How good is Akok Akok? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How good is Akok Akok?

Reaction Score
I hung out this weekend with a couple of old friends I hadn't hung out with in years. They will only drink claws now and their boyfriend and husband only drink claws as did the rest of the people in the group. I wanted to kill myself.
Pray for another pandemic

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
u hate dogs. im telling deebo.
howzaboot this one?

warning! poochie is in this one too.

The intro reminds me of Lady Madonna .

Reaction Score
I hung out this weekend with a couple of old friends I hadn't hung out with in years. They will only drink claws now and their boyfriend and husband only drink claws as did the rest of the people in the group. I wanted to kill myself.
You need new friends

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. At least drink a High Noon which states it's a vodka seltzer

or,

2. Pour a White Claw on the rocks and then very visibly in front of people splash in a shot of vodka.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We haven't seen much of Akok Akok because he got injured mid-season in his freshmen year. Then this year he only played a couple games for very limited minutes. Does anyone have any inside info on how good Akok is? With Bouknight leaving we need Akok to keep up with his defensive game and work a bit more on the offensive end

The correct answer is we have no idea. I suspect he won't be as good defensively as Whaley and Sanogo and his offense has never fully developed. Still very athletic and very much an unknown, but anyone putting him higher than 3rd in the big rotation is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Reaction Score
We haven't seen much of Akok Akok because he got injured mid-season in his freshmen year. Then this year he only played a couple games for very limited minutes. Does anyone have any inside info on how good Akok is? With Bouknight leaving we need Akok to keep up with his defensive game and work a bit more on the offensive end
Seems to be as good as Ajou Deng. Both were hyped up but never did much.

Reaction Score
Think of what you saw of Akok as a freshman when he displayed over the rim defense and some nice offense. Now imagine Akok 2 years older and significantly bigger through the shoulders and chest. I think he can be a beast. But how good he actually is only time will tell.
I hope you are right but it is also possible that he has lost some of that hop that made him so effective. He had a devastating injury. Not that long ago he might have never walked normally again. So EXPECTING that he will pick up where he left off is putting unreasonable pressure on the kid. It was a career threatening injury. Also remember that the first year of that 2 year period was recovering. He wasn’t getting in shape. He was working to get back to where he could start getting in shape. I hope he is recovered and comes back strong. But if he struggles I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The correct answer is we have no idea. I suspect he won't be as good defensively as Whaley and Sanogo and his offense has never fully developed. Still very athletic and very much an unknown, but anyone putting him higher than 3rd in the big rotation is setting themselves up for disappointment.
3rd in big rotation is a vital piece. And he might be that; at least to start season . But I have high hopes for him still.

a good thing I can say for coach Hurley is you can play your way in.

it might take two games longer than all the armchair quarterbacks here want (and I’m one of them to be sure), but I don’t doubt Hurley putting best team on floor eventually. Just please no hockey line changes in pursuit of that. I’m a mix and match guy.

Reaction Score
I tried one claw last summer. It reminded me of Zima but Zima was better. How the heck do people enjoy drinking that crap ?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The intro reminds me of Lady Madonna .
'early in the morning, rise into the street,
light me up that cigarette and i'll strap shoes on my feet.
got to find the reason, reason things went wrong,
got to find the reason why my money's all gone.'

'lady Madonna, children at your feet,
Wonder how you manage to make ends meet.
Who finds the money when you pay the rent,
Did you think that money was heaven sent?'

well, they both seem to have cash flow problems, as to rhyme part.
didn't think so at first, but listening to both again, it strikes a note of similarity on the rhythm part. odd. never thought aboot them like that before.
this joint should have a label: warning! may cause brain damage! lol.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Elite rim protection and role-playing abilities elsewhere. Oozing with potential offensively.

His timing and how quick he was off the ground were a huge factor in his rim protection. We have to hope the quickness off the floor returns next season because he was far from the same athlete this past season, which isn't a surprise. His lateral agility was also a fraction of what he was his freshman season. When his injury happened in '20 I thought he'd miss the entire '21 season yet he came back quite soon, but for what? He clearly wasn't ready and was pulled from the rotation. I guess to shake off a little rust and try to build his confidence. Hopefully we see the old Akok in terms of athleticism next year with an improved skillset.

Reaction Score
too soon on akok. let's hope for the best.
I think Akok could be a first round pick in a couple of years. That’s how talented I think he is. It’s worrisome though that he hardly played this year.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I hope you are right but it is also possible that he has lost some of that hop that made him so effective. He had a devastating injury. Not that long ago he might have never walked normally again. So EXPECTING that he will pick up where he left off is putting unreasonable pressure on the kid. It was a career threatening injury. Also remember that the first year of that 2 year period was recovering. He wasn’t getting in shape. He was working to get back to where he could start getting in shape. I hope he is recovered and comes back strong. But if he struggles I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
He is a remarkable young man and of course I don't think we should put any undue pressure on any player. Have you seen the videos of Akok in practice. One with a spin move and dunk on Carlton was very impressive, short but impressive. Hurley handled him correctly as he attempted to come back last year. It was a no pressure season with a couple of cameos to evaluate his progress. By the time the season starts he will 20 months away from the injury. Kobe Bryant and Breanna Stewart and Kevin Durant had the same injury and returned to their careers as all-star players. So I am very hopeful (expectant) to see Akok be Akok.

Reaction Score
You can tell when he was in the game he didn't have the quick ups he used to have when blocking shots. Took longer to get get off the ground to block shots. Hopefully once he's 100% her gets that back becuase thats what made him such a great shot blocker.

Reaction Score
The first 14 games of his freshman season, he put up 6.9 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.0 blocks on .534 from 2, .348 from 3, .611 from the line in 27.6 minutes. I have to wonder if he started to have issues at that point, because his numbers after that point were 4.4 points, 4.7 rebounds, 2.2 blocks, .412 from 2, .174 from 3, .571 from the line in 28.5 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom