How good is Akok Akok? | The Boneyard

How good is Akok Akok?

Reaction Score
We haven't seen much of Akok Akok because he got injured mid-season in his freshmen year. Then this year he only played a couple games for very limited minutes. Does anyone have any inside info on how good Akok is? With Bouknight leaving we need Akok to keep up with his defensive game and work a bit more on the offensive end

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Think of what you saw of Akok as a freshman when he displayed over the rim defense and some nice offense. Now imagine Akok 2 years older and significantly bigger through the shoulders and chest. I think he can be a beast. But how good he actually is only time will tell.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
He was the best player on the court at times during his Freshman year, especially in that Indiana game, so I think the ceiling is still high for him. I think they were optimistic on the timeline for the sake of the player, but realistically he wasn’t going to be close to 100% this past year. With something approaching a normal offseason and more time spent working on his body, there’s no reason to think he can’t get back on track where you’re seeing a high level defender that brings a different dimension offensively.

Sanogo and Whaley can probably be put in Sharpie as the starting front court but a healthy Akok opens up a lot of interesting possibilities, especially to keep teams from collapsing on Sanogo as he becomes even more of a force. If we’re going to continually bring a big out to the top of the key to clear out as we did with Whaley a ton this year, I’m much more comfortable with that guy being Akok who does have the ability to spot up or take a guy off the dribble and get to the rim.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I think he's pretty good. That ten minute audition against Xavier was sublime.
does he practice santeria? idk, 'i ain't got no crystal ball...'
now, this is sublime!

nice doggie, no? deebo better not mess with him.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
does he practice santeria? idk, 'i ain't got no crystal ball...'
now, this is sublime!

nice doggie, no? deebo better not mess with him.

God I hate that song ( and I’m ok with sublime)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This song comes and all the Karen's start still dancing waving their hands over their heads spilling White Claws everywhere.
louie the dog has that power over the ladies. lol.
and now, the 'claw' has upped it's game.
White Claw Releases Three New Flavors and Higher ABV "Surge" Line for Summer 2021 | FN Dish - Behind-the-Scenes, Food Trends, and Best Recipes : Food Network | Food Network
cuz, ya know, that seltzer beer crapola can't be bad enuf. surge dis.
club soda with a splash of fruit juice and hooch. nobody ever did that before, or did they? im no regular drinker (or i wasn't until the new life rhythms kicked in a year ago), but it hit me last fall, when i realized that i was drinking waaay too many carbonated beverages, that it was time to end that new custom. the number of seltzer beer cans in golf course receptacles is nutz. other places, too. sooo, im back to old school now. an occaisional pbr or budlight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This song comes and all the Karen's start still dancing waving their hands over their heads spilling White Claws everywhere.
I hung out this weekend with a couple of old friends I hadn't hung out with in years. They will only drink claws now and their boyfriend and husband only drink claws as did the rest of the people in the group. I wanted to kill myself.

Reaction Score
4.8 points per game as a freshman. I am not nearly as optimistic as you guys are. Pre injury I thought he was over hyped.
Nearly 6 and 6 while being one of the best rim protectors in the country as a freshman is pretty good.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yeah I bet you do, Sancho
Trying be a call in guitar replacement for over 500 beach bar gigs over 20 years and get back to me on that one.

hell I’ve probably played scarlet begonias live 1500 times in my life. I don’t have the same feeling about it as Santeria.

Also....

preemptive self post/handle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom