How long till we hear about hurley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How long till we hear about hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we all have a high praise for Hurley but some of these URI fans are totally out of their mind. They act like the AAC is the SoCon or something. Ive actually grown on the AAC. This league has the potential to have probably 6 teams in the tourney next year. Saying that we cant be a powerhouse is ridiculous. Gonzaga and WSU have already proven that wrong by being a powerhouse in the WCC and The Valley. “UConn’s days of being good are over.” Lol we just getting started, we UConn!

Reaction Score
I know we all have a high praise for Hurley but some of these URI fans are totally out of their mind. They act like the AAC is the SoCon or something. Ive actually grown on the AAC. This league has the potential to have probably 6 teams in the tourney next year. Saying that we cant be a powerhouse is ridiculous. Gorgonzola and WSU have already proven that wrong by being a powerhouse in the WCC and The Valley. “UConn’s days of being good are over.” Lol we just getting started, we UConn!

With UConn and Memphis back to usual levels, Cincy and WSU continuing to perform, Temple as a regular bubble team, and a now-and-then surprise from Houston or Tulsa, there's no reason this league can't rival the Big East of the 1990's (not the NBE of the 2000's, which was insane).

Our poor performance has been weighing down the AAC, not the other way around.

Reaction Score
I know we all have a high praise for Hurley but some of these URI fans are totally out of their mind. They act like the AAC is the SoCon or something. Ive actually grown on the AAC. This league has the potential to have probably 6 teams in the tourney next year. Saying that we cant be a powerhouse is ridiculous. Gorgonzola and WSU have already proven that wrong by being a powerhouse in the WCC and The Valley. “UConn’s days of being good are over.” Lol we just getting started, we UConn!

Exactly

It’s wishful thinking on the part of the Zagorias and notheast teams.

As Jim Ross would say “Business is about to pick up”... Memphis is making their move. A lot of buzz surrounding Penny. This is a big hire for UConn.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
And that "Agent" will attach a statement to a carrier pigeon and send it to
Chief. Chief will let us know at 6:30pm
And the name of that bird? Blaze

Reaction Score
With UConn and Memphis back to usual levels, Cincy and WSU continuing to perform, Temple as a regular bubble team, and a now-and-then surprise from Houston or Tulsa, there's no reason this league can't rival the Big East of the 1990's (not the NBE of the 2000's, which was insane).

Our poor performance has been weighing down the AAC, not the other way around.
Agreed! Add in SMU or UCF and this could be a 5 bid league most years.

Reaction Score

I love gorgonzola

Reaction Score
20 x 20 x etc...

How do you do exponents in here??? 20 ^ 20?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I’ll need to wait and see what mid majors get a fluky win against a high seed, then pick that person to be our next coach.

UMBC winning by 20 doesn't seem like a fluke. Idk, maybe VA gave up?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Didn't you hear? He sucks now cuz he lost today by 25 to a Duke team with NBA-level players. So we're gonna pass and explore our options.

You don't need a team full of NBA players to be competitive. We as UCONN fans should be familiar with that. The only player that is still in the NBA from our 2014 title is Bazz.

Reaction Score
You don't need a team full of NBA players to be competitive. We as UCONN fans should be familiar with that. The only player that is still in the NBA from our 2014 title is Bazz.
No, but you need some. We didn't have a full roster of NBA players, but we had a starting lineup of pros. And the sickest defensive backcourt ever.

Reaction Score
And that "Agent" will attach a statement to a carrier pigeon and send it to
Chief. Chief will let us know at 6:30pm

Pigeon will go straight to Zions with the news and then go to Chiefs to drop a blank piece of paper.
Chief will frantically get a pencil to shade over the blank piece of paper for some clues
only to see the words "drink your ovalteen"

Reaction Score
My sources say Hurley is 99% ours, pending one last discussion with his wife. AD DB wants to be careful not to extend too long. Expected deal 4/$10 MM. Welcome Coach Hurley #tentoesin
Not trying to give you a hard time but I think it's fair to ask why should we care about your sources

You can be somewhat broad of course but who are these people

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not trying to give you a hard time but I think it's fair to ask why should we care about your sources

You can be somewhat broad of course but who are these people
He’s provided decent information in the past.

Reaction Score
He's already got an offer in hand.

Whether that's been discussed with his agent or not, who knows. I'd assume he gathers himself Monday/Tuesday. There's still going to be exit interviews and some other last minute odds and ends. My guess is sometimes Tuesday/Wednesday he reviews the offer... if things move - which geographically, they could meet and talk... i'd say... next Friday/Monday after we have a good idea if he's coming or not - or at least where we're at.

Pitt is probably our biggest competition - thing is, it's even more of a rebuilding job than here. I mean regardless of what these players have achieved from a results standpoint here at UConn - their electing to stay could literally be the biggest thing to happen to the program in its history if Hurley both comes and then has a lot of success. Depending on recruiting, we might not be that far off next *year* from being a post season team again. There's a lot of schools who'd love to have Jalen Adams, Christian Vital and Alterique Gilbert to start off with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom