How intimidating can we make Gampel on Wednesday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How intimidating can we make Gampel on Wednesday?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I will never stop. You’re the only negative bum in here. Get lost. Doing my job to get the crowd and the team ready. Contribute to the program or zip it.

You're doing neither but congrats if you believe it.

Reaction Score
You can’t be a Gampel crazy if less than an inch stops you.
If the game is still on with bad weather, I hope they can take the tickets on the market and some how subsidize them for students on campus to entice them to go.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
If the game is still on with bad weather, I hope they can take the tickets on the market and some how subsidize them for students on campus to entice them to go.
There was a mid-week Gampel weather game when we were in the AAC. No one showed and at the half they let anyone sit down low. This will be nowhere close to that, but yes, I hope they get all available tickets out there.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Why did you need contacts? Were you not there? Thats interesting.
I was not. First home game I missed this year. Shame on me. Even the biggest fans miss one occasionally. I watched the whole game though. Don’t worry about me. Be the best fan you can be.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Curious why more people can’t make it out to the XL Center on a Sunday afternoon. It’s Connecticut, what else are people doing? That many people go to church? Lol

Reaction Score
Wednesday needs to be an impressive showing from the students. So early in the semester, absolutely nothing better to do than get lubed up, fill Gampel, and scream for 2 hours. If they can't get up for this, they never will

Reaction Score
There were a ton of empties today.
And people’s complaints in past were “ nothing to cheer for” in the losses.
Whelp there was plenty to cheer for today in a blow-out……….so………do the math.

Gampel does need to be lit Wednesday though. It’s abother make or break against a team well ahead of us in standings. Let’s see what fans are made of.
XL center sucks. It just does. When one’s only argument for it is an argument against Gampel (traffic) that’s all you have to know.

Gampel will be rocking with students. Biggest game we’ve had in the building since Cincinnati in 17-18 (yes they were ranked 8th)

Reaction Score
What you mean? I was raised in CT so I would know. lol

1674440563572.png

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
XL center sucks. It just does. When one’s only argument for it is an argument against Gampel (traffic) that’s all you have to know.

Gampel will be rocking with students. Biggest game we’ve had in the building since Cincinnati in 17-18 (yes they were ranked 8th)
I am starting to agree with you. XL/Civic Center used to get loud as heck and was a crazy atmosphere. It has not matched Gampel lately. And you’re right about the magnitude of this game at Storrs. Biggest game there in years. Let’s get it ROCKING. Louder than Florida/Houston games pre-Covid?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
invite Bouk back
That will cause a stir:cool:

Reaction Score
I am starting to agree with you. XL/Civic Center used to get loud as heck and was a crazy atmosphere. It has not matched Gampel lately. And you’re right about the magnitude of this game at Storrs. Biggest game there in years. Let’s get it ROCKING. Louder than Florida/Houston games pre-Covid?
TBH I was only able to say that because somehow we have had several top 8 games in XL over that time period lol

Since I was a freshman in ‘08 I saw that the pathetic student section at XL made it inferior

Reaction Score
Amazing how many people were leaving at the U8 timeout with about 6.5 mins left in the game. I get it's a blowout, but was still surprised at the numbers
It's the Connecticut way, and has been for decades.

Reaction Score
XL didn't have it again today. We will see how the crowd is for the Marquette game in a few weeks.

For Wednesday as along as the weather isn't bad I'll be giving Xavier players all I got.
Advanced weather report says chance for mixed precipitation in the afternoon with about an inch of accumulation. If that weather report holds then it shouldn't be an issue.

Reaction Score
XL didn't have it again today. We will see how the crowd is for the Marquette game in a few weeks.

For Wednesday as along as the weather isn't bad I'll be giving Xavier players all I got.
Can't let a little snow keep you away - can't tellyou how many storms we drive onto watch UConn - 12/7/96 comes to mind - hell of a drive home and no power for 5 days afterwards. Only 1 time I remember not going- was against Pitt at Gampel, not sure of the year - donated our tickets to students

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom