I couldn't ever comprehend being angry and upset if he decided to stay there and shove it up everyone's A to see if it could be done.

And if he comes here, we're getting a guy who wants to be *here*.
One of the things that is attractive about the UConn job is that it isn't a transitional job. There are relatively few programs for which you'd leave UConn. The facilities are top notch, in a good recruiting ground, for a top twenty public with a great tradition and a rapid fanbase, if you are successful. Add in a big raise and it is hard to walk away from the opportunity.

Reaction Score
Getting knocked out of the NIT in the first round isn't fine for a program of UConn's caliber and neither is 1 total postseason win in 4 seasons. Even you should realize that.

Did Jim Calhoun ever go to an NIT
Here's the last 4 years:

NIT: knocked out in first round
NCAA Tourney: 1 win
No Postseason
No Postseason

Collectively, that sucks. Period. And if you were being objective you would agree. Fortunately, a good coach can get the program relevant again within 2 to 3 years.

Did you say that about Jim Calhoun’s NIT visits after great year? Please you’re just ridiculous it’s simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom