How is everyone feeling right about now? | The Boneyard

How is everyone feeling right about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
How are you doing today? Hard for me to be productive thinking about tonight. Last night only is upping the pressure in my mind. Yeah, I feel a little nervous because of the recent shooting escapades.

I am also annoyed about all the Achonwa talk I am hearing today. Yeah, it is a great loss, but we are missing Morgan too.

Take good care...

Reaction Score
i am feeling the same way as I did last year's semi finals. I think im gonna record it.....I don't think I can watch it live.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Too nervous to watch. Someone PM me at halftime, OK?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Nervous but not afraid. I think we will have a little edge to our play tonight. Last game for Bria and Stef, and they will play that way.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I am very confident. They are without Diggins and Achonwa. The point guard position they are depending on a freshman and the post they are depending on a freshman non starter . I am very confident. I think UConn will surprise alot of fans tonite. There is no way they can control the game with 2 scorers and 2 freshman. If UConn gets off to a slow start and ND is making everything remember this. Starting like a lion and finishing like a lamb because Geno will make the necessary adjustments. This is an entirely different UConn team from last season. The only thing that could go wrong for UCOnn is fouls 33-10 or injuries and I dont think that happens with Dee Kanter.

Reaction Score
I will say this, because lord knows I've taken enough shots at her over the last couple of seasons, Dee Kantner hasn't been as much of a bad luck charm lately. Either UConn figured out how to stop fouling in the games she refs, or she stopped hating UConn. Hopefully Kantner isn't an Irish name.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Nervous. I hope UConn comes out and (figuratively) smacks ND right between the eyes w/a 2x4 and gets them totally disoriented.

Take it to them for the opening bell...

Reaction Score
I'm not nervous, I'm pissed. Time for Muffett to put up or shut that trashy little mouth

Reaction Score
I will say this, because lord knows I've taken enough shots at her over the last couple of seasons, Dee Kantner hasn't been as much of a bad luck charm lately. Either UConn figured out how to stop fouling in the games she refs, or she stopped hating UConn. Hopefully Kantner isn't an Irish name.
Kantner origin: "...habitational name from either of the places named Kanten, in former East Prussia or Silesia.occupational name for someone who made wooden racks or trestles for beer and wine barrels, from an agent derivative of Middle High German ganter, kanter ‘barrel rack’."
http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=kantner

However her name is actually Dee KANTER: "German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): variant of Kantor.German: topographic name for someone living at the edge of a settlement or in a corner, or habitational name for someone from a place called Kant (see Kant).German: from the medieval personal name Ganthart."
http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=kanter

Appears we're in the clear on the Irish background either way (whew!)

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Kantner origin: "...habitational name from either of the places named Kanten, in former East Prussia or Silesia.occupational name for someone who made wooden racks or trestles for beer and wine barrels, from an agent derivative of Middle High German ganter, kanter ‘barrel rack’."
http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=kantner

However her name is actually Dee KANTER: "German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): variant of Kantor.German: topographic name for someone living at the edge of a settlement or in a corner, or habitational name for someone from a place called Kant (see Kant).German: from the medieval personal name Ganthart."
http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=kanter

Appears we're in the clear on the Irish background either way (whew!)

Unless that's her married name and her maiden name was...say... O'Brien :cool:

t-gal

T for Trouble
Reaction Score
I am still ticked off about Muffet not clapping. Show some class, these are Student Athletes for .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I have a feeling this will be the first tournament game UCONN will play well for forty minutes and win by at least 15.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Thanks, SAm....I made a deal with my sister, who will text me at half time and say how it's going with a prognosis, and if she gives me an OK, I'll walk over to a bar in collegetown and watch, keeping my sentiments to myself. I'm deep in enemy territory these days.

Reaction Score
VERY nervous AND pissed. I too, don't think I can watch. I think my dislike for this team is greater than my dislike was for Tennessee back in the day. But that is part of my mojo. I make myself totally miserable, pacing back and forth in the house, checking here, checking the TV. I get my exercise for sure!

Reaction Score
So who's getting any work done today? :)

I have a meeting in ten minutes that should last for about half an hour. That's it. Then on to being excited and nervous. As the time gets closer, one gets smaller and the other grows. I'm planning on excitement resurging at about 10:30.

Reaction Score
Guys this is going to help you. Here's the plan.
Shut down Mcbride.
Shut down the inside with our Bigs, win the rebounds battle.
UConn up by 20 with 5 minutes to go.

Feeling better?

Reaction Score
I am the only one it looks like who is as confident as Tony. I get the Irish are undefeated and having a great year, but we have the best coach,best associate head coach, best player, best center, best shooter, best 1-2 guard combo (Jefferson and Hartley better than any other combination), Best experience, Best fans, Best defense, best shot blockers, and think that is about it.

Uconn wins this game

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Confident but a little nervous. Will the refs become the focus of the game? Will we see the famed "Notre Dame Flop?"

But in the end, the Big Dog will be eating Leprechaun for dinner!

Reaction Score

Remember, Dee worked last year's semi-final against Notre Dame, and that went well.

Very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits