How intimidating can we make Gampel on Wednesday? | The Boneyard

How intimidating can we make Gampel on Wednesday?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Here we are again boys and girls. I've used terms like "hostile" and "raucous" before. Now it's INTIMIDATING. My contacts at the XL today told me the crowd was large but church-like. I'm sure most of that had to do with the inferior quality of opponent and the resulting blowout. There is no excuse for Wednesday. My UConn group chat is ready to lose their minds as we seek to avenge loss 1 of the year. The base is coming around again, as are the casuals. Let's show X what a real college crowd looks and sounds like. Gampel. Storrs, CT. 1/25. 6:30 pm. There are no excuses. The dogs need us. Mount up.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Here we are again boys and girls. I've used terms like "hostile" and "raucous" before. Now it's INTIMIDATING. My contacts at the XL today told me the crowd was large but church-like. I'm sure most of that had to do with the inferior quality of opponent and the resulting blowout. There is no excuse for Wednesday. My UConn group chat is ready to lose their minds as we seek to avenge loss 1 of the year. The base is coming around again, as are the casuals. Let's show X what a real college crowd looks and sounds like. Gampel. Storrs, CT. 1/25. 6:30 pm. There are no excuses. The dogs need us. Mount up.
There were a ton of empties today.
And people’s complaints in past were “ nothing to cheer for” in the losses.
Whelp there was plenty to cheer for today in a blow-out……….so………do the math.

Gampel does need to be lit Wednesday though. It’s abother make or break against a team well ahead of us in standings. Let’s see what fans are made of.

Reaction Score
Are the students back on campus? Hope so. We have a better chance with them being there and LOUD. Wish they were given more seats to fill around Gampel ala Cameron Fieldhouse (as much as that pains me to say…)

Reaction Score
"Church -like " ? I take it you've never been to a pentecostal church before ? Those crowds put any sports venue and it's fans to shame ... while blaspheming the holy spirit by calling what is evil , good.
Seriously though , I hope we blow the roof off on Wednesday !

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Just stop with the crowd threads.

The seats will be filled, the crowd will be amped. The rest is up to the team to keep it going.

Reaction Score
It will be wild.

Today yes felt like an early season cupcake game except with more people. XL has yet to bring it this year though I’m guessing we will against Marquette.

Reaction Score
XL didn't have it again today. We will see how the crowd is for the Marquette game in a few weeks.

For Wednesday as along as the weather isn't bad I'll be giving Xavier players all I got.
I think today was a tough one. There were a few moments when it was loud, especially when they went on the run to get up 19 in first half. After that it’s hard to stay up no matter what arena you’re in when it’s between a 30 and 40 point lead.

Reaction Score
Hope it is insane because this Wednesday will say a lot regarding how the rest of the season is likely to go. Can't lose two in a row at home after that inexplicable loss to St. Johns + revenge + don't go back under .500 past the halfway point in the BE + so many reasons why this needs to be a win.

Reaction Score
I think today was a tough one. There were a few moments when it was loud, especially when they went on the run to get up 19 in first half. After that it’s hard to stay up no matter what arena you’re in when it’s between a 30 and 40 point lead.
Thats fair

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
XL didn't have it again today. We will see how the crowd is for the Marquette game in a few weeks.

For Wednesday as along as the weather isn't bad I'll be giving Xavier players all I got.

They won by 30 points what in the world were you expecting? Chants of defense with 3 minutes left in the game?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Amazing how many people were leaving at the U8 timeout with about 6.5 mins left in the game. I get it's a blowout, but was still surprised at the numbers
Way too many casuals and freebies. What can be done about it though? I guess the real fans and the students just need to bring it.

Reaction Score
If we can come out on top it would be great to have "Who Let the Dogs Out!" blaring on the sound system at the end of the game. Great chance for the students to make a difference Wednesday night. Looking forward to it.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

You can’t be a Gampel crazy if less than an inch stops you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom