How is everyone feeling right about now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How is everyone feeling right about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll be watching at a UCONN centric bar on 3rd Ave and 27 St in NYC (Van Diemens)
. The group experience is always better than peeking out from under a blanket at home.

Reaction Score
Guys this is going to help you. Here's the plan.
Shut down Mcbride.
Shut down the inside with our Bigs, win the rebounds battle.
UConn up by 20 with 5 minutes to go.

Feeling better?
Easy for you to say. :)

Although if UConn is up by 20 with five minutes to go, I will feel better.

Reaction Score
Beat after last night but more hopeful than if the men had lost. It just gives us a better vibe.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
So who's getting any work done today? :)

I have a meeting in ten minutes that should last for about half an hour. That's it. Then on to being excited and nervous. As the time gets closer, one gets smaller and the other grows. I'm planning on excitement resurging at about 10:30.

Not me. Productivity about 50% of normal. Fretting level high. Will not each much dinner, I can tell. Will watch game out of the corner of my eye while doing crossword puzzles. Chicken Little syndrome, I know. May the bball gods shine upon us....and the girls kick some ND butt.

Reaction Score
I'm changing my mind. As the day wears on I'm feeling more calm - zen - if you will. I have gotten NO work done today, but not because of worry. I've been reading all the articles about the men. Unfortunately I'm watching alone - sigh. But, that's probably a good thing...no need to change what I've done all season.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
1 -- Eager to see the game start.

2 -- Concerned about facing the long off-season tomorrow and a drop-off in news about the team.

3 -- Sorry to hear about all the BYers who are biting their nails and projecting all sorts of possible ways the Huskies could loose. Barring a terrorist attack in Nashville, UConn is not gonna lose. My only hint of anxiety is a continued shooting drought: That's because I want the team to be hitting well so that I can gloat about a total pounding of ND.

A full game like the first half of the UConn-Stanford championship game a few years ago is the only way the Huskies don't bring home the 9th banner. Extremely unlikely, but the fact the first half ever happened is kind of disturbing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Im feeling fine... its a nice sunny day down here..... probably go for a walk in the park later.. then grab a 1/2 medium rare burger and a salad :confused:

Other than 2006 and 2011... I havent watched a full championship game since 1999. But with all the acrimony between the two fan bases...... I gotta watch tonight.

Reaction Score
How are you doing today? Hard for me to be productive thinking about tonight. Last night only is upping the pressure in my mind. Yeah, I feel a little nervous because of the recent shooting escapades.

I am also annoyed about all the Achonwa talk I am hearing today. Yeah, it is a great loss, but we are missing Morgan too.

Take good care...

BS:: Nifty title to your good thread here. In answer to that question, I'll quote an anonymous Castro defector, a sweet elderly patient, settling in for her first session: "I'm a leetle bit nair vous."

Reaction Score
The best thing for Women's college basketball would be Stewie having a Bill Walton type game where he dominated the entire game scoring rebounding, passing, and defensively. Say something like 35 points, 18 rebounds, 7 assists, 7 blocks, 4 steals, and having a good time doing it in a complete blowout by UConn.

Reaction Score
Nervous but confident. In this battle of titans we will prevail.

Reaction Score
Thanks, SAm....I made a deal with my sister, who will text me at half time and say how it's going with a prognosis, and if she gives me an OK, I'll walk over to a bar in collegetown and watch, keeping my sentiments to myself. I'm deep in enemy territory these days.
Deep in enemy territory??? My wife, daughter and I went to Knoxville from Jackson, TN, to watch UConn (D-33 points) stomp the Lady Vols, ON THE LADY VOLS FAN CLUB BUS!!!!!
Now THAT'S deep in enemy territory!!!

Reaction Score
I'm so nervous. I have confidence in our girls, though.
Stay strong fellow Boneyarders!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Besides Dee, for whom I have a much higher regard than many Boneyarders do, who are the other officials?

Reaction Score
I'm vewy vewy newvous. Wew hunting lepwachauns.

Seriously, I am terribly nervous but didn't wake up with a sense of impending doom. Same way I felt in last year's semi-final, not the same way I felt in the other three matchups with that team last year.

So maybe I should call it calmly nervous?

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Nervous, but confident. I like Courtney Ekmark's take: "The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about the game is that I wish I were playing," Ekmark said by email. "These games are the reason you work so hard and the reason you come to UConn. I think the game is awesome for women's college basketball and women's sports in general. Millions will be watching and the game will be well played between two smart and skilled teams who play an appealing style of passing basketball."

Reaction Score
Feeling confident with production inducing level of nerves. Im about to grt a workout in, then watch our Huskies sweep the Championship. Lets finish what we started!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Let's Rock 'n Roll... Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
I am doing well. I feel real good about this game. I feel a hot shooting night for our girls, we are due.

Reaction Score
And what wouldn't Stanford and Maryland give to be as nervous as we are now? How lucky are we?

Reaction Score
Was going to try to kill time before the game by doing some work so I could focus 100% on the game. That ain't happening. Way too nervous to ficus on work. Geez, you would think I am suiting up to play. Good thing I'm not. Assuming I COULD play basketball, I would be to keyed up. Geno would have to pull me aside and remind me to breathe.

Not watching the talking heads in the pre-game either. I already have a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom